I Would Like Nick Foles In Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Would Like Nick Foles In Miami

Nick Foles is just plain better than RT. Everyone points to his earlier struggling years but maybe he just is a late bloomer.

Fins 2018 roster who would you rather have had on Sep 1?

This is about upgrading positions. Many of them. Including QB.
That's a big NO for me.

It's not about "upgrading positions" IMO. It's about upgrading the team, as a whole. Ryan is definitely not elite, by neither is Files. We need ELITE.

Yes, Foles may, arguably, be better than RT, but not enough to give him a big $ contract.

That's a big NO for me.

It's not about "upgrading positions" IMO. It's about upgrading the team, as a whole. Ryan is definitely not elite, by neither is Files. We need ELITE.

Yes, Foles may, arguably, be better than RT, but not enough to give him a big $ contract.

Arguably lol

Tannehill is the definition of franchise killing. He isn’t god awful but he isn’t even average either. He is the perfect QB to keep you from adding an elite prospect at QB. Sticking with him for year 8 would be so lolphins . . .so I expect it to happen lol.

Meanwhile Foles is making clutch fourth down passes with sidearmed looking throws to avoid defenders and winning playoff games.

The single biggest thing this franchise can do to upgrade “the team” is upgrade the QB. But to upgrade the QB you need your entire organization to have complete conviction that the QB can lead this franchise to a Super Bowl based on the philosophy and pieces we have and plan to have around him.

That involves more than looking at stats and previous performance so it definitely isn’t some plug and play fantasy type of move and its why developing your own guy really fits this mold.

He very well could be better than Tannehill but that's not exactly a big accomplishment. How can he be a late bloomer when he had an All Pro caliber year his sophomore year, but maybe he is a late bloomer....are you willing to pass on a franchise QB to find out? If he signed here and doesn't work out he's not bad enough to get you a top 5 pick and not good enough to get you to the playoffs, we'd be stuck once more in the in-between.

Honestly I rather go with Osweiler and prepare to Tank for Tua. We don't have a shortage of positions that need upgrading we can start elsewhere outside of QB.
I don’t disagree. I surely don’t want to go spend much on a FA QB. We need a top young guy.

This is huge and will be on Grier. Whatever he does will set the course for the franchise for 5 years minimum.

and who would that be? No quarterback would come in here and make us a contender save for maybe Aaron Rodgers
I agree. Was being a bit rhetorical.

I would not make a play for Foles.

That's a big NO for me.

It’s about topgrading at all positions. The positions we are set at (X, Tunsil, etc) lock them up. Then topgrade everywhere else.

foles is too good to come here.

we can try to send them tanny, who a few years ago, according to statistical info posted here was the most accurate of passers. (lol) he also has a superb 'skill set' and has yet to 'reach his ceiling' on his qb 'path'.

foles is too good to come here.

we can try to send them tanny, who a few years ago, according to statistical info posted here was the most accurate of passers. (lol) he also has a superb 'skill set' and has yet to 'reach his ceiling' on his qb 'path'.

Too good to come here?

tenor.gif

We really clamoring for a backup QB that won a 15-16 game in which the Eagles should have lost? Threw two interceptions with one REALLY BAD INT. If this weekend taught me anything, its that this team is a long way away from competing on the defensive side of the ball. The highest scoring team out of this weekend scored 24 points. Out of 4 games. We need a QB too but Foles isnt that answer. Should work this offseason to get this defense to reasonable and get the QB next year.

We really clamoring for a backup QB that won a 15-16 game in which the Eagles should have lost? Threw two interceptions with one REALLY BAD INT. If this weekend taught me anything, its that this team is a long way away from competing on the defensive side of the ball. The highest scoring team out of this weekend scored 24 points. Out of 4 games. We need a QB too but Foles isnt that answer. Should work this offseason to get this defense to reasonable and get the QB next year.

Yes. Bears defense isn’t very good. He should have led them to more points...

Foles is almost 30. No reason he couldn’t be the longer term solution.

I’m in on Foles....give the Ravens a 2021 first round pick for John Harbaugh...then you have the luxury of scouting this and next years QB’s for a young guy to groom.

Yes. Bears defense isn’t very good. He should have led them to more points...

Foles is almost 30. No reason he couldn’t be the longer term solution.

Lets not act like he was the reason the eagles won. Parkey doesnt miss the kick, he would have been the major factor in why they lost.

Not me, Foles is the epitome of a system QB.

Foles is absolutely a system quarterback. But he's proved that he can perform at a very high level in the right system. Nothing wrong with that. Just understand the player's limitations.

With that said, I strongly agree with you that he's a bad fit for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom