If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner

So, Positive Peter.....who'd you rather face...Tannehill or Brady??

Regarding Tannehill (or any NFL QB)...if, after 6 years you still don't know if he's the right guy....you know.
I find it funny that we also struggled against Cassell, Brissett and Garroppolo..not only Brady. I'll leave the knowing part to Gase about Tannehill. People seem fine with Gase's opinion if he likes Mayfield, Rosen or Jackson....not so much if it's Tannehill(shocker!) But then again, I don't think many are surprised you have to take a shot at RT at any chance you get....or the fact that the sky is falling in every post you make.

The same Adam Gase who thought it was a good idea to plead with & blow $10 million on a washed up QB like Cutler who would've rather been anywhere else than a football field.

And what was the harm with that? What would have been better?

What was the better alternative?

As some of us said at the time.....stick with Moore at no extra cost....most of us (non delusional ones) knew the season was a lost cause anyway....said panicking and signing Cutler was a costly, huge error that would not pay off & work against us keeping other players.... and .....we were right.

As many of us said at the time.....stick with Moore at no extra cost....most of us (non delusional ones) knew the season was a lost cause anyway....said panicking and signing Cutler was a costly, huge error that would not pay off & work against us keeping other players.... and .....we were right.

So throw in the towel on the season? That’s a losers mentality. I’m glad Gase didn’t choose that route.

giphy.gif

...and then there was a sudden realization.

giphy.gif

A lot of the Gase backlash started from a certain group of posters started...when he named Tannehill as his guy in 2018.

If that's true, Denver and Arizona were those teams.

No question in my mind John Elway would love to have Tannehill.

Those are the 2 teams that I heard. That said, I kind of wonder if I got told some bullshit, because apparently there's real bad blood between Elway and Gase and I find it kind of hard to believe that they called up asking for our starting QB.

Well, whatever, it's just more dumb off-season talk.

So throw in the towel on the season? That’s a losers mentality. I’m glad Gase didn’t choose that route.

Only by choosing Cutler....he did....and a lot of us saw it coming.

And it wasn't so much the thinking to give up on the season (although many realized it wasn't going to be a banner year)....it was that Cutler was not going to be much better than just having Moore take the reigns and we wouldn't be further setback by a 1 year $10 million payout for a mistake....money that could've been used elsewhere to keep or fill other holes.

Those are the 2 teams that I heard. That said, I kind of wonder if I got told some bullshit, because apparently there's real bad blood between Elway and Gase and I find it kind of hard to believe that they called up asking for our starting QB.

There really is bad blood between Horse Teeth and Gase....it's not a made up thing.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article187935309.html

Only by choosing Cutler....he did.

And it wasn't so much the thinking to give up on the season (although many realized it wasn't going to be a banner year)....it was that Cutler was not going to be much better than just having Moore take the reigns and we wouldn't be further setback by a 1 year $10 million payout for a mistake....money that could've been used elsewhere to keep or fill other holes.

Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. If you knew 100% what was going to happen before the season started, you’d have a job with one of these teams. Matt Moore is limited and judging by the fact that RG3 and Doughty got new teams before he has, it seems like the other NFL teams agree. Like it or not, Jay Cutler gave us a better shot to win than Moore did.

Last edited:
And what was the harm with that? What would have been better?
I think the harm goes to Gases rep on being a qb guru. Cutler was his guy. He pushed for him and spoke as if the team wouldn't miss a beat with him stepping in. Gase was all in on Cutler and it was a complete fail. Makes others begin to second guess future decisions he makes. I think it was very harmful.

Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. If you knew 100% what was going to happen before the season started, you’d have a job with one of these teams. Matt Moore is limited and judging by the fact that RG3 and Doughty got new teams before he has, it seems like the other NFL teams agree. Like it or not, Jay Cutler gave us a better shot to win than a Cutler did.

I don't understand all of the hindsight on Cutler posts. At the time, from what I read in the media, there was a general idea that Cutler was going to play Tannehill out of a job, and that he was going to run away with things. I don't know what things were like on here, since I didn't come back until a spell later...but once he crashed and burned, we get all of this "Cutler sucks...lol, Gase doesn't know what he's doing, I'd rather lose, lol" type of nonsense.

I know I thought Cutler had a shot to do pretty good things, considering he'd done pretty well with Gase in Chicago, and the team seemed to be set up pretty well around him. I didn't expect us to crash and burn like we did. It is what it is, though, I suppose...**** happens...no use crying over spilled milk, you've just got to move on.

I don't understand all of the hindsight on Cutler posts. At the time, from what I read in the media, there was a general idea that Cutler was going to play Tannehill out of a job, and that he was going to run away with things. I don't know what things were like on here, since I didn't come back until a spell later...but once he crashed and burned, we get all of this "Cutler sucks...lol, Gase doesn't know what he's doing, I'd rather lose, lol" type of nonsense.

I know I thought Cutler had a shot to do pretty good things, considering he'd done pretty well with Gase in Chicago, and the team seemed to be set up pretty well around him. I didn't expect us to crash and burn like we did. It is what it is, though, I suppose...**** happens...no use crying over spilled milk, you've just got to move on.

It was mostly negative, with the usual optimistic posters giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think most people knew that Cutler was going to make us miss Tanny, but also knew he was better than Moore.

Him failing, as predicted, just fed the ego of all these guys who get erections when they rip on Gase/Tannehill.

Bad blood in the NFL doesn't last long. Everyone hates everyone no matter how many "friends" they have in this business. There is way to much "friendship" in the NFL to begin with, mostly from the players and personally it annoys me.

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichek worked side by side for so long not liking each other.

I don't know why I am making the case for a trade when it's the last thing I want but I don't believe NFL teams make decisions based on personal feelings.

Hate of any kind has no place in this world.......except pro sports.

I want my coach to hate other teams.

I think the harm goes to Gases rep on being a qb guru. Cutler was his guy. He pushed for him and spoke as if the team wouldn't miss a beat with him stepping in. Gase was all in on Cutler and it was a complete fail. Makes others begin to second guess future decisions he makes. I think it was very harmful.

I just dont see any other option making much difference last year

I just dont see any other option making much difference last year
I think the real mistake falls on the organization as a whole letting Tanny opt out of surgery after the first injury. Ever since the Brees debacle I have pure disdain for Miami's medical staff and decisions.

Back
Top Bottom