If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner

He won't be a goner this year unless he gets hurt and he's been pretty durable throughout his career. I think Tannehill is a better prospect because if he's not, these rookie QB's won't be either with this team around them.

Agreed. Then instead of bitching about FA and getting Mayfield, everybody can bitch about how badly we ****ed the draft up.

I swear, guys can’t wait to hate the team that they love.
Probably because the team keeps giving you reasons to hate them. And they probably will screw up another draft. It’s only 2018 and their 2014 draft class is completely gone already.

So, Positive Peter.....who'd you rather face...Tannehill or Brady??

Regarding Tannehill (or any NFL QB)...if, after 6 years you still don't know if he's the right guy....you know.
41 year old Brady still more frightening than “in his prime” Tannehill.

I think the harm goes to Gases rep on being a qb guru. Cutler was his guy. He pushed for him and spoke as if the team wouldn't miss a beat with him stepping in. Gase was all in on Cutler and it was a complete fail. Makes others begin to second guess future decisions he makes. I think it was very harmful.
For one, Gase says he got rid of players because of their lack of effort and what not. Maybe if he didn’t force feed crappy cutler, the players wouldn’t have had such bad body language whenever cutler was at the helm. Just a thought

So much wasted time writing about the Dolphins selecting a qb in the first. It ain't happening.

:wall
Why can't/won't people come to grips with RT17 is this teams QB and that the chances of them drafting a QB in Rnd 1 is 0%!!!!

Now maybe Rnd 3-4 to groom into a viable back up that we could win with if Ryan went down. I could see that happening and it absolutely should i think that's one of the biggest lessons learned from last year.

I mean people are acting like these 4 Qb's in the draft are can't miss Andrew Luck type prospects. THERE NOT IMO.....

Kaepernick would have been way better than Cutler but that was not a thought. Cutler is better than Tannehill except he was a p*ssy in the pocket, afraid to get hit.But better than Tannehill who is the worst QB in the NFL throwing under pressure. In 5 years THill has proved he can never convert a big play on 3rd down when pressured. At least Tyrod Taylor would run for a 1st down to keep the drive alive. Thats why the Bills would beat the Fins.
Obviously everyone in football knows Tannehill cant get the job done but sorry butt Ross does not care.
If ROFL didn’t exist it would need to be invented for this post.

The Patriots turned to backup QB (Cassel) and rode out the season (even making playoffs I think).
They won 6 fewer games than the year before and missed the playoffs.

If you want to compare this to the 2017 Dolphins who won 4 fewer games than the year before, the Patriots would have been better off signing a Cutler-type veteran because winning 4 fewer games compared to 6, they would have made the playoffs that year.

He's a fierce Alpha-dog who would definitely beat-out Tannehill for starting QB. Remember, Tannehill was WR until finally becoming a QB in his 3rd year of college.

Ok I'm being totally serious here......
Do you REALLY believe this? Please tell me your just a Baker fan boy and your just kidding? Really please.....SMFH!!!!

I agree w post because Mayfield will be cheaper. weather you agree or not thill17 day coming as well. thill17 will be starter in 2018.

Since we re-structured him, is Tannehill even tradeable without taking a huge cap hit?

If you draft 1st Rd QB. I don't want someone ain't going compete for starting job. In near future. Mayfield does not look like type to be on bench long. I feel if draft he would give thill17 fight of his life to keep his job in yr2. I do not know if some of y'all fan are ready for that. Dolphins front office already know this. So they will pass on Mayfield

Kaepernick would have been way better than Cutler but that was not a thought. Cutler is better than Tannehill except he was a p*ssy in the pocket, afraid to get hit.But better than Tannehill who is the worst QB in the NFL throwing under pressure. In 5 years THill has proved he can never convert a big play on 3rd down when pressured. At least Tyrod Taylor would run for a 1st down to keep the drive alive. Thats why the Bills would beat the Fins.
Obviously everyone in football knows Tannehill cant get the job done but sorry butt Ross does not care.

This post sets a new low for the forum for completely inaccurate information. Congratulations.

They won 6 fewer games than the year before and missed the playoffs.

If you want to compare this to the 2017 Dolphins who won 4 fewer games than the year before, the Patriots would have been better off signing a Cutler-type veteran because winning 4 fewer games compared to 6, they would have made the playoffs that year.

Well...you're wrong first of all - they went 11-5....and my major point was they didn't do that and stuck with their backup which is or was a fairly common thing for teams to do when the starter went down (even Brady got the reins after Bledsoe went down many years ago and we've suffered ever since), not wasting a large amount of money towards a stopgap.

They went 11-5 with Cassel and almost made the playoffs but missed out due to tiebreaker ruling:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/06/tom-brady-tears-acl-mcl-2008-season

"Relying on the leadership of backup QB Matt Cassel, the Patriots held their own, clawing their way to an 11–5 regular season record, but they missed out on the playoffs due to tiebreaker rules."

And you're comparing the '08 season to the '07 season (AKA - their Magic Year) when the Patriots won all 16 games??!!! LMAO!..How about comparing it to the surrounding years like the '05 season when they went 10-6, the '06 season when they went 12-4 or '09 when they went 10-6 again (with Brady QB all those years). Of course that wouldn't work in your clamoring to be right so you cherry pick an almost fantasy year to use in your "stat". Funny how you didn't point out that they won one MORE game with Cassel than they did with Brady the following year...gee, wonder why you left that out??

So, if you were in any way knowledgeable about football, you'd know going 11-5 for a full season with a backup QB is pretty much better than anyone could expect (well, except in your opinion where I suppose you think a backup isn't worthy if he doesn't win all of the games...a feat never accomplished by any modern NFL starting QB not named Brady). And we haven't even been able to get to that record with our illustrious starting QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom