If Rosen Delivers Miami wins the lottery | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen Delivers Miami wins the lottery

The way I see it is pretty simple. Draft the top QB. Draft stud OL and use some of that cash on hand for some more FA OL and let the QB battle begin.

Where in history has it been easier to find a franchise QB with the top pick? In the past 20 years how many of the top pick QBs won a SB compared to how many of them have been a bust.

QBs drafted in the top 5

2018 Baker Mayfield and Sam Dumba$$
2017 Mitchell Trubisky
2016 Goff and Wentz
2015 Winston and Mariota
2014 Blake Bortles LMAO
2013 ZERO!
2012 Luck and RGIII lmao
2011 Cam
2010 Sam Bradford
2009 Matt Stafford and Marky Sanchez
2008 Matt Ryan
2007 JaMarcuss Russell
2006 Vince Young
2005 Alex Smith
2004 Eli Manning SB winner and Rivers
2003 Carson Palmer
2002 David Carr and Joey Harrington
2001 Micheal Vick
2000 ZERO
1999 Tim Couch and Akili Smith
1998 Peyton Manning SB winner and Ryan Leaf
1997 ZERO
1996 ZERO
1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins
1994 Heath Shuler
1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer
1992 ZERO
1991 ZERO
1990 Jeff George
1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Here are all of the QBs drafted in the top 5 for the past 30 years. Only 3 lead their teams to win a SB.

Some thoughts:

1) Wasn't McNabb drafted with #2 in 1999?
2) The list doesn't look half bad when you factor there are additional names on that list that made it to the Super Bowl and lost (Matty Ice, Cam Newton, Kerry Collins, McNair, McNabb, Goff, etc). Sometimes that's on the team just as much as the QB.
3) MAN I remember how much everyone thought those two QBs in 2002 were surefire hall of famers. I used to pass a building-sized banner of Joey Harrington when I went to work in NYC every day. What a dreadful career those two had compared to their collegiate successes.

LMAO @ the posters on this site.

Rosen Looked good in this last game against the cowboys? Really???? We didnt even scored a td remember?

These are probably the same posters who supported tannehill for 5 or 6 years LOL.

So... when you evaluate a QB you don’t consider the strength of the opponent? And the poor quality of the QB surrounding cast and protection?

by all accounts....the Miami Dolphins are tanking and have surrounded the QB’s with an historically bad O-line... and a weak receiver Corp that dropped multiple passes that would have been big plays!

Do you not consider when evaluating a QB for example...that Tua has the luxury of a loaded football team...whose talent is superior to their opponents every week. In fact, if you look at Alabama’s schedule....they have maybe 2 opponents that should even be on the field with them. And you that doesn’t effect scoring?

Daniel Jones played on a bad Duke Team...and because of that many draft pundits disregarded him and blasted the Giants for the pick.

I'm going to keep posting this until it sinks in . . . to both sides.
The ONLY thing that matters is Flo's evaluation and he didn't make it Monday AM. He'll give Rosen until game 12 or later and make the evaluation then. If his play stay at the same level of the Boys game, Flo will go QB hunting. If Rosen improves to what Flo sees as a solid starter, no R1 QB next year. I doubt Flo cares about the number of wins or TDs. Doesn't care about dropped passes. He wants a QB who play at a top level (not necessarily elite), is consistent, and smart.
A little OT, but my view on Tannehill was a gifted athlete with all the physical tools, but didn't seem mentally quick enough to be anything other than a serviceable QB. Most QBs fail in the NFL for lack of mental quickness - not because they are poor athletes. If Rosen shows the mental quickness Flo want, Rosen IMO, will be Miami's franchise QB. No one will know til end of season
Well, something tells me you will be posting it many, many more times.

I completely agree with you, that Flo will not be using the same criteria as fans.

In the first place, fans do not have the things that matter to Flores in their knowledge reservoir.

What Flores will assess, is Did JR make the proper pre snap reads, and call the proper protections, within the context of the system, given the defensive alignment? Did JR quickly react, and adjust to the defensive movement post snap? Did he make the proper choice in target, given the specific situation?. Did he force the ball, inadvisably? Did he throw the ball away, rather than needlessly take a 10 yd loss on a sack?

It is irrelevant whether the reciever caught the ball, or how many points we lost by.

It's great to have a big arm, or 4.4 speed, but to be "elite", you have to first be competent at decision making, within the framework of the offense.

I'm really just joking with the Minshew thing, but he's just a recent example of a QB thrown into the mix on a bad team (along with Daniel Jones) and plays well, something that gets lost with the myriad of excuses getting thrown around for Rosen. If you're good, you're good. Doesn't matter what's around you. You'll make good throws. You'll make good decisions. You'll hit guys in stride. You won't put them in the hospital. Adding talent only enhances their ability to function and put up even better numbers. It isn't a f*cking prerequisite to playing well.

Edit: Side note, if Minshew plays well this season, Mike Leach is probably going to get a real look in the NFL finally.

BS....the Dolphins are on a historically bad level of bad.

Jax is NOT a bad team...the Giants are far above Miami talent wise.

So... when you evaluate a QB you don’t consider the strength of the opponent? And the poor quality of the QB surrounding cast and protection?

by all accounts....the Miami Dolphins are tanking and have surrounded the QB’s with an historically bad O-line... and a weak receiver Corp that dropped multiple passes that would have been big plays!

Do you not consider when evaluating a QB for example...that Tua has the luxury of a loaded football team...whose talent is superior to their opponents every week. In fact, if you look at Alabama’s schedule....they have maybe 2 opponents that should even be on the field with them. And you that doesn’t effect scoring?

Daniel Jones played on a bad Duke Team...and because of that many draft pundits disregarded him and blasted the Giants for the pick.
That is literally made up. Feel free to let me know how you're determining that. It's not even the worst line in the league THIS year, let alone all-time.

BS....the Dolphins are on a historically bad level of bad.

Jax is NOT a bad team...the Giants are far above Miami talent wise.

He wasnt on a historically bad team last year. Historically bad QB play may have made it seem like that though.

I'm going to keep posting this until it sinks in . . . to both sides.
The ONLY thing that matters is Flo's evaluation and he didn't make it Monday AM. He'll give Rosen until game 12 or later and make the evaluation then. If his play stay at the same level of the Boys game, Flo will go QB hunting. If Rosen improves to what Flo sees as a solid starter, no R1 QB next year. I doubt Flo cares about the number of wins or TDs. Doesn't care about dropped passes. He wants a QB who play at a top level (not necessarily elite), is consistent, and smart.
A little OT, but my view on Tannehill was a gifted athlete with all the physical tools, but didn't seem mentally quick enough to be anything other than a serviceable QB. Most QBs fail in the NFL for lack of mental quickness - not because they are poor athletes. If Rosen shows the mental quickness Flo want, Rosen IMO, will be Miami's franchise QB. No one will know til end of season
^ This

Well, something tells me you will be posting it many, many more times.

I completely agree with you, that Flo will not be using the same criteria as fans.

In the first place, fans do not have the things that matter to Flores in their knowledge reservoir.

What Flores will assess, is Did JR make the proper pre snap reads, and call the proper protections, within the context of the system, given the defensive alignment? Did JR quickly react, and adjust to the defensive movement post snap? Did he make the proper choice in target, given the specific situation?. Did he force the ball, inadvisably? Did he throw the ball away, rather than needlessly take a 10 yd loss on a sack?

It is irrelevant whether the reciever caught the ball, or how many points we lost by.

It's great to have a big arm, or 4.4 speed, but to be "elite", you have to first be competent at decision making, within the framework of the offense.

^This too

At 1st I thought there was no way we pass on Tua for Rosen but it's hard to imagine a rookie looking as good as Rosen did in the 1st half. If Rosen performs well this season I could easily see a scenario where we trade out of the 1st pick to a team within the top 5 offering two 1st round picks.

From the NE game.

The wrs let Rosen down, DVP had butter fingers which a rare for him.

Last edited:
At 1st I thought there was no way we pass on Tua for Rosen but it's hard to imagine a rookie looking as good as Rosen did in the 1st half. If Rosen performs well this season I could easily see a scenario where we trade out of the 1st pick to a team within the top 5 offering two 1st round picks.

LOL

From the NE game.

I like your thinking, IF rosen plays well and moved us out the top 5 he has earned his keep but short of that i think you take a QB with your first pick.. In addition there is a flaw in your stategy, We have taken most teams 1st rounders i don't know if another team has two first round picks next season lmao The only one i see is the Raiders and I have a feeling Gruden is buying into Derek Carr as his QB.

I like your thinking, IF rosen plays well and moved us out the top 5 he has earned his keep but short of that i think you take a QB with your first pick.. In addition there is a flaw in your stategy, We have taken most teams 1st rounders i don't know if another team has two first round picks next season lmao The only one i see is the Raiders and I have a feeling Gruden is buying into Derek Carr as his QB.

Two 1st rd picks as in 2020,2021.

For the sake of argument, because we have a ways to go before we cross that path, I would prefer the second of those two theoretical first rounders be a 2021 pick. That would give us 3 rd1 selections in back to back years, would it not? It's also "insurance", in the event that our QB situation doesn't pan out, whether it be Rosen, Fromm, or whoever, as with 3 rd1 picks, you can surely maneuver to get another highly rated QB.

Back
Top Bottom