If Rosen Delivers Miami wins the lottery | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen Delivers Miami wins the lottery

That is literally made up. Feel free to let me know how you're determining that. It's not even the worst line in the league THIS year, let alone all-time.

what part?....you must be joking to not realize this line has 2 starters that can’t make other NFL rosters....a mediocre guard playing left tackle...a lower level center and a rookie 3rd round pick at left guard(Who was forced to play left tackle last week also....this is as bad as it gets.

And yes...Josh Rosen has gotten a raw deal....Arizona was the worst team in the league last year whose entire starting line was on IR by mid-season...his OC was replaced early in the season by a rookie OC.

And now he gets traded to a team intentionally divesting itself of what talent it has to Tank for Tua.

I like your thinking, IF rosen plays well and moved us out the top 5 he has earned his keep but short of that i think you take a QB with your first pick.. In addition there is a flaw in your stategy, We have taken most teams 1st rounders i don't know if another team has two first round picks next season lmao The only one i see is the Raiders and I have a feeling Gruden is buying into Derek Carr as his QB.
The multiple first would probably over a couple of drafts. Kinda like we got from Houston for Tunsil.
Oakland could be a definite candidate. I am not sure that Carr is really Gruden's first choice and considering they are moving to a shiny new stadium in Vegas next year I could see Oakland pulling a KC move: move up to get a top 10 or top 5 QB and let him sit behind Carr just to pull a Smith move the following year.

There are really no statistical metrics for Josh when it comes to deciding on his future. You can say TDs or INTs or wins or losses or, in your case, is he moving us out of the tip 5 draft order.
We don't have a complete and competitive team. Every players evaluation (inc Rosen) will be based on a matrix like does the player fit our idea of what we need in the future. In Rosen's case:
"does he understand the play book"
"how are his pre-snap/post-snap reads"
"is he putting the ball where he is supposed to"
"can he move this makeshift offense"

In an offense where you have no playmakers an INT could be as easily a pass through the hands of the receiver as much as a bad throw. A TD pass could be as much of a perfect throw as it could be an extra ordinary effort by the receiver hauling in an inaccurate pass.

I am pretty sure that Flores and Co will look at the underlying issues rather than the most above the surface tools like statistics.

what part?....you must be joking to not realize this line has 2 starters that can’t make other NFL rosters....a mediocre guard playing left tackle...a lower level center and a rookie 3rd round pick at left guard(Who was forced to play left tackle last week also....this is as bad as it gets.

And yes...Josh Rosen has gotten a raw deal....Arizona was the worst team in the league last year whose entire starting line was on IR by mid-season...his OC was replaced early in the season by a rookie OC.

And now he gets traded to a team intentionally divesting itself of what talent it has to Tank for Tua.
Nothing what you said is anything but your own personal opinion with ZERO knowledge of any other lines in the league currently, but thanks for the waste of time.

Nothing what you said is anything but your own personal opinion with ZERO knowledge of any other lines in the league currently, but thanks for the waste of time.

I think actual stats show how bad this line is...that you would argue the point is laughable...you think anybody with any knowledge of the game would agree with you?

45 rushing yards per game...the quarterbacks are under immense pressure...the lack of talent on this line is not debatable.

Not alot of people have have learned their lesson over the past 19-20 years of turnstile QB's. Rosen is not or will ever be second coming of Marino, Montana etc. Is he serviceable, maybe. We have had all his games with the Cards plus 1 game with Miami. Its still very early in the game, but if you think were not drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds of this draft then you are fooling yourself.
Where do people get all this inside information?

For the sake of argument, because we have a ways to go before we cross that path, I would prefer the second of those two theoretical first rounders be a 2021 pick. That would give us 3 rd1 selections in back to back years, would it not? It's also "insurance", in the event that our QB situation doesn't pan out, whether it be Rosen, Fromm, or whoever, as with 3 rd1 picks, you can surely maneuver to get another highly rated QB.

If Rosen plays well I think he might buy himself another year of evaluation( the 2021 qb is supposed to be really good). If we end up no.1 and a team within the top 3- 5 like Cincy wants a trade, I think we make it happen. (cincy will suck in 2021 also)

I will say if the Fins see Tua as a can't miss generational prospect( which I doubt), it doesn't matter how well Rosen plays.

At 1st I thought there was no way we pass on Tua for Rosen but it's hard to imagine a rookie looking as good as Rosen did in the 1st half. If Rosen performs well this season I could easily see a scenario where we trade out of the 1st pick to a team within the top 5 offering two 1st round picks.

From the NE game.

The wrs let Rosen down, DVP had butter fingers which a rare for him.

its possible...unless Grier is convinced that one of them is special and can’t afford to lose him.

In that case you make the pick.

I'd rather be the 2004 Chargers- Drew Brees was already on their team, but they drafted Philip Rivers just in case. Why not? Redskins did something similar, by drafting RG3 and Kirk Cousins in the same draft, just in case. Let's stop pretending Rosen is going to be able "to prove himself" by the end of the season with the hot garbage of supporting cast.
I was starting to read this thread with a very similar opinion to you. My slight difference is that NE even with Brady use to draft QB's regularly so as to provide some sort of challenge but more likely so they would have a decent back up if he went down. So regardless how Rosen goes, even if he proves to very solid performer I would still draft a QB high on the list as with all our draft capital we can still fill plenty of other holes while giving us a potentially strong position at the most important position on the field.

its possible...unless Grier is convinced that one of them is special and can’t afford to lose him.

Agreed, If Grier thinks he has all pro potential there's no way we trade out the pick.

Correct. It's FAR too early to be making 'absolutes' about anything on this team.
That said, IF Rosen plays well enough for Flo, yeah, Miami wins and gets one more R1 pick to plug a hole. Which hole and which player is a discussion for next year.

images

:lol:

LOL! So true, This was the exact narrative for T-Hill whenever anyone questioned him. You perfectly referenced that.

I personally don’t think Rosen is THE guy, OL or not. I do think he is a very nice QB to have as our #2 though. But I am fine with watching him all season and seeing if that changes.

If Rosen plays well I think he might buy himself another year of evaluation( the 2021 qb is supposed to be really good). If we end up no.1 and a team within the top 3- 5 like Cincy wants a trade, I think we make it happen. (cincy will suck in 2021 also)

I will say if the Fins see Tua as a can't miss generational prospect( which I doubt), it doesn't matter how well Rosen plays.

Im speculating here, but if we have the #1 pick, I think it is out of Grier's hands.

Im sure Grier would have some input, but I think Ross is going to be the guy making that pick.

If Ross wants Tua (or any other QB) that will be the pick.

Im speculating here, but if we have the #1 pick, I think it is out of Grier's hands.

Im sure Grier would have some input, but I think Ross is going to be the guy making that pick.

If Ross wants Tua (or any ⁷other QB) that will be the pick.

You don't think Flo and staff have some input?

You don't think Flo and staff have some input?

I think they will have input, but I have a feeling Ross will be making the final decision on what we do with the #1 pick (assuming we get that pick)

Rumor has it he wanted Lamar Jackson last year and was talked out of it or let Tbaum and Gase do what they wanted.

Now I dont think Ross is a meddling owner, but I think our first pick will be his. The rest will be on Grier and the boys.

Back
Top Bottom