Is Ahmed the answer at RB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ahmed the answer at RB?

Rb are over rated. Hope we don't waste a high draft pick on one. Rb can be had late rounds or undrafted.

I’m of the opinion the pendulum has started to swing back the other way a bit on this. Quick, shifty RB can be found in the late rounds/UFA. Big, plodding RB can be found in the late rounds/UFA.

Size/Speed backs are becoming a little more popular, because they’re a counter to the increasing popularity of dime defenses. “You want to show us 6 defensive backs? Fine, we’ll start ramming a couple 6’2” 220 pound blazing-fast monsters down your throat all game”

It’s why I keep looking at the 2021 draft and thinking, “Man, I really hope Miami can get Najee Harris at the top of the second round, but I’m not sure he’ll be there.”

I’m beginning to think Breida might kinda stink. UDFAs are getting more reps than him. Unless he’s hurt?
I don't know what ppl expected from a guy you got for, basically, a pack of gum and a bag of chips.

None of these guys can pass block worth a damn. That's why Gaskin was getting most of the snaps, and guys like Laird play in 3rd down situations. If Brieda was showing it in practice, he would have played more. End of story.

The actual answer will be Harris or Etienne. We'll definitely get one of the two. Right now it;s next and best man up for this year. Too bad as we'd be pretty devastating with the right back.

The actual answer will be Harris or Etienne. We'll definitely get one of the two. Right now it;s next and best man up for this year. Too bad as we'd be pretty devastating with the right back.
I don't know brother. Both of those guys appear to be good solid backs, but not in the class of Elliot, Barkley, etc.

I don't believe any back in the draft is going to be all world without a good O-line, and if you have that, any decent runner can be successful. That isn't just my hairbrained opinion. That is the concensus, and conclusion of top NFL organizations.

I don't know brother. Both of those guys appear to be good solid backs, but not in the class of Elliot, Barkley, etc.

I don't believe any back in the draft is going to be all world without a good O-line, and if you have that, any decent runner can be successful. That isn't just my hairbrained opinion. That is the concensus, and conclusion of top NFL organizations.
Same here. Draft em every four year and run them in the ground then release. They’re never worth their second contract and they’re never worth drafting in the first round. What highly priced RB went out and won you a SB? Peterson? Ezekiel? They’re a dime a dozen in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds

So am I, actually leaving from the airport tomorrow. My wife and her parents grew up there...So yeah, I'm well versed on the Eagles but nice try for trying to use the "but I know more because I live there" card.

Howard, still getting looks and signed, Ajayi not, because 32 teams think he's not even with a practice squad spot even in this lax year of rules.
Stop with the "still getting more looks" card because this is the same Eagles team who made Josh McCown the first "work at home Quaterback" in NFL history. The Eagles taking an interest in a player is a bad example of whether a player is worthy.

We have 24 carries to look at, so everything is projection. I think that Ahmed gives you a high floor but a low ceiling. During the Chargers game he excelled at not getting negative plays and turning 1 yard gains into 4+ yards. He was very effective hitting a small how and widening it. He just does not have a third gear. I do not see a 150+ yard game from him, but I can see a string of 58-90 yard games on 15 carries.

i do believe ahmed is the answer NOW in the short term 100%...i like he goes north and he looks fast out there, so far i like what ive seen in the small sample size...at the very least he earned the start next week and im sure we will see brieda with at least a handful of carries too

long term tho, we need a legit back that scares someone, a back who moves the chains and can make something out of nothing or take one to the house once in awhile...with that being said...is it ahmed? id be surprised for sure if it was...but i do know gaskin is not very good, brieda has done next to nothing and laird barely plays

think about how good tua could be if defenses have to actually worry about a good running back...and im not even talking barkley, mccaffrey, zeke type elite backs...just an above average back would do

Stop with the "still getting more looks" card because this is the same Eagles team who made Josh McCown the first "work at home Quaterback" in NFL history. The Eagles taking an interest in a player is a bad example of whether a player is worthy.
🤫

The last draft was loaded with good RB's and Miami passed on all of them. Yeah they moved for Brieda after it was obvious they wouldn't get a "top RB" however, this tells me that Miami will wait till the last chance, or pass altogether on "top RB's".

Bo Scarborough would have been an excellent add to our RB room.

Back
Top Bottom