Is Our "D" Better Than....... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Our "D" Better Than.......

PhinDude88 said:
Or you could change your mind after the first couple of weeks into the season. You all and us will find out how good our defense is soon.
Why is your D going to be so good? You core guys are getting old and you lost a big time corner. Your d was overrated when they were supposedly great so how w/ less talent and more age will they be as good as tghe other big time D's in the division? I'm not saying you'll be bad on D but don't expect to be a big time D like the other 3.

jason_taylor said:
Well I Guess Da Jills Couldnt Find 2 Players On There Team As Of Right Now That Have 166 Sacks To Be Exact They Probally Couldnt Find That If You Put The Jills And Jets Together Lmfao

We had 9 more sacks than you as a team last season.

BillsCA said:
I dont know how someone could say Miami D is better right now. We had 1 loss on defense in Pat Williams. Many people (besides bills fan) feel that Edwards can more than fill the void, he is just as big but much much quicker than Pat and saw plenty of playing time last year and provides a pash rush (4 sacks I believe last year). He will only benefit playing along side Sam.

McGee will have a full year of corner under his belt, he struggled early but improved vastly over the end stretch. Milloy is healthy again missing him the first 4 games really hurt and Vincent now has a full offseason to make his transition to FS even easier.

We dont really have a question mark on our defense while your secondary is a big question mark. Plus saying that the Jets are the worst D in the AFC East is far from true, and putting Saban up there with the likes of B.B. is the most homerific thing I have ever heard, he is a ROOKIE HC for christ sakes.

I really don't mind you bills fans, but I really can't wait for the season so we can prove stupid posts like this one wrong and all of you will SHUT UP.

Terrance McGee??? Please.

How that is not a weakness is beyond me. I tell you what, If Mcgee isn't a weakness, then neither is the Dolphins offensive line because, they too, improved vastly over the last half of the season and played much better.

...And you might want to call the media homers along with Dolphins fans, because THEY are the ones who keep comparing Nick Saban with Bill Belichick.

The Bills offensive line will not be able to stand up all the time to the massive pressure that Nick Saban's system will put on them to get to the QB.
You sure better hope JP Losman makes quick decisions. Because we have some real pass rushers on this team and JP is going to meet them real soon.

You can forget Wanny's bland 4-3 scheme that you are so used to seeing. Saban is going to bring everything AND the kitchen sink.

nyjunc said:
first off Carter was never the player taylor was. Secondly yes Taylor has been trending downward the past few seasons. he's getting old as well but I think he can still be effective while I think carter is pretty much done.

Taylor is getting old but he is still play like a top 5 DE in the leauge. Carter can still do some damage, just not like he was doing when he was younger.

Is it a bad omen that Saban wears that silly golf hat the way Spurrier used to? :lol:

jason_taylor said:
TRUE BUT THAT WAS JUST 2 OF OUR D PLAYERS I DIDNT ADD HOLLIDAY OR TRAYLOR OR ZACK ECT....:evil:
Holiday is done. The only reason why he got a good contract last year was that he got 4(?) sacks in one game against Drew (b1g deal) in 2003. He was nothing last year. Why do you think he was let go?

nyjunc said:
Why is your D going to be so good? You core guys are getting old and you lost a big time corner. Your d was overrated when they were supposedly great so how w/ less talent and more age will they be as good as tghe other big time D's in the division? I'm not saying you'll be bad on D but don't expect to be a big time D like the other 3.

The Jets a "big time D??"

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

PhinDude88 said:
Taylor is getting old but he is still play like a top 5 DE in the leauge. Carter can still do some damage, just not like he was doing when he was younger.
I do think Taylor can still be effective but he has gone from 18.5 to 13 to 9.5 sacks the last 3 years, that's not a good sign and Carter hasn't had a big time year since '99- that was a long time ago.

DolphinDevil28 said:
The Jets a "big time D??"

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I guess you didn't watch the playoffs, did you? Or you didn't notice we were 4th in points allowed and were the ONLY team to hold NE under 20 points(holding them to 13 AT NE).

Losman7 said:
We had 9 more sacks than you as a team last season.

WE SHALL SEE WHO HAS THE MOST AFTER THIS YEAR CARTER AND JT AND THE OTHERS WILL SCARE QBS INTO FRENSEYS AND WILL PROBALLY KNOCK A FEW OF THEM INTO COMAS :evil:

DolphinDevil28 said:
I really don't mind you bills fans, but I really can't wait for the season so we can prove stupid posts like this one wrong and all of you will SHUT UP.

Terrance McGee??? Please.

How that is not a weakness is beyond me. I tell you what, If Mcgee isn't a weakness, then neither is the Dolphins offensive line because, they too, improved vastly over the last half of the season and played much better.

...And you might want to call the media homers along with Dolphins fans, because THEY are the ones who keep comparing Nick Saban with Bill Belichick.

The Bills offensive line will not be able to stand up all the time to the massive pressure that Nick Saban's system will put on them to get to the QB.
You sure better hope JP Losman makes quick decisions. Because we have some real pass rushers on this team and JP is going to meet them real soon.

You can forget Wanny's bland 4-3 scheme that you are so used to seeing. Saban is going to bring everything AND the kitchen sink.
Oh, please. You would take Mcgee over the bum you are starting at corner anyday. Mcgee is young and still learning, he will be even better this year.

The only reason the stupid media is comparing Saban to BB is because BB was his boss previously. Big friggin deal. Saban is what he is, and that's a rookie head coach. Let's not worship him and grovel at his feet just yet.

nyjunc said:
I do think Taylor can still be effective but he has gone from 18.5 to 13 to 9.5 sacks the last 3 years, that's not a good sign and Carter hasn't had a big time year since '99- that was a long time ago.

Now YOU are being a complete homer if you don't think Taylor can be a little more than "effective."

You know damn well he's better than any defensive end the jets have ever had.

...And Kevin Carter has been playing DT. He's not been on the edge in space, and he's still gotten like 5 sacks a season.

The Phins defense does not compare to the Bills. I think the Phins have the best player of the 2 teams on defense in Jason Taylor, but the Bills are just solid everywhere on the D except at the corner opposite of Clements, cause I don't think McGee is very good. The Bills Lb core is better, their defensive tackles are better, their secondary is better, so really what is the arguement? They lost Williams, but Ron Edwards would start for the Phins and probably be the best defensive tackle on the team. The Bills have one of the top 3 defenses in the league, and the Dolphins have too many question marks to even bring up a good arguement.

Back
Top Bottom