Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

I would love for the Fins to draft Smith with the first pick then move up to around #10-13 to get Pitts. Then draft Najee in the second if he’s there

Id take pitts before I took waddle all things being equal

If you could get both, that'd be the closest thing to a Kelce/Hill combo in terms of tools. Obviously, they wouldn't be that good out of the gate, and chances are they never quite reach that level, but they'd put a ton of strain on opposing D's.

If you could get both, that'd be the closest thing to a Kelce/Hill combo in terms of tools. Obviously, they wouldn't be that good out of the gate, and chances are they never quite reach that level, but they'd put a ton of strain on opposing D's.

im probably struggling more with that Hill stuff and waddle than the pitts and kelce part

some guys are just plain rare and I think both those guys qualify.

pitts win on the boundary inside quickly vs surtain was impressive and shows how twitchy and gifted that kid is and that change of speeds in his routes will travel

I think waddle is likely headed for a lot of returns and slot/backfield motion/ gimmick use in his future and I think I can get that in this class in round 3 even. You can see a lot of that usage on his college tape even. He’s twitchy no doubt about that though. I just don’t see him being a plan a boundary

maybe I just have a hard time visioning the scheme in Miami that would feature it on other things

all that said there at 18 it would be a hard player to pass on

I’m definitely looking for twitch I just don’t want to pay any top 20 or even top 50 pick for gimmick

I think Pitts is the most underrated best pick we could have in the first round . TE as a position translates pretty well to the Pro’s . I also believe many of the reasons good TE’s do fail is related to offensive scheming, QB preference and the inability to make an impact blocking.

There are 3 huge factors in this realization specific to Tua’s development and the development of our pass game moreso than other teams.

1. Given Tua’s strengths in the RPO/bootleg, underneath routes to someone with Pitts ability to create separation would be a god send for progression and production for Tua .

2. Kyle Pitts has the most freakish athletic ability potentially ever seen by a TE, his body control, ability to make catches with his hands and win one on one matchups with anyone is unmatched by any TE prospect that I can think of. This may allow Tua to open up the deep throws, we all know he is capable.

3. If we nab our star WR, Kyle Pitts would completely stretch the field, occupy safeties and open up one on one matchups for a guy like Chase/Smith to be able to work or vice versa ( pick your poison) . Also think more deep throws here

I think it is very reasonable to use a 2022 2nd round pick to move up or package some picks to grab Pitts after selecting chase/smith or potentially trading back and using that ammo to grab say a smith/chase/waddle, Pitts, Humphries.

As for RB, I think you take Williams in the 2nd and never look back.
Yeah, I like this idea. Not necessarily trading up for him. For whatever it’s worth Daniel Jeremiah had him rated as the 3rd best player in this draft on his big board. Thing about Pitts is he looks like he’s a decent blocker as well which is a big deal. Him and Giseicki however you spell that damn name would be great together. The WR position is deep. Not sure if it would be the worst idea to take Pitts at 3, or trade down a couple of picks if we have a trading partner, take Pitts And then take a receiver at 18. This WR class is deep? Depends on what Flo/Grier &Co think of him. But I dream of landing Pitts, a top WR prospect, and either Harris or Williams with our top 3 picks. That would be a dream....

So many things can happen from now till draft week. I don't see Pitts being the target with our 2nd pick of the first round but rather, I can see us going defense at 18
god I hope not. Let’s invest in the offense which is the problem holding this team back. Defense is very good already.

Sounds like he has more potential as a blocker than Gesicki anyways....

I would love to trade Gesicki away and use that ammo to trade up from 18

ideally we can keep both 2nd rounders of our own, one of those picks has to be earmarked for a runningback

I've made my feelings known on more than one thread about Pitts. ANUFan keeps pumping the kid up and I have to tell him to quit getting over hyped :p

My argument for taking him is always the same:
  • He's was biggest mismatch in college last year
  • You can play him anywhere
  • Yes he can block, just not asked to do it a lot
  • He was uncoverable when he played last year, even against Bama and Georgia.
  • He has a rare combination of size speed and hands
  • Players like him are so rare
  • You can't get his level of talent anywhere else in this draft
  • You can get other wideouts, who maybe aren't as good as the 3 best but can improve your team with later picks
  • You can still get a combo of Pitts plus Smith/Chase or Waddle, with trading back and up.
  • He's simply the best Gator offensive prospect in many a year.
Do I think we will do ? Not a chance in hell ! We'll go Smith at 3 and probably Harris at 18, and tbh I'll be more than happy with that but if we want to go for greatness, I agree with the OP and you take Pitts (with a small trade down) with your first pick.

I can't believe how little love Mike Gesicki gets on this board. In 15 games he racked up 53 catches for 703 yards and 6 Touchdowns. He is a great red zone threat and is very good at moving the chains. He also makes mind boggling circus catches that seem impossible, many times with one hand. BTW, his block sprung Gaskin on his big TD run late in the season. It was a thing of beauty.

If we want to consider Pitts and do a double TE set sometimes I'm all for it but I'm not trading or cutting Gesicki. That kid is a keeper and one of my favorite Dolphins.

I like him alot. 2 concussions is scary

When was his second concussion ? I'm assuming this is true but the only one I remember was the chicken **** cheap shot this Georgia kid took on him because they obviously couldn't cover him, anyone would be dazed after this numbnutts went to work on you:

I can't believe how little love Mike Gesicki gets on this board. In 15 games he racked up 53 catches for 703 yards and 6 Touchdowns. He is a great red zone threat and is very good at moving the chains. He also makes mind boggling circus catches that seem impossible, many times with one hand. BTW, his block sprung Gaskin on his big TD run late in the season. It was a thing of beauty.

If we want to consider Pitts and do a double TE set sometimes I'm all for it but I'm not trading or cutting Gesicki. That kid is a keeper and one of my favorite Dolphins.

Few points:

• Why does MG go missing in a lot of games ?
  • Who was the QB for much of that production ? How's his production with our starting QB ?
  • How much are you going to pay him as he enters his contract year next year.
Gesicki's had a nice season in 2019, a little down in 20 but certainly some flashes. But you've got to ask yourself, is he ever going to develop that chemistry with Tua that will make him anymore than a player that occasionally puts a highlight reel catch on tape, do you really want to invest in him ? I'm not convinced, he has to do it more consistently for me, maybe you ask him to prove it next year.

Back
Top Bottom