Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

Miller is not a bell cow RB. The team needs to get him a running mate though I think Damien Williams needs to be factored in.

I am happy for Miller. He should have got more looks in the past few years, but for some reason Philbin sat on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading some of the earlier posts its funny how hurricane players that are being coached by the biggest pansy in the country still go to the nfl and produce.

While yearly every saban player comes with huge hype and are **** in 3 years. There are exceptions to this but still funny.

At the end of the day south florida kids over any other area.

What would you say with a lamar miller duke johnson pairing?

That 97 yard play was the play of the year, if not several years. Miller deserves credit for all the work he put in to make himself better. I like Damien Williams as a 3rd down back. Now we need a bruising big power back.

T-Rich is cool in my book, because it's not often that you see a running back whose yards per carry matches his jersey number. I mean, assuming you want to add in that decimal point. Ya know.

No doubt. Atlanta totally whiffed on their first rounder in 2011.

Hey, he said it, not me.

Here's another cool T-Rich fact. In addition to having a 3.3 yards per carry average, he also averages 33 yards per game across his career.

Hey, he said it, not me.

Here's another cool T-Rich fact. In addition to having a 3.3 yards per carry average, he also averages 33 yards per game across his career.

YPC aside (which is damning in itself), the GIFs of his runs are brutal. His vision is absolutely laughable.

I have a post in here saying Richardson is better than Miller and it appears I was flat wrong. Richardson is straight trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You need one yard, I'll get you two. You need ten yards, I'll get you two." - Trent Richardson

Hey, he said it, not me.

Sadly, some use him as the face of Alabama for some reason. Not sure I really understand the agenda against that school, even though I'm not a fan myself. When you put that many people into the NFL, you are going to have some busts. They hardly define the program itself. All I know, I'd absolutely love to have both Ha-Ha and Mosley on this team right now. I'd take Warmack, Lacy, Milliner (showing well at the end of last season and starting well before injury this season), Dre Kirkpatrick (developing this year), Dont'a Hightower, Upshaw, Julio, Dareus, James Carpenter, and Ingram on this team as well. And that's only going back to 2011.

Sorry, I just don't get the blind hatred for the school. Clouding vision.

Sorry, I just don't get the blind hatred for the school. Clouding vision.

I really don't like Nick Saban. I think he's a lousy human being. A legitimately bad person, and NOT for the reason that most people here don't like him. I think he's an awful person because I know how he interacted with the 'little people' in Davie on a daily basis, and quite frankly, the man is simply a ****head. I think the Bryant family has done some pretty lousy things. So I'm no fan of Alabama because the folks put up on pedestals in Tuscaloosa ain't all that.

But I'm with you that I think it's silly to paint prospects with a broad brush just because they come from the same school. Just as an example, I would never rip on USC quarterbacks just because they're from USC. Sure, Mark Sanchez blows, and Matt Leinart blew, and Matt Barkley hasn't had a promising start, but that really has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not the next quarterback drafted from USC is going to be good.

I'd take Amari Cooper on this team in a heartbeat.

Great thread. Great call by the OP.

I think it's safe to say he nailed this one. I love that OP made a claim, trusted his eyeballs and stuck to his beliefs because they were accurate.

I never bought in to Richardson like everyone else did, but I expected better from him. As I stated early on about Lamar Miller, he's very explosive but my concern was always how he seems to dance around in the backfield. Looks as if he learned a lot in the offseason and now he's trusting the line and following his blockers. You have to be impressed with Lamar Miller this season considering what he has done behind the same line that can't seem to protect Tannehill long enough.

Trent has been a disaster since his rookie season. Never in a million years would I have ever thought Lamar Miller would've been a better back than Trent at the next level.

But Trent has just been that bad. Miller has only finally developed into an average back that is best in a running back by committee approach. He's not a feature 25 carry a game RB.

For a 4th round pick Miller has certainly earned his draft position this year and turned out to be one of Ireland's better trade ups for a RB. But if you do it every year you're bound to mess up and get one right eventually.

It just shouldn't take a RB with Miller's speed this long to finally break a long run. 444 carries and finally had a run for more than 49 yards.

Miami needs a true stud RB to allow Miller to perform at his premium 10-15 carries a game.

Great thread. Great call by the OP.

I think it's safe to say he nailed this one. I love that OP made a claim, trusted his eyeballs and stuck to his beliefs because they were accurate.

I never bought in to Richardson like everyone else did, but I expected better from him. As I stated early on about Lamar Miller, he's very explosive but my concern was always how he seems to dance around in the backfield. Looks as if he learned a lot in the offseason and now he's trusting the line and following his blockers. You have to be impressed with Lamar Miller this season considering what he has done behind the same line that can't seem to protect Tannehill long enough.

Miller has made huge leaps this year. He hits the holes much harder and lower, and he has actually started to get respectable yardage after contact. I think he has a place here for as long as he keeps playing like he has this year. We need a true power type back though. We need our Lynch. Moreno may be worth a shot, but I'd draft a young guy in case. It's crazy that after all this time we've been saying "when is Miller gonna break one dammit??" boy did he ever break one yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom