Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

OP nailed it.

However, I don't think anyone is very impressed with Lamar Miller. He's pretty much exactly what he was at the University of Miami. He's a guy with lightning quick speed who hangs out in the backfield looking for that warp zone hole that's going to launch him 80+ yards.

I will say that he has made improvements this season from week one to today. Lately, he has been trusting and following some blocks as he should and picking up some nice gains. His size and fragility is still a concern for me as well.

Also, we should dig up those threads where guys said Trent Richardson was a without question a top five draft pick and would produce as such because he's the next best thing to Adrian Peterson.

I told you guys, it's not difficult to see....the running game in the NFL is a thing of the past. No one relies on the big bruising back in today's NFL. The NFL has slanted rules in favor of the QB and WR and have taken the RB away.

"Robert Griffin III beat out fellow quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson to win Offensive Rookie of the Year award."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...ns-kuechly-claim-yearly-awards/#ixzz2JnjO3goB

Crow "a la meniere" is served, don´t be late for dinner!!
:up:

:lol:

FAIL!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Also, we should dig up those threads where guys said Trent Richardson was a without question a top five draft pick and would produce as such because he's the next best thing to Adrian Peterson.

I told you guys, it's not difficult to see....the running game in the NFL is a thing of the past. No one relies on the big bruising back in today's NFL. The NFL has slanted rules in favor of the QB and WR and have taken the RB away.

But to be successful you have to be able to run the ball..

:lol:

FAIL!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

But to be successful you have to be able to run the ball..

No one will argue against that.

But spending a top five pick on a RB is laughable. I don't care who it is. The NFL is no longer built for a superstar RB.

What are the Minnesota Vikings doing with Adrian Peterson these days? Adrian Peterson is the best RB the NFL has seen in 15 years and he's only useful in nerd ball. If I'm the Vikings, I'm unloading him while he still has some value left.

Miller is not a 1st rounder that has been spun off for another 1st rounder. I will take Miller in the fourth round and what he gives versus Richardson.

I would love to see him become a more committed type of runner. Make one cut and go for however far that is instead of dancing looking for the big play.

Not a bad day for Miller against the best run defense in the league.

Not a bad day for Miller against the best run defense in the league.

meanwhile, trent richardson, the former first rounder, who was traded for first rounder, was benched in favor of... donald brown??

at the very least miller in the 4th was better than trich in the 1st.

No one will argue against that.

But spending a top five pick on a RB is laughable. I don't care who it is. The NFL is no longer built for a superstar RB.

What are the Minnesota Vikings doing with Adrian Peterson these days? Adrian Peterson is the best RB the NFL has seen in 15 years and he's only useful in nerd ball. If I'm the Vikings, I'm unloading him while he still has some value left.

Seattle has - by far - my favorite backfield in the league. I absolutely love the way they're built. Three physical backs - all about 220 - who can take and give punishment.

I felt the need to bump this thread. I get my share of things wrong and admit it. However, I think I nailed this one and many here were flat-out wrong. Funny to read what people said years ago. I always liked Miller. I never made him to be the next Marcus Allen. However, I loved his talent and considering his round he was drafted in, he was a quality pick.

Plus, I never liked Richardson's game. Totally overrated…much like other Alabama prospects.

Miler 1,099 yards on 216 carries. 5.1 per carry average. 8 TD's
Richardson 519 yards on 159 carries. 3.3 per carry average. 3 TD's.

Congrats on a great year, Lamar.

What's the saying about a blind pig finding acorns? :troll:

No, nice call. I was skeptical about Miller due to his penchant for avoiding contact. I questioned his toughness. I was mistaken. Richardson....that was an unfortunate pick.

Funny thing About miller is I thought his patience and vision were great coming out of college, And in the NFL its been terrible. Def saw improvement this year, but IMO he left a lot of huge runs On the field.

A player with his speed and running style should be able to do serious Damage once he hits the 2nd level, seemEd like He would get to the second level, and run full speed into the first defender he saw. Maybe he improves on that next year.

Back
Top Bottom