Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

another vote for miller time here. I was on the miller side of this conversation when it was started way back. We didn't have to give up the third pick in the draft for a back who is IMO, been more productive or at the very least just as productive so far as a pro in lamar miller.

31 less rushing attempts, 62 less yards, 1 less touchdown. (rushing)... he has yet to be featured in the passing game but even still he only trails trich by 11 rec and a td.

it's a long ways out before we can tell who the better back will be in the NFL, but as of right now we have 3 professional games to go off of, and IMO, lamar miller may end up having the better statistical year, playing from a backup role.

I'd give you credit on Miller Hayden Fox.

I think their talent is close enough that the only thing really seperating them is opportunity for carries. I think Miller, once he learns to pass block, can be a starting HB in the NFL.

Thats part of the reason I'd never draft a RB in the first round unless I thought they were a truely unique talent and could become the best RB in football (Like Peterson as a prospect).

I wasn't a fan of Cleveland taking Richardson so high, especially since Miller(4th rd), Alfred Morris (6th Rd), and Daryl Richardson (7th Rd) all look really good. Vick Ballard also looks decent and he was a 5th Rd pick I believe too, so I don't think the value of taking Richardson at number 3 overall is all that great.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/trent-richardson-wasnt-injured-wasnt-effective/

Miller cannot seem to get on the field right now, but after reading this article, I am still holding to my take that Miller will end up being better than Richardson.

I would never select a RB in the 1st round.

I remember debating this with several Pro-Richardson and Pro-Ingram guys on the board the past couple of years, guys who wanted them in the 1st round. And who were foaming at the mouth for them. lol

just say NO to RB's in the 1st round. Good backs can be acquired in many other ways.

In 5 games this year Mark Ingram has 106 total yards rushing, and "under" 3 yards per carry. And just 1 catch for minus 1 yard. ROFL

Vindicated

I would never select a RB in the 1st round.

I remember debating this with several Pro-Richardson and Pro-Ingram guys on the board the past couple of years, guys who wanted them in the 1st round. And who were foaming at the mouth for them. lol

just say NO to RB's in the 1st round. Good backs can be acquired in many other ways.

In 5 games this year Mark Ingram has 106 total yards rushing, and "under" 3 yards per carry. And just 1 catch for minus 1 yard. ROFL

Vindicated

Totally agree. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted and the guy is the best RB in football right now.

The Ronnie Brown pick was really what killed Nick Saban during his tenure here. You can get solid RB's anywhere in the draft really. To draft one in the top 5 and not have them become a top 2 or 3 RB in football really sets you back.

Richardson I think was worth a top 5 talent wise. The dumb thing was trading up one spot for him when nobody else was looking to move up for him. Ingram I thought would be better than he has so far due to his receiving ability but it hasn't happened.

RBs are kind of funny. There are quite a few RBs out there that you'd think were gonna be good pro RBs in the pros haven't done that yet.

You wonder if the Browns should have took RT and drafted a Doug Martin?

Totally agree. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted and the guy is the best RB in football right now.

The Ronnie Brown pick was really what killed Nick Saban during his tenure here. You can get solid RB's anywhere in the draft really. To draft one in the top 5 and not have them become a top 2 or 3 RB in football really sets you back.
yeah. we could've had rogers AND Frank gore.

Richardson I think was worth a top 5 talent wise. The dumb thing was trading up one spot for him when nobody else was looking to move up for him. Ingram I thought would be better than he has so far due to his receiving ability but it hasn't happened.

RBs are kind of funny. There are quite a few RBs out there that you'd think were gonna be good pro RBs in the pros haven't done that yet.
runningbacks gotta have the vision before anything else. without it... they tend to plow aheadinto the back of linemen and can't anticpate where the hole is going to be. they have to see the hole before they hit it, and in the nfl the hole opens and closes so quickly that if you don't have a feel for it, you'll miss your chance.

Bob griffin won Roy!? Yawn!

Lets hear it for the social engineering that follows he & every other African American QB except Doug Williams & Warren Moon. pfffffffffft!

Back
Top Bottom