LB Andrew Van Ginkel will practice today, | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB Andrew Van Ginkel will practice today,

I don't really get the excitement over this guy. I hope he does well, as I do for all Dolphin players, but some project/hype him to be a "game changer" type player.

He was a late round project/ flyer that showed flashes, at times, in college, and ended up hurt before the season.

Nothing more, nothing less, IMO.

I don't really get the excitement over this guy. I hope he does well, as I do for all Dolphin players, but some project/hype him to be a "game changer" type player.

He was a late round project/ flyer that showed flashes, at times, in college, and ended up hurt before the season.

I for one don't expect an all pro type of player but want to see what this staff can do with him. We were not expecting anything from Beigel and yet he's doing well and this guy seems at least a bit similar so we'll see what we have. I'm expecting more next year from him. Right now by the time he gets out there he'd have missed so much time is hard to expect a lot but it's nice to get him going.

Truth is some folks in these parts are still catching on to the nude
sheriff in town! She's damn sexy and the babe can flat out make

positive mojo happen out of thin air! Yep. We're talkin' 'bout that
mysterious lady we all want on our side! The woman with the

tight fitting black dress and those voluptuous curves of mid
night! In case you don't know her name -- it's Lady Luck!

And she's planning on many a sexy years in Dolphins' land!
Just so you know -- her presence is the result of excellent

planning and preparation with the secret alchemy of
Mister Grier & Mister Flores!

Fear the Grier!
Glory to Flores!

:lol:

I've said for year most people underestimate luck. There is some luck in getting the right HC which is why MANY bottom teams churn through HCs and why teams churn through QBs. Don't read something I'm not saying - yes, proper evaluation counts. Yes, checking out metrics counts. BUT, draft hx shows 'can't misses' miss and low draft picks become starters. Getting a top HC AND a top HC is a good recipe for continuing success.

AVG showed some potential in PS - enough to encourage fans. He appears to be in a system to get him to potential. I hope he's back for a few games so fans can see what he has

I for one don't expect an all pro type of player but want to see what this staff can do with him. We were not expecting anything from Beigel and yet he's doing well and this guy seems at least a bit similar so we'll see what we have. I'm expecting more next year from him. Right now by the time he gets out there he'd have missed so much time is hard to expect a lot but it's nice to get him going.

Agree to an extent, but it depends on what to "expect." I don't think anyone "expects" to see a finished product by game 16. I do think it's reasonable to see progress between his 1st game back and game 16. TO me, 1st hurdle is getting on and excelling on PS. Then getting snaps in rotation and then increased snaps in rotation. If he can get all those, he's a find. If he does nothing more than become a PS start, he's a find. I doubt he'll reach potential this season

Fair enough but there were consensus reports that he seemed to grasp things very well conceptually and has excellent instincts to get to the ball. You definitely want to see him on the field to get a sense of what you have.

Fair enough but there were consensus reports that he seemed to grasp things very well conceptually and has excellent instincts to get to the ball. You definitely want to see him on the field to get a sense of what you have.
I don't have any problem with getting him on the field, to see what the possibilities are.

You are correct, in that he had the intelligence/intangibles to be a good "scheme fit", but even so, most so called "experts" saw him as a situational player in the short term, with the possibility of developing into something more.

I just don't think it is reasonable to expect, or likely that he makes any immediate big impact

"Wide receiver Ricardo Louis was placed on IR before the roster cuts to 53 players, which meant he was not ineligible to return for the Dolphins this season. "

Does that mean Louis can play for Miami this season, or is this just more stellar writing from Poopart?
If you go on IR before the cut to 53 you're not eligible to return.

I don't have any problem with getting him on the field, to see what the possibilities are.

You are correct, in that he had the intelligence/intangibles to be a good "scheme fit", but even so, most so called "experts" saw him as a situational player in the short term, with the possibility of developing into something more.

I just don't think it is reasonable to expect, or likely that he makes any immediate big impact

That's about what to expect from a low round pick. He MAY light it up, but more than likely it will take 2-3 yeas

Both Van Ginkel and the FB Cox were dark horse canidates in this draft in that it was hard to find much draft material on either one. Its going to be interesting to see how they develop. Our college free agents appeared more exciting and really are performing as well. It would be interesting to really know who picked who in this draft.

He's an excellent coverage LB, which is a requirement in Flo's system. He's also had some success getting pressure on the QB, with 12 sacks in his last two yrs at WIsc. IMO he and Biegel are very similar players, just needs reps

You are wrong bub Van Ginkel was slowed by a ankle injury much of his last season in college. So yes I did my research. You can check it out on page 70 of the Lindys Sports Pro Football Draft guide. Sorry to rain on the parade but thats the facts with this dude at this point.

You said injury prone. Football players frequently play with injuries or get banged up, it's a part of football.

Being injury prone means he frequently misses games because of injuries.

In two seasons with Wisconsin, he played in 27 games. Prior to Wisconsin, he played in 22 games.

A player who has played in 49 collegiate games is NOT INJURY PRONE.

He played in EVERY SINGLE GAME OF HIS WISCONSIN CAREER.

You said injury prone. Football players frequently play with injuries or get banged up, it's a part of football.

Being injury prone means he frequently misses games because of injuries.

In two seasons with Wisconsin, he played in 27 games. Prior to Wisconsin, he played in 22 games.

A player who has played in 49 collegiate games is NOT INJURY PRONE.

He played in EVERY SINGLE GAME OF HIS WISCONSIN CAREER.
I wonder if he thinks Tua is injury prone too with his ankle issue

Back
Top Bottom