Lets assume everything goes as planned: what do we do with the two 1st rounders? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets assume everything goes as planned: what do we do with the two 1st rounders?

If Armstead's health becomes a concern, perhaps Miami looks at LT?
I never understood the Armstead signing in that it doesn't protect his blind side? Wouldn't a right tackle be more important with a lefty?

I'm not saying it isn't a huge upgrade to the line, but confuses me.

Olineman and if there is an elite type rb I'm all for it. But if not maybe cb or safety opposite Holland.

Hmmm. I'd say that I'd like to focus on a LT/RT to eventually replace Armstead, an RB that can be our top guy, and an LB that can do everything our scheme needs to be successful.

If everything goes to plan... everything... then I'm going to go... DE, Edge LB.

Why?

Go down the list of premium positions in the NFL.

1) QB (check).

2) OT (check and one of them is young).

3) CB (check because part of 'everything going right' is the advancement of Iggy and Trill. If they keep looking good, we won't have to expend a premium pick on a CB).

4) DE(DT) (not checked... Igram is a rental, Seiler is 29 and a Free agent in 2024, Ogbah is 30 in 2023 and 15M/year. Yes, they are good now, but they won't be here for long.)

5) Edge LB (Van Ginkle is likely gone after this year. Yes... Phillips, but you need more than one.

6) WR (so checked)

These are about the only positions that I would ever take in the first round... maybe a great Center... but Williams.

But heading down...
RB- Only fools and knuckleheads draft RBs early
G- too early and we have a lot of Guards
TE- maybe for a star, but we are deep here.
Interior DL- Wilkins and Davis both young
S- We are sooo blessed here.

So, I'm going for a player with Ogbah's skill set, and one with Phillips' skill set. You look for stars with these #1 picks, there will be a dozen RBs in the second round.

very hard to tell at this time. Some players will get better and some might start to decline.......you're not sure at this point what your needs are going to be or who the top players on the board will be......I always like to look ahead to the draft but right now I'm looking forward to our first pre season game.

Well, if the Dolphins make the playoffs I'd have to guess that Tua had a strong season. So, in this scenario we can strike quarterback off the list.

At this early point, I'd be tempted to use both picks to trade up for a defensive star like Anderson. You can never have enough pass rushers. But, I haven't delved into the draft much.

If you can trade both 1s for will Anderson do it.

Don’t think twice. If you got the team come 2023 draft where you can make an all my cards on the table move to take your roster over the top will Anderson is an ideal prize.

You could trade van ginkel and will Anderson would be a massive upgrade in a similar role

Running back all the way. Its been a long time since we've had a true rb1.

Raheem Mostert and Chase Edmonds look like a pretty damn good tandem on paper. A faster version of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown.

What about Parsons?
I honestly think that he’s currently overrated. He may live up to the hype eventually, but I honestly feel like his stats were padded by the scheme. Time will tell.

I would like to go defense or OL. Honestly, anywhere on D. I would love that Safety Antonio Johnson early with SF’s pick. But CB, LB, Edge all work on D. Even though LB depth is our second biggest need.

I would consider Bijan late in one. But an OL would probably be better for depth. But that depends on how on my boy Blaise does. Lol

Back
Top Bottom