Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle

Dlockz......like I said, whatever.

I really don't have the time or the inclination to get into this. Clearly with your little "did Bill tell you this through your insider in his organisation" it would be best if you just put me on ignore so you wouldn't have to read my rubbish.

Dlockz......like I said, whatever.

I really don't have the time or the inclination to get into this. Clearly with your little "did Bill tell you this through your insider in his organisation" it would be best if you just put me on ignore so you wouldn't have to read my rubbish.

I find it quite convenient to use time or inclination anytime someone disagrees with you. I just asked you to back up your claims. You could be very well be right. You have quite a tendency to dimiss things other people say but if anyone disagrees with you, how dare they not just leave it as you say.

I will not put you on ignore because I have no problem with you saying anything on this site. I enjoy reading and replying to your posts and always hope for positive dialogue, you just don't accept people disageeing with you very well. People tell me I dont have a clue all the time on this board or that I am negative but I am definately right much more than wrong. UNPopular takes are sometimes mistaken for bad takes. Just some examples.

1-Trading for Trent Green is a bad idea and we will be cutting him next year.
Got killed for it but came quite true

2-Drafting a Joe Toledo an always injured college player made no sense
Well he just got cut.

3. Alabi is never going to do anything for us, just got cut
4.David Martin is nothing more than a journeyman TE that will not be good
Well he proved himself once again last year.
5.Cory Sledge was quite an overrated signing and may be this year's Fred Beasly.
6. Predicted we would go 5-11 or worse but of course I was being negative.

Not saying Im a guru but just showing because people slam what you say on the board it makes it no less accurate.

You rolled your eyes talking about my wright statement and I gave you a little of your own medicine about Belichek and I have somehow offended you
Noone knows it all so get ove it. I want you to set me straight If I'm wrong but because you say I'm wrong is not enough. I'm not trying to give you a hard time just having a debate on something you feel to be a fact. I personally dont see anything wrong with that. I thought the reason people went to message boards was to exchange and debate ideas. So if you want to put me on ignore fine but I look forward to any input you or anybody else has on this board although who knows I may get banned for daring to disagree with you.

Also have never called anything you have wrote rubbish, I respect your opinion just dont always agree.

I find it quite convenient to use time or inclination anytime someone disagrees with you. I just asked you to back up your claims. You could be very well be right. You have quite a tendency to dimiss things other people say but if anyone disagrees with you, how dare they not just leave it as you say.

I will not put you on ignore because I have no problem with you saying anything on this site. I enjoy reading and replying to your posts and always hope for positive dialogue, you just don't accept people disageeing with you very well. People tell me I dont have a clue all the time on this board or that I am negative but I am definately right much more than wrong. UNPopular takes are sometimes mistaken for bad takes. Just some examples.

1-Trading for Trent Green is a bad idea and we will be cutting him next year.
Got killed for it but came quite true

2-Drafting a Joe Toledo an always injured college player made no sense
Well he just got cut.

3. Alabi is never going to do anything for us, just got cut
4.David Martin is nothing more than a journeyman TE that will not be good
Well he proved himself once again last year.
5.Cory Sledge was quite an overrated signing and may be this year's Fred Beasly.
6. Predicted we would go 5-11 or worse but of course I was being negative.

Not saying Im a guru but just showing because people slam what you say on the board it makes it no less accurate.

You rolled your eyes talking about my wright statement and I gave you a little of your own medicine about Belichek and I have somehow offended you
Noone knows it all so get ove it. I want you to set me straight If I'm wrong but because you say I'm wrong is not enough. I'm not trying to give you a hard time just having a debate on something you feel to be a fact. I personally dont see anything wrong with that. I thought the reason people went to message boards was to exchange and debate ideas. So if you want to put me on ignore fine but I look forward to any input you or anybody else has on this board although who knows I may get banned for daring to disagree with you.

You haven't offended me in any way, shape or form. Fact of the matter is, it's 11.10pm, I've been up since 4.25am and I genuinely haven't got the time or the inclination to look for it.

Tis all.

I'm sorry you took it the wrong way.

But whilst I'm sitting here, Adam Schefter said on NFL Network's draft coverage that Ginn was the guy that Houston were set to take. If memory serves me, Kubiak either confirmed or didn't deny in a press conference with local press.

As for Carey, Belichick later denied that they wanted Carey, but at the time said he was who they were targeting, a fact confirmed by Mike Tice.

I WILL dig out the quotes, etc. but you may have to wait till Tuesday when I'm back at work and can use the resources there in terms of searching cuttings.

You haven't offended me in any way, shape or form. Fact of the matter is, it's 11.10pm, I've been up since 4.25am and I genuinely haven't got the time or the inclination to look for it.

Tis all.

I'm sorry you took it the wrong way.

Its all good. Now whats your take on that Bud Light a previous poster just handed you. Do you find it quite overrated with a slow forty time.

too much gullibility around here - like scott pioli reads this site for insight..., real nice... :rolleyes:

Of course Jake Long is a left tackle....he may not be a perfect left tackle...or one that some fans want...but he is what he is...a left tackle.

2007: Finished second in the voting for the Lombardi Award and Outland Trophy…Unanimous All-Big Ten Conference first-team pick and named the league's Offensive Lineman of the Year for the second-straight season…Added Academic All-Big Ten Conference honors… Hugh R. Rader Jr. Memorial Award recipient as Michigan's top offensive lineman and received the Mike Gittleson Award, given to the U-M player who exhibits a resolute work ethic and commitment to preparing for the game...Served as team captain for the second consecutive campaign, starting all thirteen games at left offensive tackle…Helped the team average 385.1 yards per game…The Wolverines amassed 1,251 of their 2,144 yards on the ground over Long's left tackle position, as he registered 119 knockdowns, including 18 touchdown-resulting blocks…Allowed only one quarterback sack on 423 pass plays and was penalized just once, finishing with an 87.85% grade for blocking consistency…Also recorded one solo tackle. All-American, started all 13 games at left tackle in '06. Missed time w/ankle injury. Played in final five games and started four games at left tackle in '05. All-Big Ten second team in '04. Did not see game action in '03.

Its all good. Now whats your take on that Bud Light a previous poster just handed you. Do you find it quite overrated with a slow forty time.
was that comment really necessary ?

was that comment really necessary ?

I made a joke about beer because Boomer lives in England, If you have ever been to Europe you would know they are quite fond of thier beer. Why was my comment such a problem. I think we were fairly civil in our disagreement but fail to see why you have a problem with that very irrelevant comment. Some people are way too sensitive and look for way more than is there with that comment. Or maybe you were joking so if so I apologize but I dont think you were joking. Please explain to me what was so bad about my comment.

I made a joke about beer because Boomer lives in England, If you have ever been to Europe you would know they are quite fond of thier beer. Why was my comment such a problem. I think we were fairly civil in our disagreement but fail to see why you have a problem with that very irrelevant comment. Some people are way too sensitive and look for way more than is there with that comment. Or maybe you were joking so if so I apologize but I dont think you were joking. Please explain to me what was so bad about my comment.
the "do you find it overrated and has a slow 40 time" seemed spiteful to me. I probably just took it the wrong way.

the "do you find it overrated and has a slow 40 time" seemed spiteful to me. I probably just took it the wrong way.

wow, would never had imagined that comment would be took that way.
I have no spite for anyone on this board. I revel in discussion and have very strong opinions that I try to support. I have no reason to be spiteful to Boomer just because we has a little back and forth.

What mock draft did I dismiss. The only mocks that showed Carey were the ones that I showed. I said clearly you might have some boards that had Carey going higher but the vast majority of mocks had him as a late first round to high second round pick. What mock did I dismiss and my opinion was not just based on mocks I was just showing an example. Nobody showed any proof of how teams had these guys rated. Minnesota admitted that they bamboozled us into trading up and no other team confirmed that they was going to trade up and get him. NE was not going to choose him over Vince Wilfork for sure. Shane Andrews had just went off the board and we somewhat overdrafted Carey because our GM went into panic mode. When it comes to the term reach its somewhat speculative, we needed a lineman and we took him slightly early. Much like this year with Ginn, nobody had Ginn rated to go this high but he was the next best player on offense that was not a running back so thats who we took since we liked him better than Quinn. Carey was very highly touted coming out of high school and somewhat less highly touted coming out of college. I love some on this board we disagree and no facts are shown that disprove me but my take gets attacked without any proof that I am incorrect. Not one draft source that I checked that year had Carey going that high. Sometimes players go higher when teams draft by need rather than BPA and that year we went by need. Most people thought we reached somehwhat on Ginn this year and almost no mock from any reputable source had him going this high. As for Houston picking him, its possible but I dont really buy it being that they had a great special teams player already and had much greater needs than WR. I'm pretty sure if Okaye is there and Ginn is there they still take Okaye. If you disagree with me fine but to bash my take is baseless especially the comment about me be duplicitous and thats par for the course for me. I tryed to support my argument and I get attacked for it, now thats funny. I never once attacked anyone's opinion, I only disagreed with it. Just because an opinion is not as popular on our board as others make it no less accurate or viable. Scott Wright and Mel Kiper as well as the majority of so called gurus had him rated to be drafted late first or early second.

No, they don't

In his heart of hearts, Kubiak might have hoped the Texans would be in a position to snatch an offensive dynamo, but with Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Ted Ginn Jr. all off the board by the time the Texans chose, it was easy to pull the trigger on Okoye, a player who reminds Kubiak of someone in his past.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3316

BACK TO JAKE:

he is a beast up front, he is a beast down field into the linebackers. he is possibly as locked to a target i have seen a lineman in a long long time, you do not see many shedding him. on the negative, he is not going to be good against speed rushers at all. watching him struggle to the outside ever so consistantly, think of the game speed and rushers he'd face in the NFL, it is even faster. Jake will struggle to the outside, as well as moves to his left when he's already in motion to the right.... but he will be a great tackle in the NFL all in all (especially run). just be ready when he lets up some sacks and a good amount of pressure.

Back
Top Bottom