Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle

I think Long is a great pick not sure I like him over Dorsey but just not sure why anybody thinks he is not a good left tackle prospect. How do people assume Carey is such a good fit for left tackle but let Long is not. I think I would take Jake Long over Chris Long but doesn't matter who I would take, I hope we trade down.

ppl think carey is a good lt and long isnt b/c carey IS on our team and OUR fans are the biggets homers IVE met in my life. This fanbase doestn believe in facts or reality only waht they want to believe in.

Scott wright is just as informed as anyone and he did not call it. I am not going to think that one source has so much more knowledge than anyone else. No one on this board is getting info from the teams, its all hearsay for the most part. The insider could have got info that Houston was taking Ginn, maybe it was a smokescreen maybe its true. None of us know that for a fact.
How come so many sources that that Quinn was our pick, many of those claimed inside info. None of these draft gurus have very much privy to any of the team info, just speculation possibly based on some accounts. Why would Adam Shefter's be the person that has that info over anyone else. THe draft is all about deception and anybody that has a say in drafting is not giving out that info, thats playing with thier job. Yes a team may show great interest in a player and that is differant. Sorry if I dont believe that Houston was going to take Ginn just because Boomer and other people had sources or feelings. That does not make it true. How many times have so called sources pointed to the wrong player?Hell even if Houston was going to take Ginn that just means that two teams wanted to take him too early. We all including yourself tend to use the facts or opinions that seem to support our own arguement. No proof has been presented by you or anybody else but people want to say I'm wrong. Like I said Scott Wright won awards in 2004 for how accurate his mock was but I still dont take everything he says as gospel.
no need to get testy, was just telling you people didn't make it up. The main insider for the NFl network who is considered by many to be the best said that houston was going to pick ginn at 10.

no need to get testy, was just telling you people didn't make it up. The main insider for the NFl network who is considered by many to be the best said that houston was going to pick ginn at 10.

was not getting testy just dont buy that Houston wanted Ginn so bad. I respect Shefter but dont think he or anyone had any info from the Texans were taking Ginn. How many times have these guys been wrong, correct quite a bit. Just his educated speculation. We will never know the truth unless some GM does something that no other GM has.

If Ginn was projected to go within the first 15 picks, just outside of the 10, and we took him at 9 and Houston was going to select him at 10, tell me how we reached.

We will never know what Houston would have or wouldn't have done...and anyone thats say's they know for sure...is a flat out liar. Considering the fools we had selecting...it's no wonder they choose Ginn and family over Willis...sadly thats the truth.

well I for one, am happy with the ginn selection.

If we can get guys to quit holding on kickoffs, he would have put up anther two or three td's last year.

Give him time to further develope at WR, and in the end I think most will agree it was a good selection.

Being in the know as much as you are supposed to be, I know you remember that report was false and Minny just bluffed us out of a pick. There was no attempt to move up by NE. In fact NE basically ignored oline in that draft so if they wanted a lineman so bad, wouldn't they have drafted one. Thier first 4 picks were defense and there were some solid oline prospects they could have drafted. I think people that think that NE was so set on Carey just base that on Minnesota's bluff because its fairly strange of a team that needs oline help to totally bypass it in draft just because one player goes off the board. They could have drafted Max Starks, Travelle Wharton Sean locklear, Jacob Bell or Rex Hadnot. There is not one shred of evidence that NE was interested in Carey, not that we could produce evidence on anything on this board but I do find it strange that a team would look OL in the first and ignore thereafter.

Quite apart from the fact that Bill Belichick came out and said that Carey was who they were trading up for.

Or did he just say that to make Wanny feel better?

There is no proof or good evidence that Houston was going to take Ginn. Everybody thought we were taking Quinn and we know how that turned out.
Im not sure why Houston would have been looking so hard at Ginn when they had much bigger needs. They definately had no need at that point for a returnman. I truly believe that if we had taken Quinn that Houston would have still taken Okaye and have seen no evidence to the contrary. Just because someone says something on this board does not make it a fact, just thier take. I'm open to any facts being presented but its just my opinion against thiers with the exception the NE trade rumor which was admitted by Minny as a bluff.Wilford was a better prospect to most people. I guarantee that Boomer had him rated as a better prospect than carey. Besides our front office I dont think you could find one place where wilfork was rated lower than Carey.

Again - and I'm sorry - but Kubiak ALSO stated that Ginn was the guy that they were going to take.

No Dlockz is right..........Scott Wright who runs a free website is as knowledgeable as Adam Schefter. :rolleyes2:

We will never know what Houston would have or wouldn't have done...and anyone thats say's they know for sure...is a flat out liar. Considering the fools we had selecting...it's no wonder they choose Ginn and family over Willis...sadly thats the truth.

Yep. Because Kubiak and Schefter are flat out liars.

And I suppose that would make me one as well, no?

And this RUBBISH about the "Ginn family" is the most pathetic crap I've heard rolled out in posts. It's just lazy. It's pretty obvious that what Cameron meant was that he knew the kid, he knew how he'd work, he knew that if he wanted him to work out in Miami in the off-season, that respect that he has for Cameron and that Ginn's father had for Cameron would mean that he'd be working out in Miami and not Cleveland. If he wanted that extra 5/10% from him, then the familial relationship could be used to his advantage .

Did Cameron convey that in the best possible way in the press conference? Probably not, but keep rolling out this nonsense if it makes you happy.

No Dlockz is right..........Scott Wright who runs a free website is as knowledgeable as Adam Schefter. :rolleyes2:

Just because you make cute smileys in a response does not make it right.
I will definately put up Scott Wrights knowledge of the players and draft up against Adam Schefter. Adam shefter has reported quite a bit of stuff that has turned out to be quite inaccurate.
1. Bill Parcells is remaining coach in Dallas Jan of 2007
2.That Art Shell had any chance to be coach of the Chargers last year
3.Ashy lelie to Tampa
4.No body will be interested in TO after his Philly meltdown

Schefter is much like Chris Mort, he has alot of info but he also just puts alot of stuff out there. If you or anybody else want to take every word of his as nothing but the truth thats fine but no team is going around talking about the players they missed on. If someone wants to show evidence to the contrary fine.

How is Wright running a free website a reason to knock his draft info? Should I believe you know nothing of players since as far as I know you dont have a draft website. His website is far from amateur. I was not implying that Wright had the so called insider info that Shefter has I was speaking of draft knowledege.

Just because you make cute smileys in a response does not make it right.
I will definately put up Scott Wrights knowledge of the players and draft up against Adam Schefter. Adam shefter has reported quite a bit of stuff that has turned out to be quite inaccurate.
1. Bill Parcells is remaining coach in Dallas Jan of 2007
2.That Art Shell had any chance to be coach of the Chargers last year
3.Ashy lelie to Tampa
4.No body will be interested in TO after his Philly meltdown

Schefter is much like Chris Mort, he has alot of info but he also just puts alot of stuff out there. If you or anybody else want to take every word of his as nothing but the truth thats fine but no team is going around talking about the players they missed on. If someone wants to show evidence to the contrary fine.

OK, if you insist.

Yep. Because Kubiak and Schefter are flat out liars.

And I suppose that would make me one as well, no?

And this RUBBISH about the "Ginn family" is the most pathetic crap I've heard rolled out in posts. It's just lazy. It's pretty obvious that what Cameron meant was that he knew the kid, he knew how he'd work, he knew that if he wanted him to work out in Miami in the off-season, that respect that he has for Cameron and that Ginn's father had for Cameron would mean that he'd be working out in Miami and not Cleveland. If he wanted that extra 5/10% from him, then the familial relationship could be used to his advantage .

Did Cameron convey that in the best possible way in the press conference? Probably not, but keep rolling out this nonsense if it makes you happy.

Please give any quote where Kubiak said he was taking Ginn over Okaye.
Not saying he never said it but just dont hear many coaches say we wanted Ginn but took Okaye. As for Shefter lying, his sources could be wrong or just saying what they thought. A year after the draft we have no clue on any players we have missed on over the year or who we would have taken if they were gone for the most part except Trent Edwards last year.

Quite apart from the fact that Bill Belichick came out and said that Carey was who they were trading up for.

Or did he just say that to make Wanny feel better?

When did Bill say this. If Minnesota admitted they bluffed us then there was no trade proposed from NE. If NE was trying to trade up then we were not bluffed. Im sure Bill said yea we wanted to trade up for Carey instead of Wilfork lol. I would love to see or hear any quote from Belichichek on this.
Although I do understand it might be hard to prove. Did Bill tell you this through your insider in his organization.:)

Again - and I'm sorry - but Kubiak ALSO stated that Ginn was the guy that they were going to take.

do you have a source for that or is Adam Shefters inside source in Houston the coach. He is really a deep insider.

Back
Top Bottom