Merged: Antonio Cromartie | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Cromartie

we'll see, he's not my first pick at 16. I'd go with Jay Cutler, Michael Huff, Ahmad Brooks before him

One word- No

He is good but we dont need a corner, Will Poole will be back, Travis Daniels will be back

Huff can play saftey which is a far bigger need than Corner is especially if schulters isnt resigned

Pocoloco said:
we'll see, he's not my first pick at 16. I'd go with Jay Cutler, Michael Huff, Ahmad Brooks before him

I'm not sure Brooks has declared, and if he does, he's the only one of the 3 you mentioned that I would definitely take before Cromartie.

But not Huff or Cutler, the first likely being gone by our pick, the second likely going in the 2nd round.

Alex22 said:
One word- No

He is good but we dont need a corner, Will Poole will be back, Travis Daniels will be back

Huff can play saftey which is a far bigger need than Corner is especially if schulters isnt resigned

I think the corners you cited are tiers below Cromartie is, but that's not why I'm calling you out.

I had no idea that Omar Jacobs #'s were that outstanding. 71/11!!!!!?!?!??!??!!

I can't believe that.

Is he a first rounder?

South Florida said:
I think the corners you cited are tiers below Cromartie is, but that's not why I'm calling you out.

I had no idea that Omar Jacobs #'s were that outstanding. 71/11!!!!!?!?!??!??!!

I can't believe that.

Is he a first rounder?

2nd round probally for Jacobs

Depending how well he does at the combine

He's more of a project than the other QB's and doesnt play for as big a school but he's every bit as talented

Alex22 said:
One word- No

How do we know what Poole will play like back from a season ending injury? To me he is a big question mark...
Travis Daniel was ok... we need more depth a CB....

Eric-Honduras said:
How do we know what Poole will play like back from a season ending injury? To me he is a big question mark...
Travis Daniel was ok... we need more depth a CB....

we dont need a corner in the first. we can get one later like Travis but we dont need one from the jump, if Huff is there yes and by the wa huff is a corner

No way Cromartie goes in 1. But I agree that if he is there in the 3rd round, then he is an attractive option. And with his size and 4.53 speed, he can shift to safety. With LaRon Landry coming out and Ko Simpson too, that safety field is getting stronger and stronger

We need a CB. I hate when people say we dont need a CB or safety. Travis daniels did good as a 4th round rookie but he is not what we need in our team permantly. we need a shutdown corner that can tackle. Antonio Cromartie is a great CB. If he does not make it at CB he will definatley make it at FS. The guy is 6'2'' and over 200 lbs. He runs a 4.4. You cannot beat that. Huff is good but not as impressive as Cromartie. The only guy you take ahead of Cromartie is Cutler (QB). But please do not say we do not need a CB. Just cause we had 6 wins do not over hype our CB. Daniels was solid but he got beat plenty of times. He will improve but Cromartie is just a much better fit for us plus a better athlete.
Our secondary was in the bottom half of the league against the Pass.
Do not try to hide our weaknesses to our 6 game win streak.

Kelly Jennings will be around in the 3rd round so ill pass on Cromartie in the 1st round.

I know his measurables are great and rare but in our division I really don't see the point of concentrating on getting either Williams and Cromartie simply because of their height and speed.
Sure height is good but no starting receiver in our division is over 6-2 and that is Justin McAreins(sp), but we already have Travis Daniels who is nearly 6-2.

South Florida said:
If this kid is available @ 16, we should definitely snag him up.

How many 6'3 corners are there @ over 210 pounds?

This year there are two and both would surely be gone in the top 10 had one not been injured.

Both Williams and Cromartie are freaks and since we're not picking in the top 7, and don't have a shot at Jimmy Williams, we should certainly pull the trigger on Cromartie if he's available when we choose.

Seriously, Michael Huff is sweet and all, but c'mon. You can't deny the every down advantage you get with a 6'3 talented burner.

1. How many players will be available at #16 without a major knee injury this past season? A lot.
2. How in the world is Cromartie an "every down advantage" and Huff isn't?
3. Jimmy Williams is not a lock to go in the top 7. A lot can change in the next 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom