Votes: 182 37.8%
  • Meh...

Votes: 100 20.7%
  • Dislike

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • Hate Them

Votes: 31 6.4%

• Total voters
If you can get 67% of people to like something that is supposed to be artistic, I think they did a good job. Only 12% don't like it at all and that is a surprisingly low number for something as drastic as a logo/uniform change. I look at the "meh" people as being on the fence of liking it and not, so by FinHeaven's unscientific poll, the uniform change was a success.

Considering the same exact people hating on it keep saying they hate the logo might skew the overall perception of it as well.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

well you forgot all the people who don't vote in those dumb polls...just sayin

So it's better to comment on the dumb polls instead?

Regardless of the uniform, that helmet is sexy. The white on white is sexy as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Truth be told though, this new logo and uniform process has been botched big time by the organization.

The constant leaks, delays, and misinformation have truly put a damper on what could have been a stellar unveiling (if done right). As it is, it's merely just a change for change sake without actually announcing the change in a cohesive manner.

I actually like the new uniforms but I agree with this wholeheartedly. 'Botched' is absolutely the first word that comes to mind with respect to the whole process here in terms of how they've gone about the announcements, unveiling, and response to leaks.

Obviously this doesn't help the logo, but I just did a couple of little tweaks in photoshop on the all white uni, to show how more orange and a couple of accents like stripes on the socks could have made this design so much more impactful.
8677281617_5d06d82a8d-1.jpg

Ya man, the new uni's have little-to-no accents. They come off extremely two-tone.

I like what you did with yours, even though I still think the orange they decided on (what little of it the uni's feature) is too pale almost "peach". It needs more pop. That's what I love about the Seahawks uni's, that neon green just carries it.

This is a lazy version I just made, but that's the orange I kind've wanted to see.

AwWKmKA-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that they aren't flashy. I like the clean look a lot. def better than the jags

if we had orange striped sleeves these jerseys would be 100x cleaner. the logo on the jersey plus the helmet is a bit much for me, always has been.

I think they look like dull practice jerseys. But that's what all the recent Nike designs have reminded me of, something you might wear if you were scrimmaging in the mud.

These jerseys are like a long forced carry on a par 3, and you don't want to use a new Titleist. Grab a beat up Top Flite out of the bag. If you lose it, so what?

That's the attitude these uniforms represent. We need to change something. We're Ross and Dee. The quality or concept don't really matter. Fans are going to embrace change regardless, as long as it's our change.

Vikings win by open lengths, Dolphins struggle around the turn, further back than previously, while Jacksonville gets left in the gate, a true victim of Nike.

They won't be the last.

SkapePhin got it right...the old design would have been preferable in combo with the new colors. Somehow the organization managed to negate the improved aqua with needless changes like eliminating the stripes on the sleeves. That in itself provides the feel of a cheap practice jersey.

At least the positioning of the dolphin on the helmet is the most tolerable they could have made it, given the ridiculous motion sickness backward slant, the spit of toothpaste approach. Instead of tilting the head severely upward, as some versions have had it, it's mostly parallel, with the nose angled slightly downward. That was a nice save. I can almost guarantee it was a late change, after the organization heard comments. The angle on the helmet doesn't even match what has already been printed on shirts and hats, not to mention the logos used on the television networks, where our dolphin is poking upwardly at anyone who shares the screen with him to the right. It's quite amusing on NFL Network.

good lord you overthought this its a t shirt.

I like the streamlined new look. It looks fast and aggressive.

good lord you overthought this its a t shirt.

The franchise didn't do enough clear thinking, which was predictable. There's no question the angle of the dolphin differs from place to place. It's severely tilted upward on the hats and shirts, while closer to horizontal on the helmet and at midfield. That tells me they were scrambling at the last minute, once they realized they didn't match the league, or any version of common sense, with the backwards motion sickness logo.

I'm not sure they ever considered the application to the helmet, and needing to fit the curvature, as opposed to merely tinkering with a design smack in front of their face. This regime is more than capable of a gaffe like that.

Whether you like the new unis or not, the thing that is pissing me off the most is the constant LEAKS. Why can't they get a RELEASE right?? Just ONE. Logo? Nope. Helmet? Nope. Unis? Nope. Release SOMETHING so you can portray it just the way you want. There are always these questions - why doesn't the aqua look aqua? Why does the orange trim look yellow? None of this would be an issue if they weren't taken by crappy cell phones in crappy light by people who aren't supposed to be taking those photos.

They're not dictating the release. The leaks are. It's like playing defensively, but in business. Just awful.

it's pretty funny that they changed the angle of the dolphin for the helmet, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Back
Top Bottom