(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he doesn't read FH and say screw that, those fans are nuts.

he'd say this if he read any team's message board.

Colts aren't going to finish with the worst record. they have a solid defense and Painter looks like he'll get better as the season progresses.
KC looks pretty bad, but they did just beat Minnesota, another 0-4 team.
the Jags and Rams both look incredibly atrocious, but they already have a ton of money invested into young QB's. same with the Vikes, but they'd be morons to pass on Luck for Christian Ponder.
Denver looks bad, and Tebow is utterly terrible, so i'd assume they'd take Luck over him.

right now, we're right there with all the terrible teams. and injuries aren't helping anything.

The No. 1 overall pick and a new coach go hand in hand. Luck wouldn't turn us down with a new coach that has a good reputation. Anyways, if Luck were to refuse to play for us after we drafted him (like Manning or Elway), then tough **** for him because he's not getting traded or paid. He can sit at home until his rights expire, and then we get awarded a new pick by the NFL.

Luck will weigh his options and one would be "do i want to immediately step into the shadow of Peyton Manning?"
He knows he is going to a bad team, that is how the draft works. With new coaches (maybe even a big name coach like Cowher or Gruden) and no recent star player's shadow hanging around i think he'd rather play in Miami. If it ends up being Gruden, he is a QB kind of guy and could surely get Luck excited about playing for him. Minnesota has Ponder from last year's draft and the Rams have Bradford. That leaves us. I don't wish the pain of a terrible season on me OR my team, but a "can't miss prospect" would rally our fan base and we need that pretty badly.

Who wouldn't want to be Peyton's grasshopper for a few years... or developed under the watchful eye of one of the greatest QBs of all time who now happens to run the Broncos? Work under John Gruden as an example? Here's a guy who never developed a young QB and thought so much of a journeyman Brian Griese that he let Aaron Rodgers go by. Not to mention there's a lot of "Fail" sandwiched between his joint Gruden-Dungy TB glory days and now.

Now Cowher, that's another story. He left a winner at the top of his game and demonstrated he understands young phenoms, exploiting rookie Big Ben's strengths all the way to the SB. That's a different story.

Steve Ross vs Pat Bowlen? vs. Bill Polian and the Irsays? Really.

In other words, when the smoke clears, the devil is in the details. Just ask U of Miss phenom Archie Manning how his career worked out in NO

you lose this front office and luck will come here...you keep these clowns and you may have a situation on your hands...either way YOU STILL draft luck

and mike and mike who gives a damn what they think...

Yeah I'm drafting Luck no matter what. If he doesn't want to play for the Dolphins then he won't play or we trade him for multiple first round picks, etc.

If he declares for the Draft there's no going back to college to play another year...he's either all in or nothing. I'm also sure that when he does declare he'll know exactly where he's going...whoever has the #1 pick. Eli was a senior, he didn't have the option of going back and the biggest reason he wanted to go to New York is because his father didn't want him in the same conference with Peyton...he was dreaming of a Manning super bowl where the two brothers faced off against each other.

What's funny here is that Mike and Mike bring up two guys, Elway and Eli Manning out of about 20 QBs who have been taken #1 overall and neither Eli or Elway had the choice to go back to school. Believe me, if Luck declares it means he's perfectly fine going to whatever team has the #1 pick.

the way people talk on here about luck not wanting to come here, you would think we have been the worst franchise in nfl history throughout our time. have we stunk the past decade? sure. but in general, we are a franchise who has lots of history, lots of good history, and are one of the better ones overall. Now obviously if we kept this front office in tack., then thats another story. However, if we finish with the first overall pick, their is zero chance sparano and even ireland, will be here come the 2012 season. we will have a new look front office, and luck im sure will love to be the one to bring back this proud franchise to the glory days, and revive it from this misery. what a name he can make for himself. matt stafford had no problem going to detroit, bradford had no problem going to st louis, 2 franchises not even close to us in terms of history or anything, and franchises who had a lot less talent at the time. if he gets picked by the fins, im sure he would love it.

Not if he works it out ahead of time like Eli Manning did when he was drafted by SD & immediately traded to NY. These type of deals should be banned by the NFL. A college player should not be able to pick & choose where he goes by the use of back room meetings.

There is always the possibility of the pick being traded or even the player being traded. The point I was trying to make is if the team that drafts him is unwilling to deal he doesn't have much of a choice.

I actually do have a question for anyone. Lets say we draft Luck and he sits out the entire year and re-enters the draft next year. Would we just get first round compensation for the lost pick or would we again have the #1 overall? Didn't know the rules on that exact situation, so if someone could help.

Although we're clearly not winning games, our situation down here really isnt that bad for a young QB to step in to as starter day one. Book end left tackle, solid young center, good young runningback (so it seems) and some reciever weapons that are pretty young as well. Plus our history as a franchise (greatest season, greatest QB, etc.) should be somewhat appealing, as will living in Miami. Lastly, and most importantly, I think it is fair to assume we are going to land one of the big three available coaches in Fischer, Cowher or Gruden.

i think its valid that lucks father wouldn't want him playin for these dopes but i also think its valid in the worst case scenario you draft luck and he says he won't play you could easily trade him to the highest bidder well before he ever goes back into the draft pool...and the highest bidder offer jaws will drop around here...so either way you draft luck or you sit in the corner with a dunce cap on

What a joke.. No team with the 1st overall pick in any draft is good.

Until this regime is over and Ross selects all his own guys, we're going to be flamed on multmple levels.

funny to think though.. if we landed Harbaugh, everyone would be hailing Ross as brilliant.

What a joke.

if we landed harbaugh we're probably not 0-4 right now...i mean he's made a pretty damn bad san fran team with alex smith as the starting qb 3-1 thru 4 weeks...thats not a coincidence thats harbaughs influence making a major difference

If he says no then we trade him for a ridiculous amount of picks and/or players, possibly one with which we could still pick one top QBs.

He'll be in Miami, accept it. Where else could a player possibly want to be the star of the show than South Beach? Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom