(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we tried and didn't go for the quick fix at QB. That's all I ask for really. At least try to find your franchise QB.

this should make some of you happy...if luck sucks i'll leave this board permanently...thats how strongly i feel about this kid as a pro qb...you'll never hear from me again if this kid turns into a ryan leaf or a tim couch or a matt leinart or whatever other dumb comparison i've read on here

book it

look i think luck should be fine but behind the dolphins offensive line he will get abused

I heard luck is calling his own plays so maybe we dont need duball anymore..

I would start him week 3. Give the Oline time to gel and for him to calm his nerves a bit.

That's a question that wouldn't be answered until week 3 of the preseason with whoever we have on our roster. And no, just because we're 0-4, I'm not gonna assume we will even finish in the bottom 5, nor will I assume that we will get Luck or any other QB until it actually happens.

wtf the thread started must b smoking some good stuff let me get a hit

I don't think he's going to bust. I think he will be good at worst, and could be something special. But if he does bust? What am I going to do? Kill myself? This team already stinks, we've pissed away second rounders for years trying to find a bargain bin QB and failed miserably every time. I don't care who we draft with our first round pick (we might not be #1 overall), but if it's a QB I'll give them credit for trying.

The only idiot GMs that wouldn't take Luck with the #1 would be Ireland and Speilman.
In all seriousness... I don't see anyone passing on him. He's going #1 regardless.
Either you take him or you get a kings ransom for that #1.

the rams will not take him if they get the first pick.

first of all, they owe sam bradford so much guaranteed money. secondly. the kid is a really good qb i believe, hes having a sophomore slump.

your right that any team that has the 1st overall pick will get a kings ransom for it, but the rams will trade the pick for the kings ransom, not draft luck then trade him.

IDGAF what Luck says,if he doesnt wanna join the Phins I say draft him anyways.

boo-hoo,you dont wanna play for us.The last thing a GM should do is let a college player determine whether you draft him or not.If anything you draft him,and make the Cheifs fork over 2 years worth of draft picks,Eric Berry & Brandon Flowers.....With that said,I highly doubt it would come to that.Luck's personality doesnt seem condescending.

I mean go back and look at the 2010 draft,and tell me Sam Bradford didn't wanna bottle of Jack & D, and a pistol when he heard his name called first from Goodell

Assuming we pick 1st...would anyone here entertain offers to move back, pick up a few, and try to still take Jones or Barkley (for the sake of conversation)

quick other than tebow name how many teams have given up on a first round QB in less than two full years? the rams WILL NOT draft luck if they have the 1st.

The rookie salary cap changes the dynamics. Luck won't be on the hook for the same type of contract as Bradford. Also, not everyone is in position to get a guy like Luck when they are faced with that decision.

Guys like Todd Marinovich and Ryan Leaf, who were huge busts, were dumped faster than Bradford. You want to say that Bradford isn't as much of a bust as those guys with his thrilling sub 50% completion percentage and inability to throw the ball downfield? Fine, but the results are the same. His team blows and he's playing like crap.

The fact that the Rams are so bad with Bradford at the helm -- in that awful division -- that we are even having this discussion says it all, IMO. Somebody described Bradford's play as Brilliant? Yep, that 5.9 yards per attempt and inability to complete 50% of his passes throwing 5 yard curls and bubble screens is freaking brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom