(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if none of these teams want take Luck, they certainly would have plenty of offers from other teams to trade up into that spot.

The only idiot GMs that wouldn't take Luck with the #1 would be Ireland and Speilman.
In all seriousness... I don't see anyone passing on him. He's going #1 regardless.
Either you take him or you get a kings ransom for that #1.

2. A strong, experienced head coach who knows how to handle and develop rookie phenoms. IMO that's Cowher in spades. Unlike the other 2 named HCs, he's the only one who left on top of his game and on his own terms. He did a great job developing a raw Big Ben all the way to the SB in his rookie year. I could definitely see Oliver signing off on him. Fisher might score points too, although his last few years haven't been terrific, but he did tranform a raw Air McNair into a SB caliber QB. The old Houston Oilers connection probably is helpful too. Gruden, I don't think Mr Luck would be jumping up and down over. REmember, he was under center for Houston and understands the player coaches dynamics. When Gruden left, players came out from behind the woodwork throwing him under the bus with Simeon Rice going so far as to call him a "scumbag." Perceived weak interpersonal skills along with (to the best of my knowledge) this self-anointed QB guru, never did develop a young one throughout his career.
Get ready to be bashed by all the Gruden fans around here.

Rams are not replacing Sam Bradford. His protection is garbage and the hits are clearly affecting his game, not to mention learning a new offense on top of it. Last season he was brilliant. He carried that team almost to the playoffs. Like Wildbill said, they will NOT give up on a 50 million dollar quarterback just because hes struggling while taking heavy abuse, especially after a rookie of the year season. Instead of declaring Bradford a bust, they will more likely burn that first pick on a trade or Matt Kalil. Remember, with the rookie salary cap system, they can afford to take offensive lineman at first overall.

With the Colts, ive been saying it for awhile now: they feel that they can be in contention for 2-3 more Superbowls. Why are they going to do something to upset their best chance at that? They will more likely draft a player they feel can help Manning get to the big game, not replace him.

With the Vikings, they are a wildcard. They just drafted Ponder and he should do well there. Luck's talent might be to much to pass up but they could go with other positions to help out Ponder. Plus, the Vikings have been a very competative team this year that hasn't learned to finish games. Once they learn how to manage a second half lead, they will start chalking up a few wins.

Of all those teams we are the only one that has a legitimate reason to draft Luck. Others would either be alienating their players or giving up on contending for a Superbowl. Neither of those options are attractive to GM's. The Seahawks and Chiefs are our biggest competition. Seahawks are extremely awful at quarterback and not invested with anyone. The Chiefs do have Cassel But that is hardly a Manning investment.
So long as we stay in front of those two teams, we have a chance at a great quarterback prospect.

Granted he could just stay another year if he wants...There are alot of "Ifs" I am sure the players are not tanking on purpose..I am sure they wanna win..

They just are not good enough...We as fans want Luck, whatever happens happens...

He controls things but the team with #1 pick has leverage as well..

If does not come out, on to the next one..Its the way it works.

imo landry jones is just as good as luck if he dosent come out than we get the next best thing ,in the eyes of alot of people is that luck is the next best thing ,and could well be that , but landry jones is going to be a franchise QB to, he is ripping apart the college levels and will do the same in the NFL (pro) level.

Even if we get Luckm does Moore start next year ?

I believe Chad Henne has played his last down as a Dolphin. If his injury is serious enough to have him out for the rest of the season, then he is done as a Dolphin. His rookie contract is up, and they won't franchise him. I think they let him walk.

If this does happen and we are able to secure Andrew Luck, will Matt Moore start next season ? Moore signed a 2 year deal....he will be on the roster, 100% guaranteed.

I think whoever the coach is, Sparano or (likely) someone else, I think they have Moore start and Luck sit, to learn.

I believe, if we do end up getting luck, he starts Week 1.
Who knows what the new regime will do at quarterback...

Rams are not replacing Sam Bradford. His protection is garbage and the hits are clearly affecting his game, not to mention learning a new offense on top of it. Last season he was brilliant. He carried that team almost to the playoffs. Like Wildbill said, they will NOT give up on a 50 million dollar quarterback just because hes struggling while taking heavy abuse, especially after a rookie of the year season. Instead of declaring Bradford a bust, they will more likely burn that first pick on a trade or Matt Kalil. Remember, with the rookie salary cap system, they can afford to take offensive lineman at first overall.

With the Colts, ive been saying it for awhile now: they feel that they can be in contention for 2-3 more Superbowls. Why are they going to do something to upset their best chance at that? They will more likely draft a player they feel can help Manning get to the big game, not replace him.

With the Vikings, they are a wildcard. They just drafted Ponder and he should do well there. Luck's talent might be to much to pass up but they could go with other positions to help out Ponder. Plus, the Vikings have been a very competative team this year that hasn't learned to finish games. Once they learn how to manage a second half lead, they will start chalking up a few wins.

Of all those teams we are the only one that has a legitimate reason to draft Luck. Others would either be alienating their players or giving up on contending for a Superbowl. Neither of those options are attractive to GM's. The Seahawks and Chiefs are our biggest competition. Seahawks are extremely awful at quarterback and not invested with anyone. The Chiefs do have Cassel But that is hardly a Manning investment.
So long as we stay in front of those two teams, we have a chance at a great quarterback prospect.

Could not have said it better. Colts have 4-5 years to worry about who their QB is. Minnesota has Ponder, unless he looks like Jimmy Clausen i don't see them taking Luck either

The only way a team doesn't pick Luck #1 overall is if they trade out of the spot for a boatload of picks.

The No. 1 overall pick and a new coach go hand in hand. Luck wouldn't turn us down with a new coach that has a good reputation. Anyways, if Luck were to refuse to play for us after we drafted him (like Manning or Elway), then tough **** for him because he's not getting traded or paid. He can sit at home until his rights expire, and then we get awarded a new pick by the NFL.

He stays property of the team that drafted forever, unless a deal with another team can be worked out.

`i was high on ponder last year, and so too was this coaching staff if im not mistaken (that will mean nothing, anyway)... so much so that im not sure if #12 was that much of a reach. point being, if miami secures #1 overall, do we entertain a trade of our top pick for, say Ponder and Minn 1,2,4, etc., getting all we can for such a valuable pick? i know this is blasphemy to all the Luck supporters out there, but WHAT IS sufficient trade value if we were to hold that top pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom