Mike Gesicki | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki

I just told nick this in chat:

Unless this guy is stone cold retarded or gets seriously injured, he's going to score 5+ touchdowns and make some defenders look foolish. And yes, I am aware that rookies typically do not put up big numbers at the TE position.

Funny I always thought TE coach Campbell could go in and play. This guy not so much .

Hoping he's a great coach anyways.
Word is that Shane Day is actually close to and trusted by Coach Gase. Just because he looks a little nerdy, doesn't mean that he isn't good at teaching and developing talent as a coach. Listen to the video and what he actually says. Extremely articulate and clear in expressing his thoughts - comes across as candid. Really pleasantly surprised to hear him say that Gesicki enjoys the physicality of the contact through picking up the blitz. Just because he had limited exposure to this at Penn State, doesn't mean that he can't do it. Just needs more experience...

Thing is...he's doing this a BUNCH. This is just the LATEST one.

But there's better. Peep this one below. This is one of the best catches I've seen in Miami in years. Superself mentioned that in the catch above he used his body to render the defender helpless. Well, in the catch below, the defender was NOT helpless, and that's kind of the point. This was GOOD defense by Minkah Fitzpatrick. Gesicki just made a RIDICULOUS play.

I mean, my goodness.

Oh but that's right, it goes on.

There are more. Miami Dolphins social media have posted many.

Does a good job of pushing off late while the balls in flight. An essential skill for guys that don’t really separate in the stem.

Not that those clips are of the separate in the stem ask type.

Michael Egnew? 3rd round pick

Egnew was a stud at the combine
4th fastest TE in the 40
1st in Vert jump
1st in the broad jump
4th in the 3 cone drill
4th in the 20 yard short shuttle
6th in the 60 yard shuttle

If only it would've translated to his play on the field

Gesicki was about as perfect of a pick as I have ever seen the Dolphins make. Unreal value for us in round 2, he may take a while since TE is such a tough position but finally we have real hope at the position. What a fantastic off-season overall, Grier doin work. The only one I'll really miss is Suh, and so will the team but we needed cash now.

Last edited:
It’s pretty obvious that kid can win in the red zone when iso’d. Heck he doesn’t even have to be open with that level body control and ability to locate the football

You just throw it up there and give him a chance.

Can he win when iso’d on 3rd down to move the sticks? Remains to be seen

That’s where the Travis kelces and Zach Ertzs separate themselves.

I’d like to see some clips of him running routes and defeating coverage. Guess that will have to wait for the preseason.

Knowing the South Florida weather patterns it will probably pour on opening day against the Titans. That should put the humidity way the hell up there. You'll see guys cramping up. Then the big bright Florida sun will come out and it will be over 100 degrees on the playing field. The Titans have a fearsome running game because Derrick Henry can bring it and they have a big powerful oline. On top of that they also have Dion Lewis from NE now. Once they can run on you Mariota can go play action and it becomes a tough home game to win. We have to meet that challenge head on and prevail. We stop their run and then kick their ***** with Drake and Gore. Then WE go play action and it's an easy home victory. It's about being better than what's coming at us. It's about NOT playing down to the level of poorer opponents and not taking an entire half of football to get warmed up. It's about coming out of the tunnel and making us proud to be Dolphin fans. It's about all the things like execution, discipline, avoiding turnovers, getting turnovers, scoring TDs in the Red Zone. We had none of these things last season imo and my level of pride in the team hit an all time low. Well, I love the make over, I love the FAs and draft picks and once again the Kool Aide courses through my veins so I'm ready for some Play Off Football!!! I'm going to the scrimmage this Saturday. I'll post some pics etc.

Back
Top Bottom