Mike Gesicki | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki

Nobody wins them all but he's catching the right peoples attention that way, specifically the offensive coaches and Ryan Tannehill.

When you've got a Ryan Tannehill talking about how huge your catch radius is, that translates, because it's directly tied in with trust factor. And I think Tannehill as a QB operates a little more on trust in the players around him, as opposed to pure scheme and field reading, than some other quarterbacks. He's prone to getting tunnel vision for some of his favorite targets.

Does a good job of pushing off late while the balls in flight. An essential skill for guys that don’t really separate in the stem.

Not that those clips are of the separate in the stem ask type.

I think his elite body control comes from his volleyball background. In volleyball the ball comes in at awkward and unusual angles so you must have some excellent reflexes and body control to identify and attack the ball.

It doesn't make sense that this kid was the 42nd pick in the draft.

I think quite a few teams made mistakes in the late 1st/early 2nd.

He's been making Sports Center top ten plays since OTAs and Mini Camps, and it confuses me as to why threads like this pop up trying to signal some sort of alarm bell on him.

Dudes, this guy will be in the running for OROY. Relax and enjoy it.

With Minkah in the running for DROY.

I think his elite body control comes from his volleyball background. In volleyball the ball comes in at awkward and unusual angles so you must have some excellent reflexes and body control to identify and attack the ball.

Yeah I get that but I also think it’s where some of what I’d call his finesse feel comes from. But I tell ya what he’s showing to be more physical at the top of the route than I expected and that’s a big deal for tight ends.

It’s obvious though that guy is rediculously gifted.

I just want to see if defenders can sit on that long stride in his stem and and drive on the ball as a result. Is there a hitch in his gear down due to that stride.

I've actually been looking for odds on each of these. Can't find them but i think I did see where Fitzpatrick is 3rd likiest for droy

I've actually been looking for odds on each of these. Can't find them but i think I did see where Fitzpatrick is 3rd likiest for droy

He probably won’t win it just because he’s on a team with already good safeties. But the kids a damn good player and once he gets the feel down he won’t be stopped.

We will see. A lot harder to predict that. In order to get in the running for DROY you either have to get a ton of sacks or a ton of interceptions. He's a DB so it'll have to be interceptions. And those are a hell of a lot harder to predict than catches or even touchdowns, IMO.

Minkahs gonna have to show that he’s not gonna lose physically vs tight ends at the catch point.

Gesicki gets dcs to have to shade him with an extra defender and that’s money for Miamis red zone offense.

And it looks to me like teams are gonna have to provide help. He’d be lining up split a lot for me for easy coverage ids and forcing the defenses hand. But I bet teams try to play him like they do jimmy graham these days.

I’d also expect to see a lot of red zone outside leverage played here until he shows he fires out of a cannon on in cut routes. You don’t want to give him the back pylon.

Outside leverage with a shade defender sitting inside. But only after he makes teams pay a few times for singling him up.

Back
Top Bottom