Moving Hunt to that LG spot... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Hunt to that LG spot...

So far Hunt looks like an OG.

Flowers and Karras are not long term solutions. Both have played ok, but neither are really moving guys off the ball.

And no, Penei Sewell isn't going to be a Fin. We just drafted Jackson to play LT, and I don't see us spending another first-rounder on an OT in back to back years.
You are correct. The Dolphins will NOT be using a first round pick on an offensive lineman in the 2021 draft. Maybe they will use one of their second round picks on an offensive lineman if one of the better offensive lineman slides in the draft but I don’t see them drafting an offensive lineman until the third round or lower.

I think they will use their first four picks to draft a WR, DE, RB, and DB or LB.

Last edited:
This whole scenario is based off of where the Texans pick is... it was at 3 when I started the thread... and currently it is at 5...

Yes there are games still left to be played but it not at all impossible
It will likely be around 8-12 before the season is over.

I think we stack the board with DE, DT, LB, OLB, ILB, WR.

Take the highest rated player...I've seen a mock that has us taking Christian Barmore, Micha Parsons, Najee Harris, and Quincy Roche at the top four picks. I would totally be okay with that.
If you look past Harris’s physical tools... are you comfortable taking him strictly off productivity?

I see you are still having a hard time... if someone else wants to explain it to you then cool. but I’m not.

I understand quite well. Its idiocy with a bow on top.

You are correct. The Dolphins will NOT be using a first round pick on an offensive lineman in the 2021 draft. Maybe they will use their one of their second round picks on an offensive lineman if one of the better offensive lineman slides in the draft but I don’t see them drafting an OL man under the third round or lower.

I think they will use their first four picks to draft a WR, DE, RB, and DB or LB.
We will just have to agree to disagree

Josh Sitton just said playing RG instead of familiar LG is like "trying to wipe your ass with the other hand."

Oline is solved for once just pay the Oline coach if your putting money at that position. Stud running back to protect the defense and QB and a stout NT to stop the run.

Edge rusher and linebacker are other more important positions.

Oline is solved for once just pay the Oline coach if your putting money at that position. Stud running back to protect the defense and QB and a stout NT to stop the run.

Edge rusher and linebacker are other more important positions.
Oline is far from solved... IMO

I like Sewell also. But our line seems to be doing well. We might want a WR with that houston pic

It would take an absolutely elite WR for me to ever consider one in the top 5-10. You just don't have to. You can find them later in R1 and Day 2. Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Kevin White, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross. That's every WR taken Top10 since 2014.

QB, OT, Pass Rush. Those guys are so hard to find. After that, probably CB and pure 3-down LBs who can play in today's more spread game. 10 years ago there were 17x1000 yard rushers and 17x1000 yard. Last year it was 16x1000 yard rushers and 29x1000 yard receivers. You need guys who can cover.

If you draft Top 5-10, you better get the elite guys that can't be found in FA. Those guys rarely hit the market bc of Franchise tags and when they do, they break the bank.

At the moment we sit at number 4 with the Texans pick (more games to be played today) and it got me think, we have a chance to really sure up this line.

Hunt was projected to be a better guard then tackle and we could be in position to take Penei Sewell to protect Tua’s blind side...

Flowers and Karras need to be replaced immediately

philbin is that you?

At the moment we sit at number 4 with the Texans pick (more games to be played today) and it got me think, we have a chance to really sure up this line.

Hunt was projected to be a better guard then tackle and we could be in position to take Penei Sewell to protect Tua’s blind side...

Flowers and Karras need to be replaced immediately
So, number one, I would think we either:

-Trade out of the pick and accumlate a bunch more picks
-Draft an elite pass rusher if one is available
-Or, barring that, draft an elite Wide Receiver

Don’t think we need to draft an offensive tackle that high considering the investment we have made in our Oline the past year and the results, but you never know I guess.

Karras and Flowers have been solid additions so far and are likely to improve as the chemistry of the Oline gets better with more reps of them playing together.

I do think we should draft a center with one of our top 5 draft picks (probably 2nd or 3rd round) if a good one falls to us though just for some depth behind Karras and to provide some competition.

This is the Jeff Ireland approach to roster building. Cut good players to replace with younger guys for no reason. Hunt is playing well at RT, Flowers is playing even better at LG. Why would we create a hole instead of filling pressing needs at LB, DE, or WR?

Sewell is possibly the best left tackle prospect to come out since Tunsil.

Playing him at right tackle is like when we played Tunsil at guard.

If we draft Sewell we should move Jackson to right tackle or hell move him to guard for all I care but Sewell should play left tackle.
But why our QB is a lefty so why invest that much in another LT?????

Back
Top Bottom