My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview

Listen to Bill Belichick a few times.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

There's a difference there, and I have spent some time in the Boston area, so I'm familiar with Bellichick's press conferences. Bellichick is monotone and boring, but it comes from a position of strength and dominance as a winner of 3 SB's. Philbin comes accross, in my opinion, as listless and weak- that's a huge difference. Not a good coach and a wet rag personality- that's a bad combo imo, I just don't like him as a HC, I think that he was a bad choice, and quite frankly I hope that he gets fired after next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's in a tough spot no doubt, but he should understand that people are going to question how he could let all this unfold under his nose. he takes full responsibility yet claims ignorance on the matter.

Ive seen this guy get plenty pissed on the sidelined. He is completely mischaraterized as someone who is timid and emotionless.

well done, guys think cause they post all day they are the top dog, I have no clue who he is either, maybe a detective.......lol

Thanks I have no problem if someone has a differing opinion and want to express without becoming personal..they don't know me ..I don't know them..I state my opinion.
Nothing will be done at Dolphin HQ based on my opionion... Like I am sure of the THOUSANDS of Posts that are put everyday by these Robo posters Nothing is done with them that makes changes. The mentality that I have X amount of posts so I am the all knowing is not a successful resume. It is ok to disagree but they go personal on many posters if they disagree which is the issue with me.

Big O asked the toughest questions. Everybody else was too soft on him. I guess they are saving the tough questions for Dennis Hickey later.

he's in a tough spot no doubt, but he should understand that people are going to question how he could let all this unfold under his nose. he takes full responsibility yet claims ignorance on the matter.

He takes responsibility for something he was never told was happening by either players or coaches and has been said many times by former players he truly may not have known but he stood up and took responsibilty of which I applaud him. Maybe he comes out stronger because of it.

I will post this only once:

Philbin took responsibility for the environment and blamed himself for not being involved more in the locker room.

Just remember. Bill Bellichek drafted a soon to be convicted murder of not one, but two people AND gave him a 40 million dollar contract. Sean Payton knowingly allowed a head hunting extravaganza with his team. Both are still employed and have their ass kissed by the media. Don't get into the media hype of Philbin being a bad coach. he made mistakes and he needs to correct them. End of story.
Nope. It would not adhere to the bash everything mantra that some fans and almost all the media have with the Dolphins. These people are grown men. Not kids. He can't know everything. The people in the media have and agenda. People need to stop reading the headlines and dig deeper and think about things before the make a statement.

He takes responsibility for something he was never told was happening by either players or coaches and has been said many times by former players he truly may not have known but he stood up and took responsibilty of which I applaud him. Maybe he comes out stronger because of it.

all i'm saying is he should understand how people might question how he didn't know. but i believe him as well and think he's going the proper route in putting it all behind him. it's going to be an ongoing question though, and i don't blame people for asking it to be honest. i'm sure from here on out he's going to be much more aware of his player's relationships and interactions with one another that's for sure.

well done, guys think cause they post all day they are the top dog, I have no clue who he is either, maybe a detective.......lol
If you have 90 posts in 12 years you don't seem to have much time invested in the Dolphins.
Then suddenly start a thread about how the "coach is a fraud", it makes you seem like a troll.

Thats really about all he can say regarding the matter. I thought the presser was fine.

Ive seen this guy get plenty pissed on the sidelined. He is completely mischaraterized as someone who is timid and emotionless.

You can't tell this to those with an agenda they will have nothing to post.

"Ermahgerd! Philbin didn't say what I wanted him to say! Fire him! FIRE EVERYONE!!! Yay1!!!!!!"

Just exactly what in the hell was he SUPPOSED to say????

His "Company" is maybe 100 plus people so the opportunity is there plus he said himself "I set the structure, I set the times, the practices etc".... I am well aware of the structure of BOTH large and Small companies for the size he has there is NO excuse.. by the way I am sure that when he meets with his staff he reminds them of his decree that he wants them to be bigger in life than on the field and to Coach that way on a daily basis (and pass that to the players as well )... Mike Sherman in not a big picture guy so I do not see him pulling players aside to talk to them about their after football life.

Back
Top Bottom