Official 2007 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Florida Marlins Thread

now that seems biased, why wouldn't you have the Marlins in there? they were hot last year, they almost won the wild-card spot they were so hot. and the team is definitely going to be improved as they were all very young last year, Willis hawd an off year and he will be back on track this season. you can't dismiss this team

I'm not biased, I just don't think the Marlins will be as good as the Mets, Braves, and Phillies. I have nothing against them at all it's just how I feel. I also said last year that I'm not a Mets fan as much as I'm a David Wright and Jose Reyes fan, so if the Mets have holes I'm not gonna pretend they're not there. And I love Miguel Cabrera too, as well as Jeff Francoeur, so there's no bias.

I'm not biased, I just don't think the Marlins will be as good as the Mets, Braves, and Phillies. I have nothing against them at all it's just how I feel. I also said last year that I'm not a Mets fan as much as I'm a David Wright and Jose Reyes fan, so if the Mets have holes I'm not gonna pretend they're not there. And I love Miguel Cabrera too, as well as Jeff Francoeur, so there's no bias.

What do the Braves have at all that would make you think they will even finish ahead of Washington?

Seriously the Mets will be up there and possibly Philli but the Braves are mostly trash at this point IMO other than Chipper and Andrew it's a bunch of mediocre players.

What do the Braves have at all that would make you think they will even finish ahead of Washington?

Seriously the Mets will be up there and possibly Philli but the Braves are mostly trash at this point IMO other than Chipper and Andrew it's a bunch of mediocre players.

The Braves biggest hole last year was bullpen. They fixed it in the offseason by making a few moves. The biggest probably signing Soriano. They have a good offense with guys like Andruw and Chipper Jones, Jeff Francoeur, Brian McCann, etc. Their starting pitching is so-so but I think they can get the job done.

They have a good staff with Smoltz, Hudson, Hampton (assuming he comes back healthy), James, Davies. Good pen with Gonzo, Soriano and Wickman. And they have some good bats with the Joneses, Franny, Renteria and McCann (who's a top catcher). Don't forget they still have Bobby Cox and will be angry their streak ended last year.

I think they'll surprise a lot of people this year.

The Braves biggest hole last year was bullpen. They fixed it in the offseason by making a few moves. The biggest probably signing Soriano. They have a good offense with guys like Andruw and Chipper Jones, Jeff Francoeur, Brian McCann, etc. Their starting pitching is so-so but I think they can get the job done.

I'd bet you anything the Marlins finish above the Braves, it's a lock

Number one, Washington is last. They have literally no SP. They make the Mets look like the '01 D'Backs.

Two, the Phillies' acquisitions of Eaton and Garcia are worrisome, because both give up their share of fly balls, and in CBP, that's not good. Their offense is fantastic, but their rotation is a bunch of 3s with the possible exception of Hamels and their pen isn't special. The most complete team, really, is Atlanta. They have an okay offense, they have a pretty good starting staff, solid defense, and a suddenly fantastic bullpen, not to mention the managerial factor. I'd put the Marlins next, especially if a closer and a center fielder emerge, then the Mets because of their offense, then the Phillies, then the Nats. That's in terms of talent on the field. In terms of standings, I'll go 1) Mets, 2) Marlins, 3) Phillies, 4) Braves, 5) Nats, but those 1-4 are all .500+ teams in the 84-88 win range.

great question...apparanlty our manager is going to choose from one of 6 bums. :lol:

We have not addressed our need for a center fielder. There is no clear closer on the team. We have some decent set up man and our pitching staff (although studs) needs to sustain that high level for a whole year. Can Jacobs play the whole year even while there are lefties pitching. Other than that, we should be fine. :chuckle:

Number one, Washington is last. They have literally no SP. They make the Mets look like the '01 D'Backs.

Two, the Phillies' acquisitions of Eaton and Garcia are worrisome, because both give up their share of fly balls, and in CBP, that's not good. Their offense is fantastic, but their rotation is a bunch of 3s with the possible exception of Hamels and their pen isn't special. The most complete team, really, is Atlanta. They have an okay offense, they have a pretty good starting staff, solid defense, and a suddenly fantastic bullpen, not to mention the managerial factor. I'd put the Marlins next, especially if a closer and a center fielder emerge, then the Mets because of their offense, then the Phillies, then the Nats. That's in terms of talent on the field. In terms of standings, I'll go 1) Mets, 2) Marlins, 3) Phillies, 4) Braves, 5) Nats, but those 1-4 are all .500+ teams in the 84-88 win range.

I love how you point out Phillies flaws, but fails to mention any of Floridas flaws. What about how it seems almost all 2nd year starters regress? What about the fact that Uggla played way over his head? You still don't have a closer, no one knows if tankersley can hold down the job. You guys still need a 5th starter and a CF.

Now the phillies have problems also, but you think Hamels is the only one that isn't a number 3 in their rotation? What about Myers?

I love how you point out all of Phillies flaws, but fails to mention any of Floridas flaws. What about how it seems almost all 2nd year starters regress? What about the fact that Uggla played way over his head? You still don't have a closer, no one knows if tankersley can hold down the job. You guys still need a 5th starter and a CF.

Now the phillies have problems also, but you think Hamels is the only one that isn't a number 3 in their rotation? What about Myers?

:confused: Nolasco is the fifth starter and he is a .500 or better pitcher. If you are banking on all our starters taking a step back and one flaw in the outfield for us to play poorly your going to be in for a rough season.

Alex Sanchez will be our centerfielder, not a big name but he has speed and will be a decent #8 hitter.

Back
Top Bottom