**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) ** | Page 74 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) **

I like the pick of Booker. Bush is another Big back like Ronnie and Ricky. I love the thought of Ricky and Ronnie platooning and being used on 1st and 2nd downs and bringing in Booker on 3rd downs. Booker and Ginn = MAJOR SPEED UPGRADE to this offense. Satele fills a need and Beck, IMO, is going to be a cross between Drew Brees and Marc Bulger.

I'm sorry but A RB later in the draft like Garret Wolfe would have been better
Why not a CB?

Figurs just went.... so was Ginn a reach CRIPES?!

As was said before...could have had Quinn, Jarrett, Kahlil (with help), and now Free or Figurs here in rd. 3.... Somehow that sounds more appealing.

Welcome to the Phins Lorenzo Booker!

:bighug:

I am surprised by this pick. The way it looked, I thought Beekman was going to be our guy. I did have Beck, Satele and Booker going in the same order for us. I just had them all one pick later. These are all good picks for us though. My only disappointment is not getting another oline today. I guess the FO really does have a lot of faith in Alabi. It will be interesting to see if a quality olineman is available with our next pick.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with day 1. I give it a B. Our 4th round pick must be OT or OG unless there is nobody worthy of the pick. In that case, Paul Williams would be a good choice. Maybe we can package a couple of late picks to get another 4th or a 5th round pick. It doesn't seem like we will though. We need a punter in the 7th. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on J.J. Billingsley in the 7th either. Injuries kept him from doing better than he could have. We'll see what happens tommorrow.

Go Phins!

The theme of this draft (so far) is the FO lets the draft dictate what happens rather than vice versa. This is not encouraging.

I'm sorry but A RB later in the draft like Garret Wolfe would have been better
Why not a CB?
booker isnt being brought in to run the ball like wolf would do booker is just a flat out wepon

you guys need to keep an open mind about this, our offense added much need speed (Ginn jr, Booker), we got our future QB (Beck) and we upgraded the o-line (Satele). it was a good draft

because Cameron got the players he wanted you guys think it's a terrible draft? sure it's a different stratergy then usual for us but thats what we needed. our offense sucked last year, so Cameron added some new dimensions to the offense. I am gonna laugh when all of them end up being pro bowlers one day because you all doubted them

you guys need to keep an open mind about this, our offense added much need speed (Ginn jr, Booker), we got our future QB (Beck) and we upgraded the o-line (Satele). it was a good draft

because Cameron got the players he wanted you guys think it's a terrible draft? sure it's a different stratergy then usual for us but thats what we needed. our offense sucked last year, so Cameron added some new dimensions to the offense. I am gonna laugh when all of them end up being pro bowlers one day because you all doubted them
exactly..our offence so so bad last year any change is good our offence is alot beter today then it was yesterday

The theme of this draft (so far) is the FO lets the draft dictate what happens rather than vice versa. This is not encouraging.

When you have as many holes as we do you take the draft as it falls to you so that you can maximize your picks. If you are the Chargers with only a couple of holes you can adjust your draft to take advantage to what falls and trade picks to fill the holes.

by the same token, I hope Quinn becomes a pro bowler one day too (hopefully not at our expense...) It was painful watching him fall that far, granted it happens every year, but still.

The more I think about it, the more I want to believe that you're right. I realize we didn't pick and BAD players, and the more I think about it, I'm not horrified by our draft, but at the same time, I'm not jumping with joy either.

BTW CYPHIN... did you hear People's is moving!? FTW?!

BTW CYPHIN... did you hear People's is moving!? FTW?!

Yeah, heard they lost there lease to a restaurant. Great location across Lincoln Way from campus. They opened my junior year at ISU. I think they opened nickel beer night if I recall correctly. But I used to go to Cy's Roost and Welsh. Managed Corner Pocket on Main Street in 1990-91.

Yeah, heard they lost there lease to a restaurant. Great location across Lincoln Way from campus. They opened my junior year at ISU. I think they opened nickel beer night if I recall correctly. But I used to go to Cy's Roost and Welsh. Managed Corner Pocket on Main Street in 1990-91.

Lol... my cousin is now one of the managers at CY's... small world.... 2004 alum here.

Well boys... I think that's it... hopefully tomorrow we can address some other needs such as TE and start making our Defense younger!

Back
Top Bottom