**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) ** | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread (Day 1) **

For the record, we could realistically give up a 6th and one of our 7th's to trade up now and nab Doug Free.... fingers crossed...!

Ginn has amazing speed. If I recall correctly, he had the best 40 time of all the prospects. Cam and Randy must feel that he can be our number one guy, along with an awesome threat returning kicks/punts, or else they would have dealt a pick for Dante Hall last week. They obviously feel he can be a threat at WR. I tend to agree. I did think they were going to take Ginn or Staley...BUT ONLY IF QUINN WAS OFF THE BOARD.

I was ecstatic that Quinn fell to nine...And then I was shocked when we passed on him. I'm thinking they must have figured the 49ers would take Ginn at 11, and now they have a deal in place to move up and get Quinn somewhere in the teens...It's the only explanation for passing on him.

This has raised my eyebrows. That said, if we trade up and get Quinn I'll be on cloud nine, praising Randy and Cam as geniuses that managed to get a game-breaking WR at nine and a franchise QB with a significantly lower cap number than he would have got at nine...
:shakeno: Still in denial. Unbelievable how some Quinn fans still just don't get it. Maybe you should go back and read some of the posts on this site where people with any real knowledge about football, not the so called draft gurus, were commenting on Quinn. He's a fraud. He shouldn't have even been in the first round. It was a weak Qb class and most people in the NFL could see that Brady Quinn just didn't cut the mustard. He was very media savvy, and I'll give him credit for that (actually I give Condon credit). But in the end Brady, Weis and Condon couldn't pull the wool over NFL GMs eyes. I think people will look back at this draft and say Cleveland made a big mistake,. They gave up a lot for Quinn-their pick in 2008 could end up being a top 10, maybe even a top five. I think Thomas was a reach, and I think Quinn even at 22 was a reach.

I posted this in another thread a few months ago. Thought it needed to be bumped up here.

"While a lot of Booker's flaws have been because of Jeff Bowden's awful system (the countless times last year when he would have Leon Washington run off the edges and then slam Booker up the middle...), Booker has been a big underachiever this year. Last year, Leon Washington had a real excuse for his underachieving. His offensive line was devastated by injuries. This year though, the line is healthy and all upperclassmen. Booker has 525yds and 2TDs through the whole season. His only "good" game was against Rice - 115yds and 1TD. I watched Booker rack up 18yds against Troy, 45yds against Duke, and 44yds against Virginia. Those were AWFUL opponents. How'd he do against better opponents? 10yds against Boston College and -3yds against Miami! The only chance Booker has of doing well in the NFL is by playing on the west coast (Oakland anyone?), close to his family. He's doing so well in the Emerald Bowl because he's got just about everyone he's ever met watching him at the game. Miami should NOT be his future home."

The more I think about it, the more I want to believe that you're right. I realize we didn't pick and BAD players, and the more I think about it, I'm not horrified by our draft, but at the same time, I'm not jumping with joy either.

I totally agree. Right now there are no boneheaded picks- just really confusing ones. Like any draft, the preseason and season will ultimately tell whether Ginn/Beck was a mistake vs. Quinn/S. Smith/D. Jarrett. You know its a better than average draft when you can look at all your picks in rds. 1-3 and say they are all football PLAYERS.:ninja: Every single one of these guys have produced results ON the field. So give Cam and Randy a break-- for now.:goof:

Then again, if by the 6th game of the season its obvious ginn can't catch a cold, beck is throwing int's faster than you can say 'Holy Ray Lucas!', satele can't even break into the 2nd unit and booker is starting (b/c of injuries and no ricky) and getting 2ypc, I will agree with everyone who said this draft was a disaster and promply call for Cam and Randy's heads on pikes. :(p
Until then...

My 100th post! Thought we reached for Ginn but also thought we tried to trade down. Thought we targeted Beck and Satele as they fit our systems and style of play. Thought we picked Booker as BPA. Overall I thought our first day draft was a B- to C+. Thought we could have done better in the first round, but pleased with the rest. Need to start strong tomorrow as we don't have a 5th rounder.

Look in 4th for Free OT, Beekman OG, Patrick TE or Soliai DT.

I would be happy with any of those but I would expect to see randy and cam try to move down in the 4th and pick up a pick or two so as to ship one out to KC for Green.

Is it too late in the day to still hope that the draft personell read it wrong and the Dolphins actually wrote Quinn on the card and they confused it with Ginn?

All I can say is they better have a deal in the works to trade up to get Quinn, or I'm going to be very upset in a couple of hours...

I'm shocked.
I guess you ended up being upset....but you really should not be shocked. People in the know knew that Randy would pass on Quinn.

I still can't believe we picked Booker instead of improving our defense.

Just when I was starting to feel comfortable with this year's draft we go and do something like this.

With all of the positions we needed to improve, RB would probably be dead last!

:tantrum:

It's been discussed that at least 1 team is interested in trading for Ricky for an '08 pick.
Taking Booker is a prelude to that once/if Ricky's re-instated.
Whether you think Booker is, or can be, a player or not is another issue tho'.
Regardless, Ricky should not be relied upon and Ronnie needs a compliment.

Wow. I was right and wrong at the same time.
This could mean only one thing.
They worked Quinn out and didn't think he had the arm strength to hold up against NE, NY and Buff on the road.
Arm strength was only part of it. Quinn's arm strength actually would be at the top of the bottom third when compared to other Qbs. Not great but not terrible. Cam and Randy were bothered by two things, although they're not going to divulge it now because even they don't want to pour it on too hard on the kid. One, Brady Quinn's accuracy, or should I say lack of accuracy. Two, as much as his fans were enamored by his so called 'intangibles', I think NFL people were more skeptical, especially after how Quinn and his entourage handled him in the month leading up to the draft. Despite his fans ardent protestations, Brady Quinn didn't play well in the big games, especially his senior year. Notre Dame's schedule was pretty soft but when they played quality defenses and athletic defenders, Brady Quinn wilted. C Weis was selling his program, Conlon was selling his reputation, and Quinn was selling himself. In the end, Randy and most NFL teams weren't buying. They knew the Brady Bunch were selling swampland.

Back
Top Bottom