Official 76ers Thread | Page 182 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Hate to see Anthony Davis injured because he's one hell of a player, but damn what a break for our Pelican's draft pick. And now it's evident the 76ers are full on tank mode and will not be beat in the Parker/Wiggins/Randle sweepstakes. Things are really looking up. And I never thought I'd say this but, Wiggins might actually be the third best prospect in this draft. I'm sold on Randle. A Randle/Noel frontcourt with MCW running the point is a damn good scenario.

Having gone back and watched several UK games, if we do get the #1 pick, you're going to have a hard time convincing me Randle shouldn't be the pick. His combination of athleticism and skill at the PF spot might be too much to pass up. Bigs who can score in the post are sadly a dying breed. The way he maneuvers his body in the post and is able to get his defender in the air using fakes and his great up and under move is great to see. Having this along with a true Jason Kidd style pg would certainly make me a proud fan as those 2 styles of players are favorites of mine and sadly dying with this influx of scoring pg's and offensively inept bigs in today's NBA.

Having gone back and watched several UK games, if we do get the #1 pick, you're going to have a hard time convincing me Randle shouldn't be the pick. His combination of athleticism and skill at the PF spot might be too much to pass up. Bigs who can score in the post are sadly a dying breed. The way he maneuvers his body in the post and is able to get his defender in the air using fakes and his great up and under move is great to see. Having this along with a true Jason Kidd style pg would certainly make me a proud fan as those 2 styles of players are favorites of mine and sadly dying with this influx of scoring pg's and offensively inept bigs in today's NBA.
For obvious reasons, I am going to try and catch as many UK games that I can this year. One is to try and evaluate some of the players while the other is just to watch them in general. Even for this early in the season, they look pretty good.

Ever since I started watching Kentucky, I have loved the game of Randle. In my eyes, he has the perfect build for a power forward in the NBA. Then you add that athleticism of his, and you have yourself a great prospect. Right now, the number one pick is between Parker and Randle. If the Sixers get the number one pick, I think the addition of Randle would be best for the team.

Hate to see Anthony Davis injured because he's one hell of a player, but damn what a break for our Pelican's draft pick. And now it's evident the 76ers are full on tank mode and will not be beat in the Parker/Wiggins/Randle sweepstakes. Things are really looking up. And I never thought I'd say this but, Wiggins might actually be the third best prospect in this draft. I'm sold on Randle. A Randle/Noel frontcourt with MCW running the point is a damn good scenario.
I was thinking the exact same thing. It was fun to see him in person when they came to Philly a few days ago, but this elevates the Sixers pick from the Pelicans.

Just curious to get you opinion, since this team is going to be bad as it already is, would you trade any of the "Big 3" in Turner, Young, or Hawes to further the tank efforts?

I was thinking the exact same thing. It was fun to see him in person when they came to Philly a few days ago, but this elevates the Sixers pick from the Pelicans.

Just curious to get you opinion, since this team is going to be bad as it already is, would you trade any of the "Big 3" in Turner, Young, or Hawes to further the tank efforts?

Yes. Not necessarily for tanking purposes but for the future of this team in regards to salary and the trade return. I love Thad as a sixth man but he's making a hefty salary. He would probably be the first to go. I'd trade Turner if the price is right. If Parker or Wiggins is the pick I'm not sure he'd fit on the team regardless. Hawes I'd be the most inclined to keep. His offensive capabilities as a shooter and passer are too important. How would he feel coming off the bench if Randle is the pick though? Tough decisions to make for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was an interesting game. This is one of the few times where I don't mind the Sixers winning. I don't know about you Clipse, but I thought the foul calling was inconsistent for most of the game.

Oh, MCW is a stud.

Holy **** what a game. Triple doubles by MCW and Oladipo. Hollis Thompson looking like a solid rookie for us too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to Kyle Korver setting the NBA record with a three pointer made in 90 consecutive games. Seems like forever since Ashton Kutcher was raining threes down in Philly.

MCW out with a "skin infection." This team gives no ****s. Throw out anything for the tank.
And the tank rolls on with a loss to Denver. The next 2 games against the Clippers and T'Wolves shape up as losses as well.

Even if there is the slightest thing wrong with MCW, I have no problem sitting him for a few games. No need to rush him back.

And the tank rolls on with a loss to Denver. The next 2 games against the Clippers and T'Wolves shape up as losses as well.

Even if there is the slightest thing wrong with MCW, I have no problem sitting him for a few games. No need to rush him back.

Precautionary according to Brown. I just find it amusing all the descriptions we've used to keep our best players from playing. Next up, Evan Turner missing a week due to "bullying."

Precautionary according to Brown. I just find it amusing all the descriptions we've used to keep our best players from playing. Next up, Evan Turner missing a week due to "bullying."
It'll get better as the season progresses, just wait. :lol:

Keep your eye on Philadelphia. Front-runner would be overstating it, but the notion that the Sixers are a viable destination for Asik is increasingly making the rounds. And that certainly makes sense given (A) Philly’s front office is run by a certified Asik fan, former Rockets exec Sam Hinkie; (B) Philly has a frontcourt player to send back to Houston, in Thaddeus Young) whose skill set can click with Dwight Howard’s, albeit not as well as seemingly unattainable dream target Ryan Anderson; and (C) there really isn’t an Asik for Philly to draft with the high pick it’s likely to snag in the 2014 lottery.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/08/report-sixers-a-viable-trade-destination-for-omer-asik/

I know it's only a rumor, but there is no good reason for the Sixers to do this in my mind.

I don't like the trade either. Noel should give us everything and more than what Asik can offer at a much less price.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I don't like the trade either. Noel should give us everything and more than what Asik can offer at a much less price.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
And a move like that would go against everything the front office is trying to do this year. Asik would make the team better, which is not what this season is about.

Back
Top Bottom