Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About....

New here? It's extremely relevant. I've seen at least a dozen hate posts trying to enforce the narrative that Tannehill has played for six years, while also critiquing him for being out for two years. It's ridiculous.

Save the condescending douche remark, please. If you think the Tannehill pro/con posts are AT ALL relevant then you must be the one who is new. You are going to have people on both sides of the topic, so your whole point in #1 is people complaining about a timeline... whether he played for 4 or played for 6, the tenure has been all Tannehill, by technicality, and... it CHANGES NOTHING. That's why it wasn't worth addressing. But alas, here I am addressing it.

You're right. And here's the thing:

Unless the Colts do a hell of a lot better job surrounding Andrew Luck with a better team, and SOON...you know who his career is going to parallel?

Dan Marino's.

Unless the Colts do a damn sight better by their QB? He's never going to win a ring. To their credit, it LOOKS like they're trying.

Great QBs can absolutely hide flaws on teams...to an extent. It's an absolute shame that Marino didn't come in to the league five years sooner or ten years later. because if he did? He'd have multiple rings. But he had the misfortune of playing QB when Tom Olivadotti was DC for much of his career, and he retired right about the time when it became much harder for DB to defend in the NFL.

The point?

I don't WANT an incomplete team. I don't want the 1992 Dolphins, who Marino dragged as far as he could. That team had no damn business doing as well as it did, and Marino dragged them to an AFC Championship game all by himself, and then lost. I don't WANT a team that has to ONLY RELY on the magic of a QB. Because that doesn't work to win the Lombardi. If anyone proved that, it's Marino himself.

Glad you agreed that you were wrong on #5 and could see the point I was making - maybe' you're not as douchey as you came off with that first comment ;)

here's the facts; ryan tannehill is entering his 7th season and hasnt played in an nfl playoff game. if, on draft day 2012, you told that to all 32 nfl teams, he would have went undrafted. so the fan club can spin it whichever way they want. make all the excuses they want. it doesnt matter. facts are facts. and after this year when we go 6-10, RT will be entering his 8th season with nothing to show for it. when is enough, enough?
2 words...bigger picture. You seriously not
here's the facts; ryan tannehill is entering his 7th season and hasnt played in an nfl playoff game. if, on draft day 2012, you told that to all 32 nfl teams, he would have went undrafted. so the fan club can spin it whichever way they want. make all the excuses they want. it doesnt matter. facts are facts. and after this year when we go 6-10, RT will be entering his 8th season with nothing to show for it. when is enough, enough?

Another fact you forgot. One of the most sacked QBs in Phins history. If you think that's also on Tannehill then I'm blocking your comments because you don't have a friggin clue. There's another fact for you right there. Bank it. Get some balance with your comments. Otherwise I see it as your comments as being biased. I want a better QB but I see the bigger picture. Not a huge Tanny fan but you need to stop the obvious hate as it's pointless and not condusive to the positive waves our favourite team is showing lately.

Save the condescending douche remark, please. If you think the Tannehill pro/con posts are AT ALL relevant then you must be the one who is new. You are going to have people on both sides of the topic, so your whole point in #1 is people complaining about a timeline... whether he played for 4 or played for 6, the tenure has been all Tannehill, by technicality, and... it CHANGES NOTHING. That's why it wasn't worth addressing. But alas, here I am addressing it.

Glad you agreed that you were wrong on #5 and could see the point I was making - maybe' you're not as douchey as you came off with that first comment ;)

I have my moments. But "that's not worth addressing" doesn't exactly come off as the *opposite* of douchey.

I think you should seek professional help your love obsession of Tannehill is not healthy man!
??? The post you quoted attempted to draw attention to OTHER parts of the team. I'm pretty sure the obsession with Tannehill is with the #QBwinz crowd.

1.) A player drafted in 2012, is going into his 7th year. Saying otherwise is something I could imagine a agent telling Tannenbaum to bring in idk Jermon Bushrod.

5.) We are in year 3 of Gase. If he wasn't building his team year 1 or 2, wtf has he been doing on?[/QUOTE]

Exactly! He's just making excuses!

1 season with a legit head coach or play calling. Philbin was garbage, the line has been garbage, Sherman was garbage and lazor was garbage. all are out of the league, much like the WRs tannehill carried as dead weight or being horrible somewhere else like philbin.

He didn't play last year. He has 4.75 years worth of experience, not 7. You people only say that to sound like your opinion is more valid when the detractors that want to ditch RT17 at all cost are really just low football IQ fans.

dejesus:
3. Not a fact based argument so can’t hold to that standard. I’m not sure what point you are making. He was 8-5 and the 12th rated qb In 2016. If that is his break out year it’s ecactly what everyone says about him...average.

wrong. the Fact I stated is that most of us are Not still waiting for his breakout season.
that did in fact happen in 2016, whether the minority who dont get it agree or not.

your "average" incorporates the first 5 games where the team was learning the new staff/system.

his "breakout" was after that, when he had a 100+ rating and was playing at a top 3-5 level. it was ended only by
injury.

that was the very definition of a breakout, and i think thats why most recognize it. there will always be ones like you, though. see you in the Fall (most likely the first few games back from his injury- after that i imagine you'll be too busy to weigh in on how good our O looks.)

dejesus:

wrong. the Fact I stated is that most of us are Not still waiting for his breakout season.
that did in fact happen in 2016, whether the minority who dont get it agree or not.

your "average" incorporates the first 5 games where the team was learning the new staff/system.

his "breakout" was after that, when he had a 100+ rating and was playing at a top 3-5 level. it was ended only by
injury.

that was the very definition of a breakout, and i think thats why most recognize it. there will always be ones like you, though. see you in the Fall (most likely the first few games back from his injury- after that i imagine you'll be too busy to weigh in on how good our O looks.)

If thats the definition then Moore "broke out" in 2016 also.

Yeah he "broke out" and now he's sitting at home.

Well, only you think he "broke out". So, that's pretty telling about your ability to evaluate QBs. Combined with your ability to evaluate head coaches, I'd say it explains a lot.

Just how exactly did Matt Moore “break out” playing ok / decent in a couple of games and then getting clobbered in the play offs?

I don't know. People are throwing around language like football illiterate if you didn't see that Tannehill "broke out" so what's the official definition? By many measures Moore was playing at a top 5 level but now you're saying that is not it. So what is it? Who are all the QBs that have "broken out?"

Well, only you think he "broke out". So, that's pretty telling about your ability to evaluate QBs. Combined with your ability to evaluate head coaches, I'd say it explains a lot.

No, he "broke out" according to the guys definition that I quoted. I disagree with his definition.

Back
Top Bottom