Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About....

No, he "broke out" according to the guys definition that I quoted. I disagree with his definition.

Purely an argument over number of games, which is why I said that if Moore could sustain that level of play, he wouldn't be home.

Tannehill did it for 8 games. How long does he have to play at a top 10 level before you'll give him credit? Let's just get that out in the open. Full season? 2 seasons? 10 seasons? How many?

Look, the vision for this team is becoming more and more clear. Biggest thing I struggled with this off-season.

I have no gripes about going into the season with Ryan, just only whose behind him.

I still, to this moment, do not like what's behind him. Matt Moore earned some credibility in that role, but I don't see that in Brock or Fales.

I just think that's a risky bet, & one I don't agree with.

I don't know. People are throwing around language like football illiterate if you didn't see that Tannehill "broke out" so what's the official definition? By many measures Moore was playing at a top 5 level but now you're saying that is not it. So what is it? Who are all the QBs that have "broken out?"
Classic roy

Purely an argument over number of games, which is why I said that if Moore could sustain that level of play, he wouldn't be home.

Tannehill did it for 8 games. How long does he have to play at a top 10 level before you'll give him credit? Let's just get that out in the open. Full season? 2 seasons? 10 seasons? How many?

Good question. Alex Smith "broke out" and played at a higher level than Tannehill and sustained longer, over a whole season. Did it change the way I view him? Not in the slightest. Not saying I would never change my view of him but its highly unlikely. So while I can give credit for good stretches I just don't have any faith in it going forward.

Good question. Alex Smith "broke out" and played at a higher level than Tannehill and sustained longer, over a whole season. Did it change the way I view him? Not in the slightest. Not saying I would never change my view of him but its highly unlikely. So while I can give credit for good stretches I just don't have any faith in it going forward.

Well there it is. Finally admits that all the discussion was bullshit. It never was about what Tannehill did or what he can become. Roy had made up his mind and nothing else matters. Thanks. Now I can ignore everything you post about Tannehill because you just admitted it is bullshit.

Well there it is. Finally admits that all the discussion was bullshit. It never was about what Tannehill did or what he can become. Roy had made up his mind and nothing else matters. Thanks. Now I can ignore everything you post about Tannehill because you just admitted it is bullshit.

Of course I made up my mind. Who the hell hasn't made up their mind after 7 years?

He did it for 8 games? Or for 4 games? Might want to check again

Roy just trying to be a tool ( (why would anyone purposely want that?).

No, Moore didnt "break out" by any definition (and certainly not mine). more like he kind of flamed out.

RT on other hand was at the top of his game when his season was ended.

we get it, you dont. bye.

I consider myself undecided on this issue, but Ryan's our QB so I support him 100% and I hope he has a great season.

For those of you on the "convinced" side, though, I would love to be swayed over to your side. So what I need is to know what happened in Baltimore during his breakout stretch. Because the media (which I know, doesn't know anything) just talked about how we beat inferior competition during that streak and teams with losing records. They all said the test would come vs. the Ravens (who were only 6-5 at the time...we were 7-4)...and then Tannehill was awful in that game...3 picks and down 24-0 before we score in garbage time. Why should I not be concerned by that game when everyone said that would be his big test? Given the tensions on this topic, I'm not sure that there can be a reasonable discussion, but I'm really curious.

Of course I made up my mind. Who the hell hasn't made up their mind after 7 years?

When making up your mind includes ignoring changes and progress, it is a problem. Most people understand that. Kind of sad that it needs to be explained to you.

This mentality explains a lot really. You're not the only one who has it, just the one who has come out and admitted it. It is what causes posters to claim all kinds of stuff that happened in the past as present tense. Once you've made up their mind, in. your own words - you're "highly unlikely to change your view". So we get repeated bullshit like, he gets a lot passes batted down, he hold onto the ball too long, he locks onto one receiver, he can't throw the long ball, etc. All despite improvements in all those areas (in some cases, improvement to top 5 status). Ignore that because you've made up your mind.

Well, when you made your mind up at the end of 2013 and you choose to ignore everything that has happened since, this is what you get.

(and again with AFTER SEVEN years. How can it be AFTER SEVEN years when he was drafted SIX years ago?) You've closed your mind to what has happened and started making up your own facts. Nice.

Thought record didn’t mean anything for a QB? November he played at a high level. The other 4 games was average.

LOL. He had a 124 rating in a game in December. Passer rating of 98 with a YPA of 8 in the last two games in October.

For the 8 games, he had a passer rating over 100. When the hell did that become average?

Back
Top Bottom