Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell

I can't stand with you on that island brother. Pitts is amazing, but our most talented offensive player at this point in time is Mike Gesicki. It makes about as much sense as drafting another QB. If we do the typical Dolphins thing of letting another good young talent walk, I'm gonna lose it. This franchise hasn't made the right choices very often, and the best draft I can recall is when we picked Minkah Fitzpatrick and then Mike Gesicki ... the two exact picks I would have made. And if they had played Minkah as a FS like I advocated for since before he was drafted ... we would now have a guy who immediately became an All-Pro FS the moment he left us and was was allowed to be and concentrate on being a FS. If we then turn around and give up on Gesicki too ... that'll be yet another epically stupid move by this franchise.

To me the clear cut top choice would be Ja'Marr Chase, and if he's available and we do not take him, I'm gonna be unbelievably dejected.

I get what your saying about Gesicki, while he’s not the most valuable chip we have on offense, he might’ve been the most consistent last year. I’ve always liked the kid going back to before his drafting, although I always preferred Goedert.

MG is a free agent next year and could be something an overkill signing if you extend him. That money could be allocated more prudently.

You can also use Gesicki to help yourself trade up from 18 or 36 to acquire another critical piece like starting OL, WR or RB, if you have Pitts already selected.

Zaven Collins having his pro day now. He's a player we should be looking at with 1-B

Unless someone like Smith (if we choose another weapon at 1A) or some other blue chip guy (Sewell, Parsons, Horn) falls; I see you as correct. He is the literal blueprint of Flores mold at LB.

Unless someone like Smith (if we choose another weapon at 1A) or some other blue chip guy (Sewell, Parsons, Horn) falls; I see you as correct. He is the literal blueprint of Flores mold at LB.
yeah he's a good fit for what Flores likes to do. of course like you said, this all hinges on who else is on the board.

yeah he's a good fit for what Flores likes to do. of course like you said, this all hinges on who else is on the board.
I think all three of Pitts, Chase, and Sewell are ahead of Parsons... even though I would agree that Parsons is probably Flores' preference.

I really think the team has bought into the notion that we have to add a weapon.

I think all three of Pitts, Chase, and Sewell are ahead of Parsons... even though I would agree that Parsons is probably Flores' preference.

I really think the team has bought into the notion that we have to add a weapon.
I'm glad they have bought into it because our skill players didn't scared any defenses last year.

I'm glad they have bought into it because our skill players didn't scared any defenses last year.
We didn't have a deep threat last year... now we do.
We didn't have a slot receiver last year... now we do.
Williams was really beginning to show as a #1 WR before that weird injury...

Yes, last year was bad, but this does imply that we are in the same boat as last year.

I'd rather we didn't draft a WR, but I'd be happier with Pitts.

We didn't have a deep threat last year... now we do.
We didn't have a slot receiver last year... now we do.
Williams was really beginning to show as a #1 WR before that weird injury...

Yes, last year was bad, but this does imply that we are in the same boat as last year.

I'd rather we didn't draft a WR, but I'd be happier with Pitts.
Well, last year we counted on players we should have never counted on. Parker with only one healthy season. Williams having missed 8 games in each of his two seasons. Wilson had come back from major surgery the year before and of course he opted out. Now we added Fuller on a one year deal and Parker,Williams and Wilson are all question marks so I'm not letting those 3 nor Fuller for drafting one of the top 3 weapons in this draft. I'd be totally fine with Pitts at 6 but if he's gone then I'd be totally fine with Chase or Smith. I know how you feel about drafting WR's early and it's ok. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Well, last year we counted on players we should have never counted on. Parker with only one healthy season. Williams having missed 8 games in each of his two seasons. Wilson had come back from major surgery the year before and of course he opted out. Now we added Fuller on a one year deal and Parker,Williams and Wilson are all question marks so I'm not letting those 3 nor Fuller for drafting one of the top 3 weapons in this draft. I'd be totally fine with Pitts at 6 but if he's gone then I'd be totally fine with Chase or Smith. I know how you feel about drafting WR's early and it's ok. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.
Obviously, I don't agree with you... but I do want to lay out a scenario where we might be wasting our resources here.

If Williams is healthy, he may well be our #1 receiver this point on. I am higher on him than probably anyone else on this board. Tua seemed to love him and he had 4 TDs in our first 8 games.

We can get a slot receiver to play behind Wilson in the second or third round... and resign Fuller (or tag him) for a deep threat.

I understand that you are not willing to risk that, but I think it's a decent bet, and that our lack of a pass rush and pass blocking are in much worse shape.

Obviously, I don't agree with you... but I do want to lay out a scenario where we might be wasting our resources here.

If Williams is healthy, he may well be our #1 receiver this point on. I am higher on him than probably anyone else on this board. Tua seemed to love him and he had 4 TDs in our first 8 games.

We can get a slot receiver to play behind Wilson in the second or third round... and resign Fuller (or tag him) for a deep threat.

I understand that you are not willing to risk that, but I think it's a decent bet, and that our lack of a pass rush and pass blocking are in much worse shape.
well, you'd be hoping for a lot to go right and with this team that doesn't happen often. Btw, I really like preston's potential. hoping he can come back and stay 100% healthy.

well, you'd be hoping for a lot to go right and with this team that doesn't happen often. Btw, I really like preston's potential. hoping he can come back and stay 100% healthy.
You are correct... I am suggesting that we take a risk, and I acknowledge that it is a risk... but the potential is there.

On the other side, we have no puss rushers... and no one waiting in the wings who might be good. Nor do we have any one waiting to be an Offensive linemen. Even if all three of the rookies excel, we are still short.

I also recognize that we'll probably take Chase or Pitts... and I'll be fine with that. I won't cry.

You are correct... I am suggesting that we take a risk, and I acknowledge that it is a risk... but the potential is there.

On the other side, we have no puss rushers... and no one waiting in the wings who might be good. Nor do we have any one waiting to be an Offensive linemen. Even if all three of the rookies excel, we are still short.

I also recognize that we'll probably take Chase or Pitts... and I'll be fine with that. I won't cry.

Our 18 pick will be defense. After doing a bit of research it appears a few teams interested to no surprise are the Lions, Steelers, and etc. In an interview recently Collins shared information on teams he has spoken to but there wasn't any mention of Miami. He might not be there at the 18th pick.

Back
Top Bottom