Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell

Our 18 pick will be defense. After doing a bit of research it appears a few teams interested to no surprise are the Lions, Steelers, and etc. In an interview recently Collins shared information on teams he has spoken to but there wasn't any mention of Miami. He might not be there at the 18th pick.
If we were to go Sewell, then Paye... some of these folks would lose their minds.

I'd get a 6 pack of dark beer, some snacks and laugh my butt off.

Bengals are stuck in a tough spot.

You go with the WR that Burrows had huge success with in CFB? Or the dominant TE from Florida that is a WR in a TE frame or do you go with the meat and potatoes pick with Sewell?
Personally, I think the LT is the correct play here. To me, it's way harder to find a blindside protector than it is to find a good receiver in the draft.

Pittsburgh has cheat codes when they draft receivers, as they seem to nail them in days 2 & 3.

I wouldn't be too upset if Miami took Slater at 6(or with trade down) if he was going to be our RT.
While I think I'm on the Pitts train I would prefer to get instant help with Tua and reducing the amount of hits he'll take. And there will be guys like Brevin Jordan-Pat Freiermuth at TE and still plenty to chose from at WR.
Bengals will pick Sewell or Chase. No idea what ATL will do.

To demonstrate how much opinions and views change, not just individually but also the mainstream, look no further than Penei Sewell.

The moment the Dolphins locked in the #3 pick late in the season, the overwhelming talk was “MIA has to take Sewell”. Lots of folks were convinced that Sewell would be the 1st non-QB off the board. And that no receiver or TE would go top 10, let alone top 5.

But fast forward a couple months and many don‘t even have Sewell in the top 5, let alone to MIA at 6. And many have Pitts and Chase going top 6.

If ATL and CIN pass on Sewell, how far might be drop?
MIA could take him, but the masses seem to believe Pitts, Chase, Smith, or Waddle are more likely at 6.

DET seems likely to go WR after losing Golladay. CAR, DEN and DAL don’t seem like the most likely of destinations at 8, 9 and 10 either.

I’ve read and heard receiver attached to NYG and Philly at 11 and 12 too.

Could Sewell possibly fall all the way down to SD at 13? Is that remotely possible??
ALL MEDIA DRIVEN, Anything read this time of the year is pure speculation or downright disinformation...always has been always will be

If we were to go Sewell, then Paye... some of these folks would lose their minds.

I'd get a 6 pack of dark beer, some snacks and laugh my butt off.

Sewell to me will be our pick if the front office has the type of mindset that we may use him as trade bait in the future. If Sewell ends up being better than tunsil then how many draft picks can we get?

Sewell to me will be our pick if the front office has the type of mindset that we may use him as trade bait in the future. If Sewell ends up being better than tunsil then how many draft picks can we get?
I'm sure they are looking at Sewell and Parsons if we pass on WRs... but I still expect the pick to be Chase or Pitts, I just don't see Atlanta taking either. They'll likely go defense, QB, or trade down.

They no longer have a serious need, they signed Riley Reiff to play right tackle and have Jonah Williams at left tackle. What they need are interior lineman and those will be available as will right tackles like Jalen Mayfield and Teven Jenkins in the second round. Pitts and Chase are very much in play with the Bengals @ 5.
Tevin Jenkins will go first round.

ATL is the wildcard. They could go wr, te, ol, or even defense. They could also trade the pick. CIN I think takes Sewell, need matches perfectly with BPA for them.

i still think they go qb, they still have Ryan but it’s not often your in a spot to grab a franchise qb without giving up the farm. Think either they go qb or they trade to a team that wants a qb. I don’t see how qb isn’t 4 of the top 5 picks.

I'm sure they are looking at Sewell and Parsons if we pass on WRs... but I still expect the pick to be Chase or Pitts, I just don't see Atlanta taking either. They'll likely go defense, QB, or trade down.
The biggest thing that bothers me is that the team feels complacent with our receivers. This is a trend that has not historically worked out for us in the last 2 decades. If this is true and if Pitts and CHase is available, we will take Pitts over chase.

The biggest thing that bothers me is that the team feels complacent with our receivers. This is a trend that has not historically worked out for us in the last 2 decades. If this is true and if Pitts and CHase is available, we will take Pitts over chase.
Well... *I* am complacent with these receivers... but I'm not sure that Grier is really.

We added a deep threat, and we REALLY missed Wilson last year. I'd take a WR, but not as high as other posters here. I think Pitts and Chase could be be stars... so, I'd take the risk. I just don't see it with Smith...

Last edited:
Well... *I* am complacent with these receivers... but I'm sure that Grier is really.

We added a deep threat, and we REALLY missed Wilson last year. I'd take a WR, but not as high as other posters here. I think Pitts and Chase could be be stars... so, I'd take the risk. I just don't see it with Smith...
And when I said I didn't mean it in a negative way. Just an observation because team chemistry is paramount. Biggest thing with receiver group is health. I am very hopeful of Preston Williams. And Parker might hit the door
sooner or later so Terrence Marshall jr would be a great addition.

By the way... I had meant to type I'm NOT sure that Grier is really.

I'm a horrible typist.

There are reports bengals Zac Taylor will be at the oregon pro day. He was also at the Florida pro day as well. I will be posting updates here in this thread as they come. Seems like the Bengals will be making a decision in between Pitts and Sewell. For those that want either player, sewell will have to really be a let down for Bengals to pass on him. Also, the Bengals supposably spoke with Chase multiple times. At pick 6 Miami will have plenty of choices in this deep draft.
If the Bungles pass on Sewell I predict Burrow won’t make it through the season. Again. That poor kid looked like he was standing in the middle of I-95 during rush hour last year. What’s the point of drafting a WR when he has no time to get open? It’s the Bengals though. SMH. Lol

Crazy talk I tell ya!

If not for all the QBs in this draft Sewell would be a lock for top 5. If for some reason Atlanta and Cincinnati pass, prepare yourself to hear Sewell at #6. Flo wants to run the ball. He’s not passing up Sewell.
Yes he is passing on him 100%. From hisvown mouth, “we need more playmakers.” Sewell isn’t a playmaker. Why do people ignore what our FO office says and does?

Back
Top Bottom