Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell

Agreed... Pitts is a unique target. He's tier one, and Freiermuth is tier three.

In general... picking him so early would be a reach, but I do think he has all-pro potential.

Now, as always... bad luck or an injury could wreck him, but the potential is there. He's a rare athlete with no attitude flags.

So if there is a surprise pick by Miami, which one would surprise you?

Heh! Yeah, I'm a trench guy... I think you win by slugging people in the mouth.

For the most part, I think you can win with offensive weapons selected later in the draft.

If I'm going to take an offensive weapon... I want big, I want fast, I want 95% scores. Pitts qualifies... Chase almost qualifies... The others do not, if you are a prototype guy... and I am.
You make a good point.
So out of curiosity, who are 5 offensive skill position players you would select- that would have you the most hyped- if they were taken round 2 or later? WR, RB, CB, EDGE type guys.

We talked about Marshall Jr in round two for the longest. And I said in other threads that we can look for other skilled players in the 2nd round. Pitts is probably the only guys we cannot get in the 2nd round since he is arguably unique in every way. He's that girlfriend you keep and don't come home drunk to.

The way I’ve been thinking is you’ll probably see another Chase, Waddle , Smith and MAYBE Sewell. I’m not sure we’ll see another specimen like Pitts for a very long time. So Pitts and Sewell are probably my preferences now.

We are all beginning to say almost the same thing. But someone's day gonna be ****ed up in the draft. Don't take this post serious guys lol.

we expect

1. Jags Larence
2. Jets WIlson
3. SF Justin Fields
4. Falcons Defensive Pick/ Trade down
5. Sewell
6. Pitts

We get:

4. Sewell
5. Paye/ parsons
6. Trey Lance

LMFAO, who remembers the Cam Cameron draft? Everyone expecting all these players but we got Ted Ginn.
I'll never forget how I was feeling when Cam Cameron gave his presser and tried to blunt some of the anger. He only made it worse for me.

Yeah, you think he will be a tackle in the league?
Yeah...

He'll be a tackle in this league. I'm not as high on him as others because I watched the Auburn game and Oregon's o-line was good, but they (including him) weren't as vaunted as the press would have you believe at the time...

I'd take him over the other tackles in this draft if I needed a tackle.

Penei Sewell
Height: 6'4 7/8"
Weight: 331 lbs
Hand: 10 3/8"
Arm length: 33 1/4"
40: 5.09
Vert: 28”
Bench: 30 reps
3-cone: 7.80

He is an excellent athlete for a 331 guy, no doubt he can play, but these are not first round numbers, nor tackle numbers, taking into account arm length as well. Looks like an awesome guard to me. Too bad he did not play guard.

Penei Sewell
Height: 6'4 7/8"
Weight: 331 lbs
Hand: 10 3/8"
Arm length: 33 1/4"
40: 5.09
Vert: 28”
Bench: 30 reps
3-cone: 7.80

He is an excellent athlete for a 331 guy, no doubt he can play, but these are not first round numbers, nor tackle numbers, taking into account arm length as well. Looks like an awesome guard to me. Too bad he did not play guard.
That's been the take on this kid for quite some time now. And he could be an excellent Pro G.

But he's at least questionable as a certified NFL LT.

And VERY QUESTIONABLE as some kind of elite Pro OT.

The class is deep at tackle, but then again so is every draft lol. After the Dolphins made a billion draft picks from Tunsil, The dolphins might be tempted to draft Sewell if he happens to be there. Last year even though Andrew Thomas was horrible against the pass, overall the class did well. We are expecting Jackson to step up his game.
I think Miami grabs a center in round 2 and that’s it for oline. They have to give that group a chance. They can revisit next draft if either tackle doesn’t look the part. I’m pretty confident they did not trade back up for anything but a receiver.

That's been the take on this kid for quite some time now. And he could be an excellent Pro G.

But he's at least questionable as a certified NFL LT.

And VERY QUESTIONABLE as some kind of elite Pro OT.

Id take him at 6 to play G for us. I would revamp the Oline in this draft. Id target Landon Young and Spencer Brown for bookends. And if it has to start with a G at 6 so be it.

IMHO, Pitts is an exceptional prospect ... but lots of great prospects do not become the player their potential suggests. TE is one of the most different positions in the NFL compared to college. There are a lot of busts and even more guys who become good but not great.

In terms of athlete, we can't really consider Pitt's 40 time as legit because it's a hand-timed Pro Day time. Those are typically 0.1 seconds faster than an actual laser timed Combine event. That translates to a 4.54 forty ... which is pretty close to Mike Gesicki's time. While awesome, it's a far cry from Vernon Davis's sub-4.4 forty. And while Davis became a good TE ... he's nowhere near the talent of Rob Gronkowski ... or even Jimmy Graham in his heyday. Great athletics is only part of what it takes to become a great player.

I love Pitts as a prospect, but I'm not putting him in Canton for his collegiate achievements. If we did that, we'd all be dreaming about the next Aundray Bruce or Vernon Gholston. When OJ Howard came out we heard the same thing ... revolutionize the position. At the end of the day, we have a top notch TE in Gesicki, and if we give up on him just as he's starting to realize his potential we'll be robbing this team of some very good talent. I'd rather complement Gesicki with a WR#1 like Ja'Marr Chase. There are only so many seam routes a team can run, and Gesicki + Pitts would mean they simply alternated rather than added. At the X position, I'm taking Chase over Gesicki and Pitts. At the seam threat position, I'll take Gesicki or Pitts ... they're both exceptional.

People told me I was wrong about Travis Kelce ... but look at him now. Kid is living up to his potential and in a great offense for him, and doing quite well. I always knew he would.
Comparing Pitts to Howard is laughable

Back
Top Bottom