Our new logo is better than several others at NFL. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new logo is better than several others at NFL.

Our new logo is better than...

• Patriots?

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • Bills?

Votes: 86 47.0%
  • Jets?

Votes: 144 78.7%
  • Packers?

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • Cowboys?

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Jaguars?

Votes: 95 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What doesn't grow in me is that darn tail. It seems like the logo is everywhere than just focused on one area.

The tail doesn't bother me at all, nor does the missing helmet. Really the only thing I would've liked to see is more of a scowl on the dolphin like the one that I think Ellerbe had posted a few weeks back.

A lot of haters on this board. I feel like we still have one of the top five logos in the NFL.

It's naive to think that the organization didn't commission a professional graphic identity/packaging design group to modify and contemporize the existing logo and then have them run focus groups to discuss each possible iteration and what it meant to them. As a former Mktg exec for both a Fortune 500 consumer durable products mfr and leading national financial services organization, I've both commissioned and monitored a number of these focus groups as well as more quantifiable research. My guess is that when assorting the focus groups, the club's agency went to its bread-and-butter, season ticket holders to elicit their opinions and that either the end result was deemed the best modern representation or incorporated/synthesized the elements the that most resonated with the focus groups.

Long way of saying, I would be hard pressed to believe that a decision to go with this or any logo revision (and resulting uni redesign) was made in a vacuum, and that it does best reflect the sentiments of a representative group of the Fin's "paying customers," whether any of us subjectively like it or not. :idk:

The Bengals have the best uniforms in the league, imo. Best helmet and right up there with the best colors. I've also always had a spot for Chicago's uniform and colors, which are similarly Halloween-like. I've lived in Illinois twice, though, so that's probably part of it. Also a fan of Kansas City, Oakland, Indy, and Carolina. Atlanta is in there as well.

The worst uniforms in the league belong to the Broncos. The new versions are hardly better than the hideous old ones. St. Louis also is terrible. Dark yellow and and dark blue? They look like giant bruises running around. Never liked Green Bay (depite the history) or Philly. Likewise the Jets, who's colors are the most corporate in the league (Leon Hess owned the Jets as well as being the founder of Hess gas stations). Seattle's uniforms are utterly nondescript. Every team that goes with red, white and blue makes me want to gag. Minnesota is the one that leaves me the most conflicted. I love the helmet design but purple is... purple.

The Bengals have the best uniforms in the league, imo. Best helmet and right up there with the best colors. I've also always had a spot for Chicago's uniform and colors, which are similarly Halloween-like. I've lived in Illinois twice, though, so that's probably part of it. Also a fan of Kansas City, Oakland, Indy, and Carolina. Atlanta is in there as well.

The worst uniforms in the league belong to the Broncos. The new versions are hardly better than the hideous old ones. St. Louis also is terrible. Dark yellow and and dark blue? They look like giant bruises running around. Never liked Green Bay (depite the history) or Philly. Likewise the Jets, who's colors are the most corporate in the league (Leon Hess owned the Jets as well as being the founder of Hess gas stations). Seattle's uniforms are utterly nondescript. Every team that goes with red, white and blue makes me want to gag. Minnesota is the one that leaves me the most conflicted. I love the helmet design but purple is... purple.

Green Bay have the best uniform in the league by a long way!

IMO, it only looks better then Cleveland's and Washington.
So, I would say 30th out of 32 teams

Last years would've been easily top 10. Not so much with this one

I really don't care if the new logo is better than other logos. The question is, "Is our new logo better than our old logo?" I say, "No."

My favorite uniform is that throwback Redskin jersey the Redskins used last year. They looked great. The Dolphins uniforms are just way too predictable. White on white, or aqua on white...not much creativity. Hopefully these new uniforms will spice it up a bit. I remember we had aqua pants, at one point, try something different.

One of the worst in the NFL. Would take any other poll option.

Sir, I have pretty much liked ALL of the new logos and didn't have a problem with any of the teams old logos. My thoughts were that the NFL has done a decent job of its logos and marketing items. In fact, the new stuff has elevated their teams for the most part. NFL logos are all OK to good.

But this new Dolphins logo looks significantly worse to me than all of the other NFL logos.

I'm not trying to cause a fuss. But, please stop questioning my opinion. I dislike this logo quite alot. If you like it, fine, tthat's your opinion and I respect it. Please allow me the same courtesy.

If you think a logo doesn't matter, fine, that's your choice.

But to me, this is a visceral representation of my team. It is the symbol and representative embodyment of the team I love. If I wholeheartedly deteste the look of it, I think I'm within my rights to be disappointed and voice my opinion.

Yes, I don't like it. Yes it is the worst logo in the NFL IMHO.

Really? All that typing....really? Just kidding. You're welcome to your own opinion.

I don't think it is better than any listed in that poll. The classic 70s/80s version? that's a different story.

I don't think it is better than any listed in that poll. The classic 70s/80s version? that's a different story.

The old logos may be retro and represent success, but they are horrible.

Back
Top Bottom