Our new logo is better than several others at NFL. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new logo is better than several others at NFL.

Our new logo is better than...

• Patriots?

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • Bills?

Votes: 86 47.0%
  • Jets?

Votes: 144 78.7%
  • Packers?

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • Cowboys?

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Jaguars?

Votes: 95 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be great if someone could post up a poll on how people like the new logo, after the hall of fame game, or if there are some good pictures of the uniforms/logos during training camp. Just curious what the ratio will be after the initial shock is over.

What doesn't grow in me is that darn tail. It seems like the logo is everywhere than just focused on one area.

I think if the sun burst were larger the tail would look much better. I don't like it but I'm over it. Just win.

It's terrible.....gayer than semen on a goatee

My quick take on every helmet/uniform in the league:

Cardinals - ****ty arena league jerseys. I hate jerseys with the wings. I also prefer their old logo, but I don't really like either. The color combo isn't terrible. Just poor execution. Red > White
Falcons - Very poor uniforms and logo. Clunky logo, tacky uniforms. It's sad because their old black and red helmets with white or black jerseys were among the best in the league. Black > White
Ravens - I really like the the purple they use, but the logo sucks, and the numbers suck. Purple > Black
Bills - One of the best in the league. They really pop. The logo is big enough for the white helmet to work, and the classing striping and numbering - with the red trim on the numbers - is well conceived. Blue = White
Panthers - Awful logo, awful uniform detail. It's a shame, because black and light blue have a lot of potential. The pants are especially bad, but that big shoulder stripe looks like dog ****. Black > White
Bears - pretty classy. Not a huge fan of helmets with letters or a letter for the logo, but the uniforms themselves are really nice. The white look especially good. White > Blue
Bengals - Awesome helmets. Just the best. But they have some of the worst, costume-looking uniforms in the league. Awesome colors and helmets pretty much wasted. Black > White
Browns - Best combo in the league. Great colors, great, classic execution. They should NEVER change them. Brown = White
Cowboys - Never been a fan of silver on uniforms. Can't think of any that I really like. For me, they're pretty good. The colors are whatever, but I like the clean design of both the helmet and uniform. Blue > White
Broncos - The details kill this thing. The pointy stripe on the helmet, the wings on the jersey and pants, and the blue versions just look like a mess. If they cleaned up the design, the orange uniforms would look really good with the helmet. From far away, they look good. Orange > Blue
Lions - The colors and logo suck. The detail work is fine. White > blue
Packers - Great uniforms. OK helmets. Again with the letters. But good colors and classic design.
Texans - Terrible logo, terrible design, and the blue uniforms with the blue helmets - like the Broncos - looks terrible. The white uniforms look good from a distance. White > Blue
Colts - Cool logo, and, again, I like that they're clean, but I think they could do something with the stitching to make them pop, and the arms stripes are a little goofy looking.
Jaguars - What can you say? White > Black
Chiefs - Very cool uniforms. Just wish they'd remove the KC from the arrowhead. Red = White
Dolphins - Well, I like the shift toward the original colors. I think Miami's uniforms/helmet/logo from '74-'89 were among the best two or three in the league. I can't comment on the new uniforms, but the new logo isn't good. It's better than the Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Falcons, Panthers, Cardinals, Ravens, Lions, and it's similarly bad to a few others (like the Patriots). Hope the uniforms are good.
Vikings - Awesome helmets. ****ing wings on the uniforms. I like the purple, white, and yellow. Would like to see them make their home uniforms yellow instead of purple, because the purple on purple has a bad effect similar to the blue on blue for the Broncos and Texans. I also prefer the lighter shade of purple they used in the past. White > Purple
Patriots - Not a fan. Too busy. But of the busy uniforms with silly shoulder stripes, they're among the best . . . not that it counts for much. White > Blue
Saints - Solid helmet. The black-on-black is boring, but the white looks solid. I prefer the throwbacks. White > Black
Giants - Even though they weren't very good, I miss the uniforms and helmets from the 80s and early 90s. Speaking of present day, the white uniforms look really good. The helmets (again with the lettering) are boring, and the blue uniforms look bad. White > Blue
Jets - Ugly helmet. White tops with green pants is their best current look, but it's just OK. White > Green.
Raiders - Great logo, great uniforms. Best use of silver. The black jerseys and silver pants are top notch. Black > White
Eagles - Just bad all around. I'm a pretty big fan of the look with the solid silver wing and lighter green. Wish they'd return. White > Green
Steelers - I like Pittsburgh's helmet and uniform concept. I don't mind the logo only being on one side either. Good balance with the black, gold, and white. Black = White
Chargers - Solid logo, solid uniforms. The powder blues with the white helmets is the best look, but the white uniforms with the dark blue helmets looks pretty good too. Powder Blue > White
49ers - Have the same problem with the helmet lettering that I do with some other teams, but I think their get up is underrated. The gold/red/white looks great, and they keep the details clean. The gold helmet with gold pants really pop with either the red or white jerseys. Red = White
Seahawks - Mixed emotions. I like the use of neon green. I don't like all the detail work. And the blue uniforms with the blue helmets - again - doesn't work for me. Gray > White > Blue
Rams - Classic helmet design. Terrible color and uniform updates. White > Blue
Buccaneers - The old logo might have sucked, but so does the new one, and the old uniforms looked a lot better. The orange/white/red actually looked really good, and living near Tampa, made a lot more sense for the area and its history. When I was a kid, I thought the update was awesome. Now, I think it's sad. Red = White
Titans - Let's just remember that this used to be the Oilers, owners of maybe the best uniforms in NFL history. Right up there near the top. The Titans have THE WORST helmet uniform combination in the league. It's all bad. Blue > White
Redskins - I do take issue with the mascot selection, but these are damn fine uniforms. Color/logo/stylistic choices. All spot on. One of the best in the league. The caveat is that they don't work nearly as well without the yellow pants, and that goes for red and white. Red = White

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm not saying anything new here, but there is not one time I look at that Redskins logo and can fathom how it still hasn't been changed. While the image itself isn't bad, the combo with the team name throws it into a stratosphere of ridicule that is insane. Toss in the fact that it is the team in our nations capital and anyone new to America can quickly see that the whole "we are a nation that welcomes many diverse people" sounds nice, but boy that wasn't the case in our nations grisly past.

That serious point aside, I would do anything to see Cleveland bring back that elf logo. That thing was swagger in a logo.

My quick take on every helmet/uniform in the league:

Cardinals - ****ty arena league jerseys. I hate jerseys with the wings. I also prefer their old logo, but I don't really like either. The color combo isn't terrible. Just poor execution. Red > White
Falcons - Very poor uniforms and logo. Clunky logo, tacky uniforms. It's sad because their old black and red helmets with white or black jerseys were among the best in the league. Black > White
Ravens - I really like the the purple they use, but the logo sucks, and the numbers suck. Purple > Black
Bills - One of the best in the league. They really pop. The logo is big enough for the white helmet to work, and the classing striping and numbering - with the red trim on the numbers - is well conceived. Blue = White
Panthers - Awful logo, awful uniform detail. It's a shame, because black and light blue have a lot of potential. The pants are especially bad, but that big shoulder stripe looks like dog ****. Black > White
Bears - pretty classy. Not a huge fan of helmets with letters or a letter for the logo, but the uniforms themselves are really nice. The white look especially good. White > Blue
Bengals - Awesome helmets. Just the best. But they have some of the worst, costume-looking uniforms in the league. Awesome colors and helmets pretty much wasted. Black > White
Browns - Best combo in the league. Great colors, great, classic execution. They should NEVER change them. Brown = White
Cowboys - Never been a fan of silver on uniforms. Can't think of any that I really like. For me, they're pretty good. The colors are whatever, but I like the clean design of both the helmet and uniform. Blue > White
Broncos - The details kill this thing. The pointy stripe on the helmet, the wings on the jersey and pants, and the blue versions just look like a mess. If they cleaned up the design, the orange uniforms would look really good with the helmet. From far away, they look good. Orange > Blue
Lions - The colors and logo suck. The detail work is fine. White > blue
Packers - Great uniforms. OK helmets. Again with the letters. But good colors and classic design.
Texans - Terrible logo, terrible design, and the blue uniforms with the blue helmets - like the Broncos - looks terrible. The white uniforms look good from a distance. White > Blue
Colts - Cool logo, and, again, I like that they're clean, but I think they could do something with the stitching to make them pop, and the arms stripes are a little goofy looking.
Jaguars - What can you say? White > Black
Chiefs - Very cool uniforms. Just wish they'd remove the KC from the arrowhead. Red = White
Dolphins - Well, I like the shift toward the original colors. I think Miami's uniforms/helmet/logo from '74-'89 were among the best two or three in the league. I can't comment on the new uniforms, but the new logo isn't good. It's better than the Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Falcons, Panthers, Cardinals, Ravens, Lions, and it's similarly bad to a few others (like the Patriots). Hope the uniforms are good.
Vikings - Awesome helmets. ****ing wings on the uniforms. I like the purple, white, and yellow. Would like to see them make their home uniforms yellow instead of purple, because the purple on purple has a bad effect similar to the blue on blue for the Broncos and Texans. I also prefer the lighter shade of purple they used in the past. White > Purple
Patriots - Not a fan. Too busy. But of the busy uniforms with silly shoulder stripes, they're among the best . . . not that it counts for much. White > Blue
Saints - Solid helmet. The black-on-black is boring, but the white looks solid. I prefer the throwbacks. White > Black
Giants - Even though they weren't very good, I miss the uniforms and helmets from the 80s and early 90s. Speaking of present day, the white uniforms look really good. The helmets (again with the lettering) are boring, and the blue uniforms look bad. White > Blue
Jets - Ugly helmet. White tops with green pants is their best current look, but it's just OK. White > Green.
Raiders - Great logo, great uniforms. Best use of silver. The black jerseys and silver pants are top notch. Black > White
Eagles - Just bad all around. I'm a pretty big fan of the look with the solid silver wing and lighter green. Wish they'd return. White > Green
Steelers - I like Pittsburgh's helmet and uniform concept. I don't mind the logo only being on one side either. Good balance with the black, gold, and white. Black = White
Chargers - Solid logo, solid uniforms. The powder blues with the white helmets is the best look, but the white uniforms with the dark blue helmets looks pretty good too. Powder Blue > White
49ers - Have the same problem with the helmet lettering that I do with some other teams, but I think their get up is underrated. The gold/red/white looks great, and they keep the details clean. The gold helmet with gold pants really pop with either the red or white jerseys. Red = White
Seahawks - Mixed emotions. I like the use of neon green. I don't like all the detail work. And the blue uniforms with the blue helmets - again - doesn't work for me. Gray > White > Blue
Rams - Classic helmet design. Terrible color and uniform updates. White > Blue
Buccaneers - The old logo might have sucked, but so does the new one, and the old uniforms looked a lot better. The orange/white/red actually looked really good, and living near Tampa, made a lot more sense for the area and its history. When I was a kid, I thought the update was awesome. Now, I think it's sad. Red = White
Titans - Let's just remember that this used to be the Oilers, owners of maybe the best uniforms in NFL history. Right up there near the top. The Titans have THE WORST helmet uniform combination in the league. It's all bad. Blue > White
Redskins - I do take issue with the mascot selection, but these are damn fine uniforms. Color/logo/stylistic choices. All spot on. One of the best in the league. The caveat is that they don't work nearly as well without the yellow pants, and that goes for red and white. Red = White

The Browns are changing their uniforms next year unfortunately

It was quite the visual he had in his head huh?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Well I'd think that if one was to imagine that scenario they're either talking from personal encounters or they like thinking about those things. To each his own.

Actually, it's all subjective as perception is reality :idk:
Here's mine:

11vk4uu-1.jpg

We mostly agree, except I think the new Jags logo is pretty bad and I have a bit more love for the classics than you (Steelers, Packers, Cowboys). I liked our old logo better, but this one isnt terrible. Not close to being on the Raiders, Eagles or Bucs level though.

The Bengals have the best uniforms in the league, imo. Best helmet and right up there with the best colors. I've also always had a spot for Chicago's uniform and colors, which are similarly Halloween-like. I've lived in Illinois twice, though, so that's probably part of it. Also a fan of Kansas City, Oakland, Indy, and Carolina. Atlanta is in there as well.

The worst uniforms in the league belong to the Broncos. The new versions are hardly better than the hideous old ones. St. Louis also is terrible. Dark yellow and and dark blue? They look like giant bruises running around. Never liked Green Bay (depite the history) or Philly. Likewise the Jets, who's colors are the most corporate in the league (Leon Hess owned the Jets as well as being the founder of Hess gas stations). Seattle's uniforms are utterly nondescript. Every team that goes with red, white and blue makes me want to gag. Minnesota is the one that leaves me the most conflicted. I love the helmet design but purple is... purple.

Totally disagree on the Eagles. I love their logo and I think their unis, especially the alternates, are great.

Although I think we took a step backwards with the new logo,Our Helmet logo is still better than the Browns which is pretty much nothing, Bears which is a big letter C ,Colts is a horse shoe, Giants is just NY.So the people out there saying our's is the worse in the NFL is just overly upset with the new logo but not really looking at what other teams have.

I'm just hoping the Uniforms make up for the slight drop in the helmet design.

Back
Top Bottom