Our new offensive line | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new offensive line

The issue I have is the assumption that Ereck Flowers will continue to ascend as an OG, after showing we was capable for 8 games playing LG in 2019. There is no guarantee he'll continue. After all Flowers pretty much stunk up the NFL before signing with Washington. Jackson is very raw. While talented he's going to need seasoning and experience to hopefully reach his enormous potential as a LT. Hunt has been lauded by many NFL Draft talking heads as a plug and play, player with huge upside. As a matter of fact, Grier said, he received several calls from other executives telling him he was their target and congratulated him. But Hunt is also raw as can be. He's an extremely aggressive player, which Miami has lacked.

Kindley has a lot of solid traits but he too has some question marks. I love all the physical brand of Offensive Line play that Jackson, Hunt and Kindley bring to Miami. Lord knows they've had a bunch of wimps playing along the OL. It just might take some time for it all to come together? Hopefully sooner rather than later. Because if it doesn't, Miami is back to square one.

There is no Bill Callahan coaching these kids and that's got me somewhat worried.

The OL coach is going to be so critical, and your correct, we have a total unknown.

The issue I have is the assumption that Ereck Flowers will continue to ascend as an OG, after showing we was capable for 8 games playing LG in 2019. There is no guarantee he'll continue. After all Flowers pretty much stunk up the NFL before signing with Washington. Jackson is very raw. While talented he's going to need seasoning and experience to hopefully reach his enormous potential as a LT. Hunt has been lauded by many NFL Draft talking heads as a plug and play, player with huge upside. As a matter of fact, Grier said, he received several calls from other executives telling him he was their target and congratulated him. But Hunt is also raw as can be. He's an extremely aggressive player, which Miami has lacked.

Kindley has a lot of solid traits but he too has some question marks. I love all the physical brand of Offensive Line play that Jackson, Hunt and Kindley bring to Miami. Lord knows they've had a bunch of wimps playing along the OL. It just might take some time for it all to come together? Hopefully sooner rather than later. Because if it doesn't, Miami is back to square one.

There is no Bill Callahan coaching these kids and that's got me somewhat worried.

Yeah...

Steve Marshall doesn't exactly inspire oodles of confidence. I think OL coach
is the single most important position coach on the team -- and having a great one
makes a huge difference! Can Marshall be a "good one?"

I sure hope so...

But it's another one of those "yet to be determined" on a team with lots of ??????

Flowers, Davis, and Karras are all stopgap players. I think they're all pretty much guaranteed starting spots this season but beyond that the hope is some of these kids take over. To me Flowers is just a slightly more expensive draft pick with a bit more tape on him.

As long as they get something from all these picks they're not going to be back at square one. Even if they're only replacement level players its a win if 3 of them are starting in 2021. But they do need them to be at least that......if 2019 showed exactly what Dieter is going to be and only one of Jackson, Hunt and Kindley works out then it will be a wasted investment and poor Tua will be running for his life.

The Coaching and development of Hunt, Jackson and Kindley is crutial. The continued improvement of Flowers is critical, as well. It be nice to see growth and the ability to solidify the unit early on. Lord knows Tua is going to need that.

Crazy how some people are assuming this is an improvement to last year. How do we know? These guys are rookies we have no idea how they’ll be. If any of you think Jackson is solid I suggest you go watch some of his so called “highlight” films. Homeboy looks bad and these are supposed to be highlights. We have no idea how these guys pan out. I’m hoping for the best
Perhaps it's possible that after what he went through, Jackson is not yet a finished product? You are correct they are rookies but I'm pretty sure Wirfs, Thomas, etc are rookies too. We don't know how they will pan out. Btw..even the biggest Jackson detractors think he COULD be an all pro. And if you don't think the O-line is better, look at some of the games from last year. Specifically 1-10. PEW

If this is our "new" line, then we're going to get Tua killed for certain. Jackson is a 1st rounder, but he's at least a year away. Hunt may never be NFL caliber, IMHO. We're banking on one good year from Flowers, but he looks to be our best returning OL. Davis is probably our most reliable ... wow, that's scary stuff.

I honestly cannot believe we spent a 1st, 2nd, and 4th on OL, and will have zero new starters in 2020, and may not even have improved our OL. It's an absolutely horrible OL draft. I have hope for Jackson, but he's a down-the-road guy. Kindley can play, but he's not dominant, and he's the 4th rounder. Hunt ... I think was a bad pick . Ugh.

While some teams continue to build solid OL, the Miami Dolphins continue to throw draft picks away along the OL.
you must be trolling.......

Asking for a friend is what the draft is all about. Nah, given how this front office just squandered this draft capital ... there will be no loans, sorry brother.

Fingers crossed Tua holds up, or this may be Coach Flo's last year.

This is so idiotic it's funny.

The issue I have is the assumption that Ereck Flowers will continue to ascend as an OG, after showing we was capable for 8 games playing LG in 2019. There is no guarantee he'll continue. After all Flowers pretty much stunk up the NFL before signing with Washington.

Flowers stunk up the NFL at Tackle.

He played capably last season when he was moved to Guard.

We will play him at Guard.

It would be awesome if he "continues to ascend" (and I expect he will improve at Guard in year two), but I am fine with "capable" Guard play.

Understandable.
I go the other route thou. Whoever is our RT of the future put him there immediately. Learn the position while either fitz or Rosen starts. When the line gels...put Tua in!
I prefer Hunt to win the RT spot...would be a big advantage going forward. I just get the feeling he may end up inside.

Hell, we have comp and actual interesting comp on the o-line going into camp. Kindley, Dieter, Flowers, Karras, Hunt all potentially fighting for spots on the inside. Hunt vs Davis on the outside...Find a good starting find and 3 good depth options.

I wonder how influential in development of our rookies TK is going to be. He is betting on himself with a one year prove it deal. He needs to guys next to him to produce for his benefit. I'm liking his FA deal a lot right now.

I was watching this video all excited about Raekown Davis and then I got to 4:10 and was like woah. Robert Hunt is a big MFer

Asking for a friend is what the draft is all about. Nah, given how this front office just squandered this draft capital ... there will be no loans, sorry brother.

Fingers crossed Tua holds up, or this may be Coach Flo's last year.
If Adam Gaze got 3 years, Flores is gonna see at least 4 lol. Cam Cameron is the only coach we've had the last 15 year's, who didn't make it to a 2nd or more season. Coach Flo will ready the troops....

I'm sure of it!

It's pretty obvious what an influence Flores had on the draft & Greir.

There were really NO PROJECTIONS this draft.

It seemed like lots of times more than half the guys drafted seemed like projections in past drafts.

Flores worked as a scout when he started with the pats.

He sure as hell has a better eye for talent than the last few head coaches we've had here.

Back
Top Bottom