Our new offensive line | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new offensive line

Would you pay Tunsil 22 million a year for the next 3 years. I did not think so.

Jackson may be the RT would TUA plays.

LT Flowers Karras Hunt Jackson
TUA
Davis is a backup. I think we still need a starting OT.

Here's my hope for the season

LT: Jackson, Davis
LG: Flowers, Deiter
C: Karras, Deiter
RG: Kindley, Davis
RT: Hunt, Davis

I'm not listing anyone but those 7. Yes, we will carry 8 or 9, and Isidora or Calhoun might stick... but I'm hoping that they get beaten out by one of the UDFAs.

...and yes, starting three rookies is a HUGE risk (as I was frequently told before the draft when I predicted they'd draft like this), but as it has been said... we are not competing to win the Lombardi trophy THIS year. We'll take our lumps in order to make these guys better.

Next year, we might... might take one more Offensive lineman early, but if these guys gel... we can go all Ferraris (as Largo would say).

Let’s just hope these rookies aren’t another Michael Dieter

I didn't think it was possible but I'm all on board with 5 new starters. 3 rookies. That's why fitz is here. Do it. Gel it. Tua it.

I wouldn’t mind bringing in DJ Fluker to training camp to compete. I wouldn’t want this draft to have so little experience. DJ Fluker brings competition and experience, something we don’t really have. At 29, I can’t imagine he would be expensive either. Think it would be a rewarding move for the entire o-line during camp

All due respect, you are dead wrong on this and its simply because he’s a name you aren't familiar with from a small school in Louisiana.

Outside of Tua, Robert Hunt was our best pick.
That's not the reason. I just don't think he can pass block nor do I think his technique is sound. He just kinda flops around. He wins because he is tremendously bigger and more athletic than his opposition, and I don't see the traits that say he can be a successful small-school transition project. Yes, some people said he can play now. Even Daniel Jeramiah called him "plug and play." I simply don't see it. I see a guy who will get his QB killed. That doesn't sit well with me considering we just bet the future on a QB who has had a lot of injury issues and loves to extend pass plays. Hunt scares me, because the thing holding Tua back is injuries, and I see Hunt as a guy to expose a play-extending QB very often.

I appreciate your disagreement, and it's all good brother. But, you mentioned "with all due respect" and I gotta admit, all I could think about was this Ricky Bobby clip. :D

Maybe one of the UDFAs with good chance to make the team will be Benito Jones NT.

Which 9 OL make the team outside of the years draft picks.
Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley, Flowers and Karras are sure bets. Which other 4 OL make it?

That's not the reason. I just don't think he can pass block nor do I think his technique is sound. He just kinda flops around. He wins because he is tremendously bigger and more athletic than his opposition, and I don't see the traits that say he can be a successful small-school transition project. Yes, some people said he can play now. Even Daniel Jeramiah called him "plug and play." I simply don't see it. I see a guy who will get his QB killed. That doesn't sit well with me considering we just bet the future on a QB who has had a lot of injury issues and loves to extend pass plays. Hunt scares me, because the thing holding Tua back is injuries, and I see Hunt as a guy to expose a play-extending QB very often.

I appreciate your disagreement, and it's all good brother. But, you mentioned "with all due respect" and I gotta admit, all I could think about was this Ricky Bobby clip. :D

LOL.

All good man.

I think this guy has Larry Allen upside. He may start out at guard and then move to OT. Who knows. Of course he’s got some technical stuff to clean up.

Unbelievable talent and mean streak though.

I’m guessing:
Jackson Flowers Karras Hunt Davis

I think a playoff OL needs Davis on bench as rotational Tackle/ Guard. Basically your #6.
I think best case we have to upgrade Center and RT.
Not sure about Kindley we shall see.
Maybe he slides into LG or RG.

I’d be worried about the tackle situation most of all. That and active 2 deep pivot but that probably can be righted.

tackle situation barring Austin Jackson showing he’s ahead of schedule from college screams to me cheap vet insurance signing.

not much right tackle depth either.

Would you pay Tunsil 22 million a year for the next 3 years. I did not think so.

Jackson may be the RT would TUA plays.

LT Flowers Karras Hunt Jackson
TUA
Davis is a backup. I think we still need a starting OT.

Yep, He's a pro bowl LT.

I’d be worried about the tackle situation most of all. That and active 2 deep pivot but that probably can be righted.

tackle situation barring Austin Jackson showing he’s ahead of schedule from college screams to me cheap vet insurance signing.

not much right tackle depth either.

Expect Jackson to start right away, we don't have a choice.

I'm not happy with the value we got at a lot of picks but I feel good that we really made an investment in the line. I think somewhere we're gonna find we missed a star at RB with the guys who fell, but if we come out of this with a productive o-line that's gonna be something good.

Back
Top Bottom