Our new offensive line | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new offensive line

If this is our "new" line, then we're going to get Tua killed for certain. Jackson is a 1st rounder, but he's at least a year away. Hunt may never be NFL caliber, IMHO. We're banking on one good year from Flowers, but he looks to be our best returning OL. Davis is probably our most reliable ... wow, that's scary stuff.

I honestly cannot believe we spent a 1st, 2nd, and 4th on OL, and will have zero new starters in 2020, and may not even have improved our OL. It's an absolutely horrible OL draft. I have hope for Jackson, but he's a down-the-road guy. Kindley can play, but he's not dominant, and he's the 4th rounder. Hunt ... I think was a bad pick . Ugh.

While some teams continue to build solid OL, the Miami Dolphins continue to throw draft picks away along the OL.
I think you are over estimating the quality of the OL last year. Jackson starts day one. So does Hunt. Karras starts at center and Flowers at LG where they both played above average last year. Jackson was a junior and a 1st round pick. Just because he will improve because he is young, that doesn't mean he will suck out the gate. With Deiter, Kindley, Flowers and Davis and Hunt, that's 5 good linemen for 3 spots. That means depth. Yes the young guys will need to develop and will improve. But it's still the best deepest OL the Dolphins have had in many years.

I think flowers is going to play left tackle... the rookie Austin Jackson plays right tackle as Tuas blind side.. I don’t really know we’re still 1 tackle short. Much better than last year but still bottom 16. Just closer to 16 than 32
Flowers will be the LG. Jackson and Hunt will be the starting tackles unless somehow Davis beats out Hunt. Then Hunt would slide over to RG. But considering Hunt was drafted that high to be the RT, he will be given every chance. He is a beast in the run game and only gave up 2 sacks last season in 602 pass attempts. The battles will mostly be at the guard positions IMO.

Let's not be surprised if Julien Davenport gets first crack at one of the Tackle spots.

Win or lose, he's your starting or back up LT or RT.

I still can't believe we gave $20M guaranteed and to Erek Flowers. We still need a C and RT in 2021.
Karras is only 27 and ascending. Let's see how Hunt develops at RT before we assume he won't. He will be a major plus in the run game at RT day one. Kindley would do the same at RG. I'm not saying that's where they will play day one. But if they did, the run game would improve dramatically over last season.

If this is our "new" line, then we're going to get Tua killed for certain. Jackson is a 1st rounder, but he's at least a year away. Hunt may never be NFL caliber, IMHO. We're banking on one good year from Flowers, but he looks to be our best returning OL. Davis is probably our most reliable ... wow, that's scary stuff.

I honestly cannot believe we spent a 1st, 2nd, and 4th on OL, and will have zero new starters in 2020, and may not even have improved our OL. It's an absolutely horrible OL draft. I have hope for Jackson, but he's a down-the-road guy. Kindley can play, but he's not dominant, and he's the 4th rounder. Hunt ... I think was a bad pick . Ugh.

While some teams continue to build solid OL, the Miami Dolphins continue to throw draft picks away along the OL.

source-3.gif

Wow. That would be horrible.

Best case scenario for us and Deiter would be Flowers looks great at LG and Deiter improves enough to hold off all challengers at RG.

I don't hold out much hope for Flowers. He is what he is. I'd rather have Jesse Davis at that other guard spot. I don't buy this "Flowers is a bust at tackle but a good guard" stuff. He's simply a bad football player. I really wish we could somehow pry Thuney away from New England

Last edited:
I don't hold out much hope for Flowers. He is what he is. I'd rather have Jesse Davis at that other guard spot. I don't buy this "Flowers is a bust at tackle but a good guard" stuff. He's simply a bad football player.
Have you studied his film at Guard last season, where, by all accounts, he played well (in his first season at the position)?

Ever hear of Robert Gallery?

With the additions of Austin Jackson (6'5" 322), Robert Hunt (6'5" 323), and Solomon Kindley (6'3" 337) in the draft, combined with the free-agent acquisitions of Karras (6'4" 300) and Flowers (6'6" 330), and the very steady Jessie Davis (6'6" 321) we have definitely got a type. So my question is, how do we shuffle them? Do players like Deiter, Calhoun, Davenport, and Isidora have roles?

Personally, I think we keep Davis at Right Tackle, put Hunt at Right Guard, Karras at Center (obviously), Flowers at Left Guard, and Jackson at Left Tackle

LT: Jackson / isidora
Lg: Flowers / Kindley
Cc: Karras / Deiter
Rg: Hunt / Calhoun
RT: Davis / Davenport

Do we have enough depth? Who stands to be cut? Is my lineup feasible, or should we swap Davis and Hunt?

I think there is a good Chance Hunt Gets kicked out to Right Tackle probrably better then Jessie Davis, I've got hope for Kindley since I know the learning curve for a guard is alot less then a tackle If he is as talented as most think he should take the RG spot imo.

Ideally

LT Jackson/Davis
LG Flowers/Isadora
C Karras
RG Kindley/ Calhoun
RT Hunt/ Davenport

Its far from the best Offensive Line but I dare say its Mediocre with future potential and i don't think anyone would complain about mediocre after what we saw last year.

Just saw Seahawks released Center Justin Britt.

He has started at RT and LG prior to switching to C.

He's coming off a torn ACL but could probably help a team when healthy.

So, your logic is that Gase who had 1 good season got 3 years but didn't pan out, went to the Jets, hasn't panned out, and now Ross is going to think that the current coach with less production deserves more time before determining whether to keep him? Not sure I share that logic.

IMHO, Coach Flo needs to start showing results now in 2020. He failed the tank, but still got arguably one of the two best QB's in the draft, had more draft capital than any other team, and IMHO, needs to show either production (wins) or promise (rookies performing well) in 2020. Remember, we still have almost as much draft capital for 2021 as we just spent in the 2020 draft. Any GM would love to come in and spend that, so Ross would get his pick of GM and likely young star coach. We do not have those draft picks in 2022, so the time to replace these guys will be after the 2021 season unless they've shown reason to believe in them.
Yeah, we just drafted one of the best 2 QBs in the last couple of years but let's not even give him time to play before we're firing our whole staff and forcing him to learn another offense.

I feel like you have to be trolling. Nothing you're posting is based in fact. It's your opinion that Hunt was a 7th round talent, what the hell are you actually watching to get to that conclusion?

Sense ain't common.

Back
Top Bottom