Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

Panthers also picked up Sam's 5th year option. Talk about desperation. Their own fault. They could of had our pick at 3 if they gave us a better offer than SF. And they needed to since they were screwed with a division opponent with the 4. They were never getting that pick.

there are a couple of future picks in there too... a 2nd and a 4th. Nothing that screams we got our QB IMO...
Agreed but definitely don’t see them wanting to move up now

6 is such an interesting spot. Pitts and Chase could both be gone. Say someone trades up with ATL, then one is there still.. but idk just not sure If wanna move back very much (or if at all) to lose out on Smith/waddle

I'm not really on high on Carolina's staff as most. People give Joe Brady props for what he did in college, and what he did last year was pretty uninspiring. I'm not really rooting against Darnold, I feel for anyone who was a victim of Adam Gase, but I'm not filled with confidence that he's in a great spot to turn himself around.

Denver could be a trade up option, but only if they like quarterback #5. I think Miami likely stays at #6, though.

I think Carolina gave up a lot for Darnold, a 2nd and 4th next year plus a 6th this year? I thought he might be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.
I think the first three teams in the draft will select QB’s but I don’t see any other team drafting before the Broncos selecting a QB.

The Falcons will likely pick Pitts and the Bengals will select Chase or Sewell. The Dolphins aren’t picking a QB and I don’t see the Lions or Panthers drafting a QB.

The Patriots could try to trade up in front of the Broncos if they like one of the two remaining QB’s but that is the only team I see that might prevent the the Broncos from being able to select between two QB’s if they decide to draft a QB at 9.

I think the first three teams in the draft will select QB’s but I don’t see any other team drafting before the Broncos selecting a QB.

The Falcons will likely pick Pitts and the Bengals will select Chase or Sewell. The Dolphins aren’t picking a QB and I don’t see the Lions or Panthers drafting a QB.

The Patriots could try to trade up in front of the Broncos if they like one of the two remaining QB’s but that is the only team I see that might prevent the the Broncos from being able to select between two QB’s if they decide to draft a QB at 9.
Atlanta is the wildcard for me. Pitts would make a ton of sense for them.

But if this quarterback class is as good as advertised, the Falcons might want to prepare for like after Matt Ryan.

Atlanta is the wildcard for me. Pitts would make a ton of sense for them.

But if this quarterback class is as good as advertised, the Falcons might want to prepare for like after Matt Ryan.
They need defense though. Does a TE/WR help them move the needle?

That 5th year option guarantees Sam 18.9 million for 2022. The Panthers have their QB at least for 2 years and could franchise him after that. That means either a replacement for Samual or OL for them at 8. Not for nothing, Smith seems like a Samual match.

Interesting, think the panthers gave up way too much tbh. Darnold's shown absolutely nothing in his 3 years.

Chicago may be ready to jump up for a QB

If there was ever any doubt the Jets weren't taking a QB, this deal pretty much confirms it...
Man they over paid for darnold. A first for him? Sure his potential may have been ruined by inept jets, but seems like one of the qbs could have fallen to them. yeah I don't think there will be any trade down options worthy from there as even if broncos want a qb, they will stay put as they won't feat panthers picking a qb ahead of them

It was always going to be hard making a trade with Carolina anyway.....we're going playmaker at 6

Back
Top Bottom