Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

Jets got decent compensation, I think. In the ballpark (less but in the ballpark) of what we got to go from 3 to 6.
That's what makes me sick. It is less but not dramatically less. Chris Grier had no clue what he owned. Matt Rhule should have been recognized as a key player in this. He's got Joe Brady so now he needs the quarterback. Who knows what he might have been willing to do, closer to draft day, especially if he had his choice of any among Fields, Lance and Jones?

I have no idea why so many are surprised at what Darnold fetched in return. Turn up the adjuster dial. With quarterbacks it's more not less and often dramatically more. I wouldn't be annoyed at Grier if the top of the draft were loaded with nothing but offensive tackles and wide receivers. It was the quarterbacks variable that made his early bail so idiotic.

The offers from Washington and Chicago are going to be pretty eye popping for pick 6, I’m just saying, both will try. Even Lance is enticing to them.

Seems like a fair trade for both sides. Darnold could still be a good qb. He had less offensive talent to work with than we had. Carolina really didn't give up that much.

That's what makes me sick. It is less but not dramatically less. Chris Grier had no clue what he owned. Matt Rhule should have been recognized as a key player in this. He's got Joe Brady so now he needs the quarterback. Who knows what he might have been willing to do, closer to draft day, especially if he had his choice of any among Fields, Lance and Jones?

I have no idea why so many are surprised at what Darnold fetched in return. Turn up the adjuster dial. With quarterbacks it's more not less and often dramatically more. I wouldn't be annoyed at Grier if the top of the draft were loaded with nothing but offensive tackles and wide receivers. It was the quarterbacks variable that made his early bail so idiotic.
Pretty much yes, although I don't feel quite as strongly as you. If Carolina sucks this year, and SF continues to be a SB contender, as at least some media think, the Jets will have gotten the same as us. Grier went for a bird in the hand rather than 3 or more in the bush.

But if we get Pitts or Chase, and SF declines a bit, I guess it's still good and bright for our future.

My guess now is Pitts and Chase go 4 and 5. Trade back options at 6 now reduced so I think we pick at 6. Waddle, Smith, Sewell. I think I would take Sewell and 2 WRs and a RB with the next three.

Panthers look like idiots here. Better chance one of the rooks is better than Sam in 2021 and they are on the hook for 18.9 million in 2022. They had 8. SF had 12. All they had to do is match SF's offer. Probably would have been just a 1st and 2nd rather than 2 1sts and a 3rd since they had 8, not 12. We know Grier decided between 3 or 4 offers so Carolina probably had a shot to make the right offer but didn't.

Back
Top Bottom