Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

Say Hello to some other dudes not expected to be pick six for Miami. Both the Falcons and Bengals are in the mix for Chase and Pitts.

Denver could be a trade up option, but only if they like quarterback #5. I think Miami likely stays at #6, though.

I think Carolina gave up a lot for Darnold, a 2nd and 4th next year plus a 6th this year? I thought he might be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.
queue to anyone who thought tua wasnt worth a first rounder hes nowhere near as bad as darnorld

1, 2, and 3 are guaranteed to be QB’s. We knew that going into today so nothing has changed from that perspective. The questions that remain are as follows:
  • Does Atlanta have a QB or a CB rated higher than either Pitts or Chase?
  • Does Cincy have Sewell or Slater rated higher than either Pitts or Chase?
From what I’ve seen lately (pro-days, etc.), I say the answer to both questions is no. Hopefully, I’m wrong...... But I’m starting to think we are going to be choosing between Smith and Waddle.

There are those on this board that say Smith should be our choice anyway..... Maybe so. However, I think Pitts is going to be special in this league. IMO....Chase is going to be a multi year pro bowler as well.

Draft night is going to be crazy for the first 40 minutes.

Imo, Waddle and Smith are not worth #6.

In many others opinions, they are.

If Pitts is off the board when #6 is on the clock, I think your gonna find out that MIA also thinks at least one of them is worth #6 too.

In many others opinions, they are.

If Pitts is off the board when #6 is on the clock, I think your gonna find out that MIA also thinks at least one of them is worth #6 too.
Yup, they have to love 3 guys that are not quarterbacks or else they wouldn’t have made the trade.

What happens on this board when pick 6 comes up with Pitts, Chase and Smith on the board and we go Smith...

Rather than starting another thread, curious who you all would take if it came down to smith, waddle, or Sewell?

Our pick just got more valuable. I think Atlanta definitely takes a QB now with Ryan’s 58 million cap hit, and if one drops we could see some action on our pick.

I think the first three teams in the draft will select QB’s but I don’t see any other team drafting before the Broncos selecting a QB.

The Falcons will likely pick Pitts and the Bengals will select Chase or Sewell. The Dolphins aren’t picking a QB and I don’t see the Lions or Panthers drafting a QB.

The Patriots could try to trade up in front of the Broncos if they like one of the two remaining QB’s but that is the only team I see that might prevent the the Broncos from being able to select between two QB’s if they decide to draft a QB at 9.
Falcons will draft a QB. They have to. Matt Ryans cap hit next year is 54M

Back
Top Bottom