(POLL) Who would you pick with the #5 Pick? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(POLL) Who would you pick with the #5 Pick?

Who do you pick with the Dolphins #5 Pick in the First Round of the Draft?

• Tua Tagovailoa

Votes: 348 72.8%
  • Justin Herbert

Votes: 35 7.3%
  • Derrick Brown

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • Jerry Jeudy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Tristan Wirfs

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Jedrick Wills

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Isaiah Simmons

Votes: 36 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 30 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly have issues, you are most certainly right about it being "just social media" but you have to make it personal and go on the attack and insult. There's no point in trying to discuss any kind of conversation further with you because as you say you want to grasp only one piece of conversation that may help you prove a point. Hypocrite; go look that word up, it fits you to the T with all that incessant ranting and insults.
Welcome to ignore kid.
Ignore all you want. But, I see you still haven't addressed my actual point. I suggest you look up what a hypocrite is. It's obvious you have no clue, which brings into question your level of education or lack there of. Focus on your issues. You know what they are.....I pointed them out plainly to you earlier. You're welcome.

So..You can only draft QB's from schools that have had QB' s drafted before?...Is that what your saying...Tua willl not be any good in the NFL because he played at Bama...
Brilliant!!!!
Injury is my problem w Tua.. can Tua last whole season without getting hurt in nfl??? It all depend on what team and coach they have. I dont think borrow going be great because Cincinnati ain't no great organization.. they find was lose and they do dumb stuff..

This could change big time by tje time od the draft but right now I'm building the offense first. I'm drafting Juedy with the goal of two other position players in the first

WR Juedy #5
RB Swift #18
QB Fromm #27

This could change big time by tje time od the draft but right now I'm building the offense first. I'm drafting Juedy with the goal of two other position players in the first

WR Juedy #5
RB Swift #18
QB Fromm #27
If you want to build the O first, that's a legitimate arguement.

Your suggestion about how to do is is not. It's fools gold, and if it were that easy, every team would do it that way.

Without a decent, functional line, which we don't have, the positions for which you are advocating will not make any difference against good, playoff caliber teams.

It sounds like you prefer highlight reels rather than playoff wins.

If you want to say we can fix the line with free agency, and day 3 picks, i say maybe, but if we put ourselves back in cap purgatory, spending 80 mil a year for the unit, it is not sustainable.

If you want to build the O first, that's a legitimate arguement.

Your suggestion about how to do is is not. It's fools gold, and if it were that easy, every team would do it that way.

Without a decent, functional line, which we don't have, the positions for which you are advocating will not make any difference against good, playoff caliber teams.

It sounds like you prefer highlight reels rather than playoff wins.

If you want to say we can fix the line with free agency, and day 3 picks, i say maybe, but if we put ourselves back in cap purgatory, spending 80 mil a year for the unit, it is not sustainable.
Actually, I prefer to build the lines on both sides first but think there is more talent in the skill positions in the first round and first round is always BPA. The oline and dline would be addressed in free agency and the rest of the draft and next year. Hopefully we could find three starters this year and the rest next year

Actually, I prefer to build the lines on both sides first but think there is more talent in the skill positions in the first round and first round is always BPA. The oline and dline would be addressed in free agency and the rest of the draft and next year. Hopefully we could find three starters this year and the rest next year
You may be right about there being some exceptional skill players at the top. I don't see it being as clear cut as others may.

I also don't think BPA is that clear cut either as it pertains to individual players at hugely different positions.

If you are comparing two WRs that's one thing, but how do you compare a WR to a Tackle?

To me, it is more about tiers. You may have several players who grade out similarly at their respective different positions.

I'm not saying that BPA is a fallacy, or a flawed strategy, but I don't think it is as definitive as some make it out to be..

WR Juedy #5
RB Swift #18
QB Fromm #27
Where is Ol or DE in first rd..we can find rb later..it dont matter if we dont fix line.. these rb are going get kill back there

You may be right about there being some exceptional skill players at the top. I don't see it being as clear cut as others may.

I also don't think BPA is that clear cut either as it pertains to individual players at hugely different positions.

If you are comparing two WRs that's one thing, but how do you compare a WR to a Tackle?

To me, it is more about tiers. You may have several players who grade out similarly at their respective different positions.

I'm not saying that BPA is a fallacy, or a flawed strategy, but I don't think it is as definitive as some make it out to be..

Absolutely... tiers.

BPA can lead you to take players at positions where you are already strong and/or positions that are less important.

But the tiers of talent idea allows you to attempt to get the best players in areas where you have need.

Tua is a deal at 5, instead of what it would take to get Burrow. Ditka once traded away his entire draft for Ricky Williams and how'd that work out?

A quarterback vs a RB. Better comparison is RG3, who I’d like to have seen brought here instead of Fitzpatrick or Rosen.
I want Flores and staff to get their guy. If they interview Herbert or any other prospect...and that’s who they pick...ok then. I’ll just have them on a shorter leash which is already short after this season and bumbling away a pro bowl free safety for nothing in return.

Tua, no doubt. He's the guy leading the Dolphins into the future. We jumped through a lot of hoops to be in this position, if Tua is there at #5 go up and make him a Miami Dolphin and you'll never look back. The kid got hurt, he's going to get better.

I’m taking Tua. He can learn while fully recovering from his injury. Take a shot on the QB. Don’t go for a QB at a bargain spot like we did w Henne. Swing for the fences. If we whiff, hey at least we tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom