QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

ha ha...who hasn't knocked some mo fo's out when they were young and dumb...lol and how do 2 of this guys buddies get knocked out unless they go at him one at a time like a damn martial arts or action movie...you gotta bum rush that big sob

ha ha...brings back memories

I haven't . . . not that it'd detour me from drafting Gabbert.

Isolated incidents of fighting don't bother me that much. I'm not a violent person at all but even I have decked my fair share of people. But then again, no one is putting millions of dollars and the fate of the franchise in my hands. I'm sure teams will do their due dilligence on this, to see whether it's part of a pattern or not, as it's unfortunately the natural trend with public people to turn one incident into a whole lifetime of behavior.

Either way, being drunk and underage and whooping up on people in a pizza parlor isn't just to be glossed over as nothing.

The good thing another person associated with Mizzou said is that Gabbert had had his issues earlier in his career but lately had really settled down and become more mature. That's what you want to see.

At the end of the day, though, in terms of the Dolphins it probably won't matter very much. The buzz on Gabbert has really heated up just as people smarter than me said it would. I've also heard he signed with CAA, which is another sign he's headed for the big time. That agency doesn't **** around with peons.

i'm pretty enamored with gabbert...he's got top 10 physical talent...given the need i don't see how he gets to #15...unless there are some serious skeletons in the closet

i'm pretty enamored with gabbert...he's got top 10 physical talent...given the need i don't see how he gets to #15...unless there are some serious skeletons in the closet

When I thought we were getting Harbaugh, I was hell-bent on the idea of trading up with the Bengals or Browns. Of course, now that Luck is out of the draft, he could go earlier than #4, and if he makes it to #5, there's a really good chance he lands in Arizona. And, without knowing who we'll have at OC . . . well, would you give just anybody your 'franchise QB' to mold? Our OC signing is could be the most important move this team will have made over the last 5 seasons. I'm hoping Tony S. is relegated to an overpaid cheerleader and that we bring in an OC that's relevant in 2011. Basically, I'm hoping for an OC signing that approaches the Nolan signing. If that happens, I'm back on the 'do what it takes to get Gabbert' bandwagon. If not . . . **** it . . . spend another draft on defensive players and pick up a couple RB's.

Miami should still be hell bent on the idea of trading up for Gabbert IF the Carolina Panthers do not like him at #1 overall.

That's regardless of Harbaugh.

You need to find that guy. The cost is too great NOT to find him.

Miami should still be hell bent on the idea of trading up for Gabbert IF the Carolina Panthers do not like him at #1 overall.

My guess is he will go to San Fran at #7.

I agree. If he managed to fall passed a certain point, I'd be willing to give up a lot to get him. If there's a Jay Cutler type deal to be had out there (which is unlikely, those things only happen once in a generation), I'm more than willing to consider that, too.

What it would take is something that's going to have to be discussed. As you've mentioned, there's a chance Cameron Wake would have to be involved in any kind of a major move up. He's our most attractive piece.

I agree. If he managed to fall passed a certain point, I'd be willing to give up a lot to get him. If there's a Jay Cutler type deal to be had out there (which is unlikely, those things only happen once in a generation), I'm more than willing to consider that, too.

What it would take is something that's going to have to be discussed. As you've mentioned, there's a chance Cameron Wake would have to be involved in any kind of a major move up. He's our most attractive piece.

To me, that "certain point" is #2 overall. I wouldn't trade to #1 overall but I would go as high as #2 in order to get the guy we feel is a franchise player at that position. I mean, Gabbert's not done with his grading yet, I don't want to be caught saying he's #2 overall worthy, I'm just saying philosophically...I'd have qualms about the price tag for #1 overall but not #2.

If we end up with only a slightly better version of Henning, would you still be comfortable moving up for Gabbert? I have to trust my OC before I'm comfortable spending what it'd take to get Gabbert. I have to believe we know that we need to move into the year 2011 with our offensive system and that the OC hire will reflect that, but bringing back Tony has put a hitch in that belief.

Back
Top Bottom