Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

I really want nothing to do with any QBs in this year's draft and will be rather miffed if we take any. The top 4 guys in next years draft are all much better then anyone coming out in this draft.

I really want nothing to do with any QBs in this year's draft and will be rather miffed if we take any. The top 4 guys in next years draft are all much better then anyone coming out in this draft.

Totally agree unless Murray plays football. I don’t care if he’s a dwarf. His feet, eyes and arm are special.

I haven’t made up my mind on Haskins yet and I’ve watched every snap including two spring games live and up close.

But you have to admit, if Miami did get their QB this year, and he’s the real deal, it’s a better scenario.

Totally agree unless Murray plays football. I don’t care if he’s a dwarf. His feet, eyes and arm are special.

I haven’t made up my mind on Haskins yet and I’ve watched every snap including two spring games live and up close.

But you have to admit, if Miami did get their QB this year, and he’s the real deal, it’s a better scenario.

This. I would love to have Tua or Fromm but so would 20+ other teams. If you have a shot at Haskins and think he is the guy then you take your shot. Hell if you suck next yr you can make someone pay a ransom for Tua or sounds bad but trade Haskins.

Hah. Not usually a great sign.

I feel the same way too though. I was told to look after him way back, so I reviewed every snap from 2017 and then even looked at his Spring Game, saw the attractive things, the way he executes so consistently, gets the ball out quickly. He goes into 2018 and he's the same guy.

Still issues with his feet. Not a great arm. Not a great athlete. Not a great mover in the pocket, good at dealing with pressure, good at throwing after having reset his feet. Reminds me a bunch of the negatives about Brandon Weeden (that I ignored) except Weeden had a great arm and Haskins doesn't. But Haskins gets the ball out quickly, in Ohio State's offense. If he gets the ball out quickly in the NFL he'll be better than Weeden. But how much better? Where's the ceiling?

I feel the same way too though. I was told to look after him way back, so I reviewed every snap from 2017 and then even looked at his Spring Game, saw the attractive things, the way he executes so consistently, gets the ball out quickly. He goes into 2018 and he's the same guy.

Still issues with his feet. Not a great arm. Not a great athlete. Not a great mover in the pocket, good at dealing with pressure, good at throwing after having reset his feet. Reminds me a bunch of the negatives about Brandon Weeden (that I ignored) except Weeden had a great arm and Haskins doesn't. But Haskins gets the ball out quickly, in Ohio State's offense. If he gets the ball out quickly in the NFL he'll be better than Weeden. But how much better? Where's the ceiling?

Miami feels like a bad fit for Haskins. Looking at the Top 20 picks. 19 to Tennessee or 20 to Pittsburgh makes the most sense to me. Both have talent on the OL and either established or ascending weapons. Big Ben is regressing, and Mariota just doesn't throw with anticipation.

Don't think Pittsburgh would really consider this, though. Haskins is kind of like a better version of Rudolph anyway.

I like but don't love Haskins as a prospect. For me at the QB position for a QB starved franchise, that's a no. Gotta absolutely love the prospect and fully believe he's going to be a franchise QB. I don't feel that way about any of the QBs in this draft.

All of that changes if Murray decides to play football, but I think 2020 is our best bet. Build the defense now.

I'm expecting to see Daniel Jones' name called when we pick though. It would be too Miami Dolphins to pass up.

Miami feels like a bad fit for Haskins. Looking at the Top 20 picks. 19 to Tennessee or 20 to Pittsburgh makes the most sense to me. Both have talent on the OL and either established or ascending weapons. Big Ben is regressing, and Mariota just doesn't throw with anticipation.

Don't think Pittsburgh would really consider this, though. Haskins is kind of like a better version of Rudolph anyway.

I personally don't really want Haskins. He feels big and a little clumsy to me. Almost like he's a man playing among boys in college, along with a stacked deck of talent at Ohio State. He won't have that in the NFL.

Could he be a Ben Rothlesburger type?

I personally don't really want Haskins. He feels big and a little clumsy to me. Almost like he's a man playing among boys in college, along with a stacked deck of talent at Ohio State. He won't have that in the NFL.

More precise coming out, but he doesn't have Roethlisberger's ability to improvise.

I like but don't love Haskins as a prospect. For me at the QB position for a QB starved franchise, that's a no. Gotta absolutely love the prospect and fully believe he's going to be a franchise QB. I don't feel that way about any of the QBs in this draft.

All of that changes if Murray decides to play football, but I think 2020 is our best bet. Build the defense now.

I'm expecting to see Daniel Jones' name called when we pick though. It would be too Miami Dolphins to pass up.

Jones or Lock in the 1st would be a travesty.

Justin Fields just announced he’s transferring to Ohio State so I’d say that means Haskins is coming out. I’ll have a better idea on Haskins after the combine. I want to hear how he interviews, what kind of shape he’s in , and I’m dying to know his hand size. When he grips the ball it looks like his hands are about the same size as mine, around 9”. Some discount hand size, i don’t. I do agree with Herbstreet when he said Haskins will probably play at around 240 when he fills out. I think that and using more of his lower body will give him more than adequate ball velocity. Similar situation to Tom Brady coming out from Michigan. That’s of zero concern to me. I’ve seen great foot work from Haskins and I’ve seen bad. I’m not sure what’s going on there. I do know he and Justin Fields worked out with Deshawn Watson this summer and Watson was blown away by Haskins ability given the lack of experience.

He's really not big, is the problem. The reason he looks that big to you is because he doesn't move his feet all that well, and isn't all that agile or fast.

In football you typically want a 6'4" and 235 lbs guy who can fool your eyes into believing he's 6'2" and 220 lbs...not the other way around.

Justin Fields just announced he’s transferring to Ohio State so I’d say that means Haskins is coming out. I’ll have a better idea on Haskins after the combine. I want to hear how he interviews, what kind of shape he’s in , and I’m dying to know his hand size. When he grips the ball it looks like his hands are about the same size as mine, around 9”. Some discount hand size, i don’t. I do agree with Herbstreet when he said Haskins will probably play at around 240 when he fills out. I think that and using more of his lower body will give him more than adequate ball velocity. Similar situation to Tom Brady coming out from Michigan. That’s of zero concern to me. I’ve seen great foot work from Haskins and I’ve seen bad. I’m not sure what’s going on there. I do know he and Justin Fields worked out with Deshawn Watson this summer and Watson was blown away by Haskins ability given the lack of experience.

If he's 6'2" and plays at 240 lbs that's a problem for me. It would only exacerbate issues that are already there.

Back
Top Bottom