Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

How can you not love this kid, just look at these highlights, this tape could have been twice as long. The guy is a difference maker, sell the damn farm, sell your neighbours farm, give up your first born, do whatever you need to to grab this guy, that may mean going all the way to #1, Oakland on speed dial.

Watched tape on him today, He definitely ain't no Baker, he will be in our range come draft time.

Actually that 5 foot 10 and 190 if accurate may help him get in your striking range. Id like to see how he takes contact vs bama I imagine theres not a lot of it to be found on that conference tape. Id also like to see the hand size.

With adam gase being retained hed have to come up with an offense that fits this kids skill set and game. 5 years ago id have said hell no but the nfl it is a changing.

I actually think Gase's offense is a good fit for him.

My main issue with Kyler Murray is 1. He doesn't throw with great anticipation often, he mainly has to see an open guy so u don't see a lot of tight window throws (Baker excelled at threading the needle) 2. Doesn't read progressions, single reads and locks on pre snap. 3. Plenty of reports are saying he's 5'9, I know based on the tape there's no way he's 5'11. 3. Lincoln Riley has made the offense much more gimmicky for Kyler and defense's were always off balance(that won't be the case in the NFL)

Things I do like are 1. He throws lasers on Curl to Flat very accurate on those. 2 He has nice deep ball. 3. He throws with good rotation in his core and feet doesn't have to follow thru to create zip - that tells me when he gets moved of his spot he will still have zip on his throws. 4. He might be the quickest QB I've ever seen (Vick was still more elusive tho)

In my opinion drafting him top 15 is too risky just too many questions.

Not a Tannehill fan but I'm not sold on any of these QB's, 2 years ago I said to my friends that Mitch Trubisky was the best QB in the class and sure enough he got picked early first round. Last year I told my friends that of all the QBs they have going in the first Josh Rosen was the one I liked the least.

Have you watched him?

You don't evaluate listings. You evaluate players. Kyler Murray is the most exciting QB in college football, as we sit here today. He's got a fantastic arm, pro mechanics, ridiculous accuracy, a full mastery of throws, ridiculously quick feet during his drop and while working the pocket. He keeps his eyes up field and uses the pocket. Oh and then when he does have to make someone miss and run around, he's basically Albert Wilson. With the arm to hit improvised throws like Aaron Rodgers.

Will Grier doesn't have half the talent. He's a little bit taller. But not so much that he's actually going to be able to make full use of "tall guy" throws in the NFL (e.g. quick slants, dumps to the shallow middle). That anyone would want Will Grier over Kyler Murray is staggering, to me.

I respect your opinions on this mattter...as I have for the many years we’ve posted our thoughts on this board.

No...I haven’t seen him play at all...just reacting to the rage over him and my concerns over his size.

I even heard him described as 5’ 9” by one evaluator.

I have watched Will Greer and I do feel he has an “it” factor....he obviously has the numbers.

I will look closer at this now since it finally appears the team is really going to move on from Tannehill.

FYI...I do particularly like your contributions to 3 yards per carry...great job!

Pretty shitty year to draft a qb without a top pick. But apparently people have been able to click their fingers and find a top 5 qb for years.... So prove it

Opinion on Bentley guys

Liked him a lot prior to the year. A manager of chaos. But his tools are average and his decision-making this year was suspect at times and sometimes you are what you shoot. He should stay in school and try and show better.

This is probably the best 'value' pick at the position, once you get beyond Kyler Murray:

If you're out on him, and you haven't gotten a guy by the end of Day 2, then this is the next best 'value' pick at the position:

I’m at the point where I wanna gold out for 2021 and get the next manning.

Let’s actually draft a legit prospect. Haven’t since Marino.

I'm with you. That's exactly why I want Kyler Murray. I want a guy that makes plays and hurts defenses. I want a guy that defenses in the game planning stage will have to try and figure out how to contain, how to play against.

When Alabama faces Georgia, which do you think they're more obsessed with how to contain: Jake Fromm, or that Georgia run game?

Because I can tell you exactly what question has been keeping Alabama coaches and players up at night during the run-up to this game in two days.

Sometimes the obvious thing has to slap you in the face in order to see it and that's where I'm at with a Kyler Murray. A lot of people are ready to take other quarterbacks purely because they're taller, NOT because they're better.

Liked him a lot prior to the year. A manager of chaos. But his tools are average and his decision-making this year was suspect at times and sometimes you are what you shoot. He should stay in school and try and show better.

I don't think another year with Muschamp would help any QB hoping for an NFL future. Just ask Driskel, Brissett, etc..

My main issue with Kyler Murray is 1. He doesn't throw with great anticipation often, he mainly has to see an open guy so u don't see a lot of tight window throws (Baker excelled at threading the needle) 2. Doesn't read progressions, single reads and locks on pre snap. 3. Plenty of reports are saying he's 5'9, I know based on the tape there's no way he's 5'11. 3. Lincoln Riley has made the offense much more gimmicky for Kyler and defense's were always off balance(that won't be the case in the NFL)

Things I do like are 1. He throws lasers on Curl to Flat very accurate on those. 2 He has nice deep ball. 3. He throws with good rotation in his core and feet doesn't have to follow thru to create zip - that tells me when he gets moved of his spot he will still have zip on his throws. 4. He might be the quickest QB I've ever seen (Vick was still more elusive tho)

In my opinion drafting him top 15 is too risky just too many questions.

Appreciate the work you've put into the analysis man.

I think your #1 issue is a concern for sure, what I want in our next QB for sure is a football brain, Mayfield has one, Tannehill doesn't, I'm hoping this is something that's just come out of the scheme and not indicative of him as a player. Remember his stats were BETTER than Mayfield's last year in the same system, so he had to be doing something a little better than Baker. #2, I think this is a hard thing to assess you may be right but I've seen him go through progressions plenty of times in the live games I've seen. #3 He's 5' 9" for sure, he's small, but like I said before plays nothing like it and his height does not effect his abilities, one advantage is it's gonna be a hell of a small target area for a legal hit on the guy, lol. #3 again (in England we use the number 4 to follow 3 :p) Riley takes a lot of credit for both Baker and Kyler, Baker has proven however that it's not all on the head coach, I would love to see them reunited in South Florida.

I would like to point out that in your opinion he's not as elusive as Vick, I would disagree with that, but he's a huge factor in the run game, he does mot get hit a lot at all, so there must be some exclusivity in his game.

Another thing that we need to get out there too is the effect he's had on the opposing D's, they have to respect both the pass and the run, because he can kill you with both, a lot has been made of this Oklahoma line but a major factor in their success has been the lack of pressure the opposing D has been able to put on the QB because they simply can't afford to rush more than 3 or 4 otherwise Kyler will expose them.

The height thing is what's going to kill Kyler's draft stock if anything does IMO, you've really got to look past it and to the success that he's had in college and to those smaller QBs have had in the NFL in recent years. We have to roll the dice at some point, if he was 6'5" we simply wouldn't have a shot at him, he may in the end be too small for the league but the Dolphins have to be aggressive and go after him and hope he sticks. I'm 100% sure one team in the top 15 will take that chance, I hope it's us.

Back
Top Bottom