Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

How can you not love this kid, just look at these highlights, this tape could have been twice as long. The guy is a difference maker, sell the damn farm, sell your neighbours farm, give up your first born, do whatever you need to to grab this guy, that may mean going all the way to #1, Oakland on speed dial.
Amazing talent. He might end up being the number overall pick.

The number what? Just kidding man I'm bored and football sucks
Lol. Obviously I'm not a scout, but man does his talent pop especially with his running ability. I just don't think NFL defenses can defend that.

I dont much like the level of competition but those murray highlights are rediculous. Thats quite an arm and he outruns angles all over the place. Be interesting to see if he can outrun them vs nfl comp speed wise in bama.

I dont see having to evade much immediate pressure on these but its not hard to envision a heavy rpo based offense with that kid at the helm. Looks like an obvious fit to me.

Rpo all day long.

Kyler Murray makes my toes tingle. Sadly, a Charles Clay drop and the Miami Miracle has put us 10 draft slots down as it stands right now so i don't see Murray happening.

Someone in the draft forum mentioned Jordan Love from Utah State and I watched some of his stuff. He would be my sleeper if he declares.

I dont much like the level of competition but those murray highlights are rediculous. Thats quite an arm and he outruns angles all over the place. Be interesting to see if he can outrun them vs nfl comp speed wise in bama.

I dont see having to evade much immediate pressure on these but its not hard to envision a heavy rpo based offense with that kid at the helm. Looks like an obvious fit to me.

Rpo all day long.
He obviously has an outstanding offensive line and a lot of time to find receivers. That part will be the biggest adjustment IMO. He makes the running part look so darn easy. Like you say he outruns angles, has really good vision and that closing speed that's hard to match. I think he's a better version of Lamar Jackson.

Kyler Murray makes my toes tingle. Sadly, a Charles Clay drop and the Miami Miracle has put us 10 draft slots down as it stands right now so i don't see Murray happening.

Someone in the draft forum mentioned Jordan Love from Utah State and I watched some of his stuff. He would be my sleeper if he declares.
It will be hard to jump ahead of teams like the NY Giants who need a quarterback. But, if Arizona ends up with that top spot you can always include Tunsil in a trade. I'd hate to lose him as he has developed into an elite LT. The Cardinals are likely looking for that. Just an idea to float around. Miami would have to pay a lot to move up. I'd obviously prefer to keep Tunsil, but I'd have everything on the table if you believe Murray is a franchise quarterback.

There aren't very many in this draft that I really like. Just two - Will Grier from West Virginia and Tyree Jackson from SUNY Buffalo. It's such a shame that Kyler Murray chose baseball because I think he's special...reminds me of Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield.

Don’t get the infatuation with a short QB that weighs 190 pounds...college is not the pros.

I like Will Greer.

Anybody can watch the national semi-final between NDSU Bison and the SDSU bunnie wabbits, it's on youtube.

Easton Stick out shines Taryn Christian like the sun compared to the moon. They shouldn't be in the same conversation.

Christian will never be in the NFL because the guy can't take a hit. Every team in the MVFC knew if they could get some licks on Christian they had a shot at winning the game.

Stick, on the other hand is all of 225 and he runs like a RB. He is a punishing runner and humiliated tacklers in the FCS for three years. Stick is the real deal, but I wouldn't want him starting as a rookie. He could probably use a couple years and then become the next Aaron Rogers. An excellent QB's coach could do wonders with Stick's raw talents,elite character and work ethic(I mean off the charts discipline and hard work),his genius IQ,strong arm, and RB skills. Make no mistake, Easton Stick is a superior form of the human being.

Listen, you won't find anyone that's been thumping for Easton Stick as hard as I have, but to say that he is "all of 225" is just not accurate. And I do have the benefit of inside information on that one. He's thin. It's an issue. Surprising how strong he is, running the ball, despite the lack of bulk. But then again, he's facing FCS defenders when he shows that surprising strength.

Don’t get the infatuation with a short QB that weighs 190 pounds...college is not the pros.

I like Will Greer.

Have you watched him?

You don't evaluate listings. You evaluate players. Kyler Murray is the most exciting QB in college football, as we sit here today. He's got a fantastic arm, pro mechanics, ridiculous accuracy, a full mastery of throws, ridiculously quick feet during his drop and while working the pocket. He keeps his eyes up field and uses the pocket. Oh and then when he does have to make someone miss and run around, he's basically Albert Wilson. With the arm to hit improvised throws like Aaron Rodgers.

Will Grier doesn't have half the talent. He's a little bit taller. But not so much that he's actually going to be able to make full use of "tall guy" throws in the NFL (e.g. quick slants, dumps to the shallow middle). That anyone would want Will Grier over Kyler Murray is staggering, to me.

Actually that 5 foot 10 and 190 if accurate may help him get in your striking range. Id like to see how he takes contact vs bama I imagine theres not a lot of it to be found on that conference tape. Id also like to see the hand size.

With adam gase being retained hed have to come up with an offense that fits this kids skill set and game. 5 years ago id have said hell no but the nfl it is a changing.

Increases the odds Kyler Murray chooses football. Which is very GOOD.

Decreases the odds he's within striking distance of a Miami trade. Which is BAD.

Overall, I tip it toward GOOD more than BAD.

The NFL scouts I've seen quoted anonymously seemed a lot more certain about Justin Herbert than they did Kyler Murray.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1 overall, if it's a Mayfield situation again where we have no shot.

5'9 ain't going no.1 in the NFL, plus he's not the natural passer Baker is, It's very possible he falls to us.

Back
Top Bottom