Ray Lewis In Miami? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Lewis In Miami?

Should Miami Trade A First Rounder For Ray Lewis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i do not want ray lewis in miami. it is a waste and we are trying to get younger. but as an avid NFL fan with a natural love for the game I would like to see this guy who is the face of that franchise, retire with that franchise. Do not say anything about him. You do not know that he is a murderer; therefore do not take an opinion on the subject. You should also show him respect as one of the all time greats, because is a sure hall of famer. He is one of the best ever, he was the anchor of the third best defense of all time.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/bestNFLdefense.html
Statiscially, they were sick as a unit. They played an entire month without their offense scoring a single point. They played with that fire. Just remember that superbowl from 2000. Ray Lewis is a great football player and one of the finest middle linebackers to ever play in the NFL, he deserves our respect, but he does not fit in with what we are doing here, so we will have to pass.

kkcow15 said:
i do not want ray lewis in miami. it is a waste and we are trying to get younger. but as an avid NFL fan with a natural love for the game I would like to see this guy who is the face of that franchise, retire with that franchise. Do not say anything about him. You do not know that he is a murderer; therefore do not take an opinion on the subject. You should also show him respect as one of the all time greats, because is a sure hall of famer. He is one of the best ever, he was the anchor of the third best defense of all time.
Statiscially, they were sick as a unit. They played an entire month without their offense scoring a single point. They played with that fire. Just remember that superbowl from 2000. Ray Lewis is a great football player and one of the finest middle linebackers to ever play in the NFL, he deserves our respect, but he does not fit in with what we are doing here, so we will have to pass.

beautiful. I couldn't have said it better myself. That is exactly the way it is

kkcow15 said:

For one, I am allowed to have any opinion I choose, whether it differs from yours or not. Secondly, I just don't like Ray Lewis, he's old, has injury issues, and isn't worth ANY pick we have this year. I agree he won't fit our system, but I dissagree that he is one of the all time greats. I think it's a possibility that he'll be a hall of famer, but it's not a set in stone thing yet I wouldn't say. Who knows? Never liked him as a player or a person. Everyone here was talking about Lavar freelancing, any of you ever watch a Raven game? Lewis is the the king of freelancing, while it pays off sometimes, it doesn't as often as it should.

shouright said:
I'm not playing fantasy football pal -- I'm playing real football with real people, and Favre and Lewis are quite possibly the best leaders (AND players, arguably) of all time on both sides of the ball. Favre has carried his team to Super Bowl victories and so has Lewis. And isn't that what it's all about?

Yes in there prime, I would not hesitate taking them to lead my team...but you were saying right now. Right now I wouldn't take Favre to lead our local Arena League 2 team....jk

It all depends on if we sign Arrington (and how much he costs) and how much Lewis wants. If we can sign Arrington for a reasonable contract (nothing like Peterson) and Lewis will come on a similar deal, I jump all over it. Thomas, Arrington, Lewis, and Crowder is the sickest linebacking corps in the NFL possibly EVER! The biggest issue is money here.

Dmancari23 said:
Actually, to be honest, I do care about the guys images off the field a bit. Let's take:

Randy McMichael for example... he's a cowardly wife beater off the field, so I have zero respect for the guy as a man which also affects me being a fan of the guy to some degree.

Ricky Williams, I used to be a fan of him, but with the quiting on the team and smoking it up all the time, I am less of a fan of the guy.

Daunte Culpepper, I hope he ends up being a good QB, but the fact that he has off the field issues bothers me and is the reason I wanted Brees first if that was possible.

David Boston, too many issues.

All of these guys are talented guys on the field, but I have to believe that I am not the only one that thinks this way. If I walked around and did the things these guys do, I wouldn't have a job, yet they get away with murder, no pun intended accept for the actual getting away with murder Lewis did. Do you realize how ridiculous your posts sounds? Real people do care about what happens off the field.

All McMichael is guilty of is is not divorcing that *****. He called the police because she was hitting him. He asked the police to arest him because he was about to lose his temper. I would have done the same thing. Now McIntosh, I lost all respect for him and I am glad he got cut

I mean it would be great to have him but not for a first unless we really needed a LB but we really dont but I couldnt imagine a team gaining more than 50yds total rushing against us with Lewis thomas and crowder

NOT WORTH THE 1st

kkcow15 said:
what are you his mother?
Your arguement is to tell me I can have no opionion?
Right and o j didn't do It
So I should respect him as an all time great when he put himself in that situation in the first place? :shakeno:

who cares if he is or isnt a murderer. we are talking football and he is a football player. we should learn to stop arrgung and coinside with one and another and keep our opinions to ourselves. we are all brothers here as miami fans. no need to argue about some stupid thing years ago. and this is how i feel about ray ray! i want ray lewis but we cant afford him. he would be nasty and u need 2 guys in the middle for a 3-4. but we dont need him. but if we had him no one would complain about him. no lb in the draft will ever be as good as him. the only thing is he is way to exspensive. u can have 3 lb's for his price and thats the only reason im saying no. but other than that i would love this guy here. im from baltimore im not a ravens fan but i do catch there boring games all the time. and the only thing not boring is ray ray knocking ******* out! so he is a future hall of famer and i would love to have him if any way to fit him in our little salary room aka he would have to take a pay cut! and he would never do that. so thats how i feel. he is nasty but not to cut half of our already ready superbowl team! i love the dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarinoForPres said:
who cares if he is or isnt a murderer. we are talking football and he is a football player. we should learn to stop arrgung and coinside with one and another and keep our opinions to ourselves. we are all brothers here as miami fans. no need to argue about some stupid thing years ago. and this is how i feel about ray ray! i want ray lewis but we cant afford him. he would be nasty and u need 2 guys in the middle for a 3-4. but we dont need him. but if we had him no one would complain about him. no lb in the draft will ever be as good as him. the only thing is he is way to exspensive. u can have 3 lb's for his price and thats the only reason im saying no. but other than that i would love this guy here. im from baltimore im not a ravens fan but i do catch there boring games all the time. and the only thing not boring is ray ray knocking ******* out! so he is a future hall of famer and i would love to have him if any way to fit him in our little salary room aka he would have to take a pay cut! and he would never do that. so thats how i feel. he is nasty but not to cut half of our already ready superbowl team! i love the dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean keep our opinions to ourselves what do you think a forum such as this is for?
I just don't get people lately?
By the why what do you think your doing right now your giving your opinion!:sidelol:

shouright said:
Not for our 1st.

If I'm building a team from scratch I want him first and Brett Favre second (yes, even at this stage of Favre's career), but he doesn't fit into our short- and long-term plans well enough right now for us to give up our 1st for him.

Whatever it is that you are smoking, I want some.

Back
Top Bottom