RB? Flo knows better. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB? Flo knows better.

I just don’t want to see another situation where we’re signing RBs off the street days before a game because we got backs out. Gaskin is decent and should be a part of the future. Ahmed was good in limited action as he failed to play all season. Brown is a big ??? But LA let him leave and their RB room might be worst than ours. So who knows what he can bring if he brings anything.

That’s my whole point right there. Gaskin is about all we got and he ain’t great.
Its all about the identity of the team. You cannot have elite in all offensive positions. Do you want a bruising grind it out ground game, or you want a high flying big chunk attack?
You can't have both. The draft system and cap doesn't allow you to do that.
If you want a high flying big hit offense, Gaskin is enough.

People in here arguing whether the RB makes the OL or the OL makes the RB

We passed on both RB and C yall....

I just don’t want to see another situation where we’re signing RBs off the street days before a game because we got backs out. Gaskin is decent and should be a part of the future. Ahmed was good in limited action as he failed to play all season. Brown is a big ??? But LA let him leave and their RB room might be worst than ours. So who knows what he can bring if he brings anything.

Their RB room has Darrell Henderson and Cam Akers, both of whom we'd be drooling over

Its all about the identity of the team. You cannot have elite in all offensive positions. Do you want a brusing grind it out ground game, or you want a high flying big chunk attack?
You can't have both. The draft system and cap doesn't allow you to do that.
If you want a high flying big hit offense, Gaskin is enough.
I don’t see this Offense doing that with Tua. This is an RPO based Offense. Running is a big part of that. This seems more like a grind it out and hit on the passes when you can pull the linebackers up off play action. But the passes are quick so high flying I don’t see.

KC took a RB last year because they had no obvious weakness and just wanted another toy for Mahomes.

Baltimore runs a 1970’s offense in 2021 so they took a RB last year so they can run the ball into the ground because Lamar Jackson can’t beat better QB‘s with his arm.

Green Bay is doing everything it can to make life harder for Rodgers and he keeps succeeding because he’s Aaron Rodgers, and Brady could win a Super Bowl with me as running back.

Tennessee will never get to a Super Bowl with Tannehill as QB despite the numbers Henry puts up because Tannehill is Tannehill.

The Rams running game couldn’t save Goff from getting the ax.

Buffalo went RB high multiple times, but as of last year, they killed so many teams through the air the RB position was just a bonus. Plus Allen is their running game which is fine until he gets concussed.

Pittsburgh took a RB high this year because Roethlisberger is long in the tooth and they think it might take some pressure off him...see Marino when Jimmy drafted JJ Johnson, Rob Konrad and John Avery during the twilight of his career, that worked out, ha

Anyhoo....
Could have used a swing olineman - no obvious weakness, can never have enuf Olinemen - Particularly during Covid?? They already had D Williams but got cute

Their choice ultimately backfired although they got to the dance

Taking RBs first rd is not a good plan even taken one in firest and third round questionable imho

Another take...

Is it possible once JAC selected Etienne MIA changed gears and is now targeting James Robinson in a trade for a lower round pick than they would have had to use to draft the same caliber RB? Urban Meyer can talk all day about Etienne being a 3rd down compliment to Robinson. We all know he’s more than that.

I also like Chris Evans late.

I know that Fitz made a great throw to beat the Raiders but Gaskins won that game. A back who can take a short pass and score when your backed up is exactly what you need to help a young QB. IMO he just keeps improving. Im not saying that he’s going to be Cook or Henry. But he is a better James White.

Top RBs on Super Bowl winning teams are Ahmed Bradshaw, Damien Williams, Ronald Jones, Jonas Gray, Leggarett Blount (twice), Sony Michelle, Brandon Jackson, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and Ronnie Hillman. I believe. I looked quick. It looks to me like RB by committee is the proven blue print to success. Not the exception.

Last edited:
I don’t see this Offense doing that with Tua. This is an RPO based Offense. Running is a big part of that. This seems more like a grind it out and hit on the passes when you can pull the linebackers up off play action. But the passes are quick so high flying I don’t see.
With Fuller, Waddle, and TE in Gesicke who can go deep, plus the new RT who is superb in pass protect, the personnel tells me Flo wants a vertical big chunk attack.

I'm not gonna disparage any one pick that Miami has made, but I'm not gonna call any fan stupid just because they think that, at some point in two years, they Dolphins could have drafted an NFL caliber running back. Especially last year.
Miami could have picked any RB over Noah but they went with Noah I. who looked like crap on the field.

I know that Fitz made a great throw to beat the Raiders but Gaskins won that game. A back who can take a short pass and score when your backed up is exactly what you need to help a young QB. IMO he just keeps improving. Im not saying that he’s going to be Cook or Henry. But he is a better James White.

Top RBs on Super Bowl winning teams are Ahmed Bradshaw, Damien Williams, Ronald Jones, Jonas Gray, Leggarett Blount (twice), Sony Michelle, Brandon Jackson, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and Ronnie Hillman. I believe. I looked quick. It looks to me like RB by committee is the proven blue print to success. Not the exception.
I think older fans (I catch myself doing this) default to the old school way of a workhorse back and it makes you feel better to have that slot taken care of but the NFL is so different now that successful teams have a solid running game by several RBs (unless of course you have someone like D Henry lol).

Flo is 21 century coach. He realize RB is no longer the centerpiece of the offense. Nowaday is all about big plays, QB and WR. Running is only a minor aspect of the offense that keep the defense honest. There is nothing wrong with RB by committee. You can always get a serviceable RB in day 3. Love his picks first two nights. RB tomorrow.
The worst and most short sighted post i have seen in a looooong time.

Back
Top Bottom