Report: Dolphins have done the most work on Oregon QB Justin Herbert | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins have done the most work on Oregon QB Justin Herbert

I don't think Herbert is even remotely similar to Tannehill when he was drafted. I don't really get the comparisons.
They are lazy and uninformed comparisons. Tannehill was nowhere near the gun slinger Herbert is. Herbert is a victim of bad coaching

Grier loved Herbert last year and it doesn't seem like anything has changed.
And after watching that Mike tanned bum interview of how he thought Herbert was by far the best quarterback in the class it might echo what Grier felt as well.

I don't think Herbert is even remotely similar to Tannehill when he was drafted. I don't really get the comparisons.
The comparisons are not about of how they look throwing the ball or running it with it Etc.The comparisons are of not being a leader, inconsistent, lacking that IT factor. And Tannehill is actually more accurate.

Mike Tannenbaum scouted Herbert on several occasions in 2018. And has glowing spoke of Herbert, since he was let go by Miami. We all know how Tannenbaum feels about Herbert. Grier on the other hand, has only been known to have scouted Herbert one time as the official GM of the Dolphins in 2019. There is no evidence, to suggest Grier is as high on Herbert, as Tannenbaum is. Inspite of this, Herbert very well could be the choice @ #5.

They are lazy and uninformed comparisons. Tannehill was nowhere near the gun slinger Herbert is. Herbert is a victim of bad coaching

If he is a victim of bad coaching, there is something wrong with him. If that is the case, Phins should not draft him. Just scratch him and let someone else deal with it.

There are knocks on all of the QBs though. Ultimately, we will have to decide which ones we like, and at what point we should pull the trigger.

Mike Tannenbaum scouted Herbert on several occasions in 2018. And has glowing spoke of Herbert, since he was let go by Miami. We all know how Tannenbaum feels about Herbert. Grier on the other hand, has only been known to have scouted Herbert one time as the official GM of the Dolphins in 2019. There is no evidence, to suggest Grier is as high on Herbert, as Tannenbaum is. Inspite of this, Herbert very well could be the choice @ #5.

Believe it if you want to or not, but i've heard from someone i believe that Grier is extremely fond of Herbert and would of sold the farm to get him this offseason should he have came out.

There are knocks on all of the QBs though. Ultimately, we will have to decide which ones we like, and at what point we should pull the trigger.
If the QB is real bad then we should pull the trigger real fast......on him.

Payoff/reward ÷ risk = value

Some people seem to disregard or misunderstand the first part.
The expected value concept isnt hard wired into our brains, if you havent actively played around with the concept, chances are you're like most people, risk averse and favorable to short term gratification over long term +ev decisions.

And now we are hearing that the Fins used resources to scout Love last year as a sophomore, the smoke screen is heavy right now. Honestly I love it, I feel like FA and draft night will be the biggest roller coaster ride ever.

Lol so true. If we drafted by only the good posts about players coming up...the entire draft would last about 5 players.

Herbert actually has real good scrambling ability. If the right coach gets him he can use that to his benefit while working on mastering his mechanics. He can play much like Lamar Jackson does as far as the option goes and do well

Back
Top Bottom