Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 66 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Funny how Dolphin fans claim he only wants the money now (though I'm not disputing that's a factor even though it is pretty much with every FA) when he is a fit for Oakland's and Washington's defenses and would have been a miscast for our scheme.

It was very apparent that he wanted Miami to offer him more money. Basically used his homeboy to call out the raiders and then headed to Miami with no intent of ever getting to Buffalo.

Now he's on to the Skins fit or no fit it's his payday and he may never have another. I'd want as much cash as I could get too.

It was very apparent that he wanted Miami to offer him more money. Basically used his homeboy to call out the raiders and then headed to Miami with no intent of ever getting to Buffalo.

Now he's on to the Skins fit or no fit it's his payday and he may never have another. I'd want as much cash as I could get too.
I understand your points bro, but I don't agree with how long he has strung teams along.

Funny how Dolphin fans claim he only wants the money now (though I'm not disputing that's a factor even though it is pretty much with every FA) when he is a fit for Oakland's and Washington's defenses and would have been a miscast for our scheme.

You generalize too much. I can only speak for myself, but I was never enamored with any FA LB as I didn't see any real difference makers. Brown's behavior, on the other hand, reeks of a guy whose sole motivation is just a big payday. I would be cautious signing any guy to a big contract who has only had one above average season.

He has every right, if the teams don't like it withdraw your offer and move on.

I don't think Miami will withdraw the offer unless they fill the need some other way or he accepts another offer. It really isn't affecting anything at this point so why mess with it.

Exactly. Dude wouldn't make much of a difference on this team I don't believe

I don't agree with that. I want him in Miami but since it doesn't appear he likes their money he'll go somewhere that gives him close to whatever it is he's looking for.

Pulling the offer is pointless. It's not like the money offered counts against the cap or anything. It's not an offer sheet.

You never know.... Maybe the Raiders have the best offer at the moment and they pull theirs, then he jumps on ours. Can't hurt to keep the option open.

At first I wanted to sign him even though he'd be a bit mis-casted in our D. As this has dragged out, I've Flip-flopped and hope we don't sign him. I realize we have a lot of draft needs but I feel like the best thing Miami could do for this defense long term is bite the bullet and draft an LB that won't be playing out of position in round 1.

Cracks me up that we disparage players for trying to cash in. Most of us work for the income and would consider changing companies for financial incentives. These guys are no different other than they have the opportunity to make a lot in a very short window. Yep, the culture, locale and other factors weigh in, but income is a critical incentive for the vast majority of us.

Get what you can...just don't coast when you get it...

We can't afford him

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

We need to get a new deal worked out with Jarvis

:blowup:He is supposed to make his final decision this week and hopefully end this thread. He is making this drag out longer than LeBron James' decision and Zach Brown is no King James. ENOUGH ALREADY! :bricks:

Back
Top Bottom